News, happenings
Lobster
Official Crustacean

USB keydrive as a bootable drive

#21 Post by Lobster »

:)

Yes I have a 64 meg disgo USB keydrive
used the write to USB script in 1.0.6rc
seemed to install OK (so that is good) There may have been one error towards the end - the writing part. So when I tried booting (from two different machines) one did not have a USB option and the other did not recognise the USB keydrive as a bootable drive.

So I gave up . . . because I have no overriding need for this . . . People have different perceptions of ease of use.

Mine is "just works" :oops:
. . . just a lazy Lobster basking in the sun . . .

I think Dan has a great website and I hope this service will develop - I do think providing a floppy boot option makes the potential use of this even more trouble free - perhaps with a datasheet . . .

8)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

pakt

Re: USB keydrive as a bootable drive

#22 Post by pakt »

Lobster wrote:...I do think providing a floppy boot option makes the potential use of this even more trouble free - perhaps with a datasheet . . .
Did I see a suggestion there?? Great!

Lobster, would you care to amplify on what you meant with "perhaps with a datasheet". I assume you were refering to the floppy... :)

pakt

#23 Post by pakt »

dvw86 wrote:I would love to test it though so we would know for sure.
Dan, perhaps you could loan me on of your Super Talent flash pens loaded with Puppy so I can test it with WakeUSB and see if it will work with some old PC's I have that don't boot from USB.