Macpup 511

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
runtt21

#201 Post by runtt21 »

Yea for me 1000th post!!!!! :D :lol:

I have done a complete over haul of the calm theme.All of it's features have been updated to work with 511.Plus this theme has it's own boot splash. All of the newer e17 themes have a built in boot splash but I have finally found how to customize it to match the rest of the theme.

To use the new splash load the theme first then open the settings panel and go to look and select start up.

Then select personal at the top left. Then select the theme and apply.Make sure the show splash screen on login is checked.

I will have this theme up loaded soon.
Last edited by runtt21 on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 15:25, edited 1 time in total.

rokytnji

#202 Post by rokytnji »

But Yea for me 1000th post!!!
Congrats Bro. Enjoy the party.

racepres

#203 Post by racepres »

I'm celebrating with you right now.... Cold One Too!!!
RP

runtt21

#204 Post by runtt21 »

Louis gave me several new backgrounds that will be included in the calm-3.pet

runtt21

#205 Post by runtt21 »

The MP511-calm-3.pet i snow up on my page. Enjoy!!! :D
[url]http://macpup.org/runtt21[/url]

runtt21

#206 Post by runtt21 »

You know what? It's kind of cool when the lead developer of a different e17 /Ubuntu based distro starts taking shots at you...... :lol:

racepres

#207 Post by racepres »

runtt21 wrote:You know what? It's kind of cool when the lead developer of a different e17 /Ubuntu based distro starts taking shots at you...... :lol:
That wouldn't be that jeff hoogland guy would it??
Sorry I tried ubuntu more than once..... Never Again!!
RP

Edit: And if Mint Counts.... More than a few times!!!
I'm over it!!!
MacPup for me!

runtt21

#208 Post by runtt21 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DON"T POST ANYTHING IN REPLY TO HIM AT ALL. Not on the video or his blog or their forum. Let him take his best shot. Face it his .iso is twice the size of ours :lol: . So let him talk all he wants..... :lol:

maxpro4u

#209 Post by maxpro4u »

who is this jeff person and what is his issue?
Dell D610 1.7M w/1024mb
Testing Slacko and a few others
I'm Max Wachtel and I approve this message.
Registered Linux User #393236

racepres

#210 Post by racepres »

Twice?? Nah!
You give 'em lots of credit.
I don't know who it is Maxpro4u, But I guess I don't care either, Probably just another puffed up "mine is best period" elitist, anyway.
RP

runtt21

#211 Post by runtt21 »

Max said
who is this jeff person and what is his issue?
I am a lot better guitar player than he is. :lol:

Check this out Sneeky did a flashback video for macpup foxy 1.5 .That was the second pup that I built. It seems like years ago.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMuYzwKvYBw

runtt21

#212 Post by runtt21 »

Agust released his Gray theme today so the Macpup version is now up on my macpup page. Like the Calm theme the Gray theme also has it own boot splash. Enjoy the MP511-gray-1.pet. :D

Agust release:

http://e17-stuff.org/content/show.php/A ... ent=137766
[url]http://macpup.org/runtt21[/url]

runtt21

#213 Post by runtt21 »

After watching sneeky's video for Fox 1.5 I decided to update my old megan theme. The theme started off as a icewm theme styled after Zazoo's e17 imago theme.CatDude built it for me. This was the default theme for fox1.5 an was updated for Fox 2.0 again as the default. After we switched to e17 CatDude and I built a e17 version that was the default for Fox e17. Yesterday I completely rebuilt it but I wanted a different wallpaper. CatDude suggested looking at a gallery on DeviantArt by Richard Mohler (relhom ) . I found the perfect wallpaper and email Mr. Mohler who gave me permission to use his "Blue Thang" wallpaper. He has done some of the most amazing work I have seen And I suggest everyone check out his stuff at:

http://relhom.deviantart.com/

The New Megan theme for Macpup

The theme has it's own bootsplash. The MP511-megan-3.pet is now up on my macpup page.Enjoy.

Thank you very much Mr. Mohler !!!!! :D

`f00

#214 Post by `f00 »

Thanks to all in Macpup extended family. Just finished the dl on a slow conn (and the md5 was correct even after a few hard breaks!)

The tuts&tips in this thread are a nice touch. Some goodies for sure and I wanted a winner oob .. looks like I'll see if a lucipup can be relatively functional even without an internet umbilical at first (one of these days I'll get pup online :oops: )

<rambling scribble>
p06 @cgt_1991 the pink bg in urxvt is when it can't understand the color you told it in xdefaults, so it dumps hot pink in for say "smoke white" or suchlike so you know there's a failure to rgbhex or * - consoles can be picky. darn, a wide pic got into the thread, I guess it doesn't bother most laptoppers (nice image but it kicks itself after the top quarter scans on my conn, such as it is :| that could also be the size limit on tinypic, a mb+ could be a stretch).. driveicons, almost ;) forgot about those.. new toys and another fm is a good thing (mmhm, rox has a few points besides its quirks).. sure, webkit cool (arora like mg sportscar), maybe I'll see Op11 work out on pup (my old win triggers the "browser expects a more recent.. upgrade your os." even on a stick.. rotfl, I'm TRYING to!). modules (snow I got for real, maybe a frost module for that crystalline chill effect), smart-mgr.. p12, dear sweet yes fonts are important ever since that charred stick came out of the fire and hit the cave wall. p13, yvho & many others I'm sure, Eyes' - when the tool tells the worker what the job is it's time for a new tool, primates have been doing this for awhile
</random noise>

xdelta files for upgrade seem to be a bit in short supply recently, but it might be appreciated if they were done where possible (not only saves the slow clients but servers save a trifle too) - 'brigado if that's do-able for the 'final' e17 mix.

runtt21

#215 Post by runtt21 »

I am not really sure what that's all about.....

But Xdelta's are not going to happen. Dude I am building a whole new macpup out of 5.2. Now it may be a while cause I need a new snapshot of e17 to come out but when that happens I will have the base ready to go.The biggest issues is picking the new default theme...... :lol: It may be the new megan theme , Try it out let me know what you think .Be sure to use the themes boot splash!!!

runtt21

#216 Post by runtt21 »

Russoodle , You're the best!!!!!

Check this out , It a PClinuxOS video BUT look what the guy says in the video discription!!! That's cool !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIflH21KDwQ

`f00

#217 Post by `f00 »

Had to ask (why I put in the if, major upgrades don't save anything in a dif) the scribble was just passing time while waiting the hours to pass during dl. . . it'll be tough to top the a-special theme!

Had a go with it since then, so some screenies and the usual runoff..

update

Well .. it finally blew up :lol: (note to self, let the dog know how you're saving before you get too carried away - but it's nice the 2nd time since you know a few of the pitfalls besides the obvious one). My puzzle now is why the menu in box-types doubles with those subs (doesn't follow the xdg template rules for breakout number of items in subs) .. blackbox has some hints for me since the system is simpler. Learned my lesson with the new pekwm and jwm5 :|
Ah, it's not so much the .menu files in xdg as just old header-rules for single tiered menus (fine for handwork but automation.. yah, hardly've seen those subnames but times change - funny all the subs are used in the 511 menu)

jwm5 is another story - it doesn't like my vertical pager-tray but otherwise snappy/sharp

and pekwm has it's own take on the base-menu now..

and back :) - that was just before the "this is bad" mssg when I tinkered a step too far (no biggie and ++'s even)

with any luck I'm happily dling xorg_hi now...

runtt21

#218 Post by runtt21 »

it'll be tough to top the a-special theme!
I like that theme but It's time for something else for the next pup.

nooby

#219 Post by nooby »

The following text is only my naive thinking and not a criticism of any kind.

I where struggling for month trying to get any puppy to show 1024x768 on an external screen and most puppies included MacPup did only show 1024x600 due to the Acer D250 most likely is set up that way to get 16:9 relation to its wide small 10" internal Netbook screen.

Then I finally after months of feeling discourage manged to ask Jemimah what could cause this anomaly between puppies and she said yesterday that it could be about JWM manager doing it.

so I tested on every Puppy I had available in frugal install and MackPup was one of them. Yes when I changed to IceWM then it did show 1024x768 instead of 1024x600 on MackPup and every puppie that could change to something else.

But at same time that took away the uniquness of E17 and Macpup looked almost like a regular Lupu511?

I am sure of that it is my very naiveness that made me surprised.

What is good is that this 511 does boot while other 511 don't boot. so thanks for that feature.

I never got a grip of the file handler in E17 so maybe I should not try to get E17 on IceWM if that is possible at all?

Thanks for reading this far. Much appreciated.

I guess my question is this: What is different about this Lupu 511 that makes it boot on my Acer D250 while Lupu 520 fails to boot and Puppy Studio that also is 510 or 511 fails to boot?

What did you guys change in the boot up that makes it more tolerant to hardware allowing it to boot? What other puppies are based on same 511 and same kernal? How does one search for them? Are all 511 able to use IceWM?
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

runtt21

#220 Post by runtt21 »

I changed to IceWM that took away the uniquness of E17
I didn't do any customizing to jwm or icewm in this pup. I include then because it is possible for someone to hose e17 if they really try.So instead of getting stuck with a terminal only they still have a wm to switch into.
I never got a grip of the file handler in E17

The problem is that macpup has two file managers rox and efm. Efm is not ready for the big time yet. It will be removed in the next pup.

What did you guys change in the boot up
Macpup is setup to boot e17 so the rox pinboard is off by default. It only comes back on if you change wm's but by the time you do that xorg is already set up.

The next macpup wont have icewm or open box ,might not have jwm .

Something else you need to try is going back to e17 and change it to netbook.