11%
2.14x
29%
Other: 2.14x only
32%

Total votes: 38

ttuuxxx

#3501 Post by ttuuxxx »

sinc wrote:its funny, i've only been on this forum since early 2009 but I feel like this kinda stuff is common. i've seen all kinds of in-fighting on these threads. i don't know all the background but crazy stuff (I almost started naming off names but no need to).

Ttuuxxx, Barry says to email him if you want to give him any comments so email him. I'm sure he would read something from you.

Dave, come on, don't over-react. If you enjoy puppy and ttuuxxx's versions, whats the difference if Barry is not currently participating. You know, Bill Gates retired from Microsoft.

I like the idea about a whole new linux, that would be something I could learn from. Would you have any idea how to do that? Compile a kernel and add to it, is that it? Well, I know theres more than that, that sounds simplistic but it would be fun watching you work, as it already is
Its a bit more than that:) but yes it would be fun, and a lot of work. Who knows maybe sooner than next year :)
What I was thinking was a Os dedicated to older pc's kind of like 2.14X, but with the latest glibc and maybe the same or a bit newer kernel. Its been a great kernel compared to some of the newer ones.
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

don922

Unreadable Screens

#3502 Post by don922 »

Are the programs Remaster Puppy 2 and Rebuild your ISO image the same program? They appear to be different programs but I'm having the same problem with both of them.

In the disk partition size screen the disk partition names, ie, hda1, hda5, etc. is so compressed & crowded to the left that they can't be read. Also, the first line is set so high and crowded that it can't be read.

This same problem exists in both "programs".

ttuuxxx

Re: Unreadable Screens

#3503 Post by ttuuxxx »

don922 wrote:Are the programs Remaster Puppy 2 and Rebuild your ISO image the same program? They appear to be different programs but I'm having the same problem with both of them.

In the disk partition size screen the disk partition names, ie, hda1, hda5, etc. is so compressed & crowded to the left that they can't be read. Also, the first line is set so high and crowded that it can't be read.

This same problem exists in both "programs".
can you take a screenshot or two and please they look fine on my pc.
So I can have a better idea.
also they are different. Remaster Puppy 2 is automatic and better for beginners and Rebuild your iso is for the more advanced user who like the hands on approach, basically you edit your sfs file first and rebuild it using /root/SfS-converter and then use Rebuild your iso, to make the iso.
ttuuxxx
Attachments
pic.jpg
(71.86 KiB) Downloaded 972 times

MinHundHettePerro

#3504 Post by MinHundHettePerro »

Printing to lpr HP DeskJet815C in RC5:

AbiWord -> lpr :D
Evince -> lpr :D
GQView -> lpr :D
FireFox -> lpr :D
CUPS testpage -> lpr :D
AbiWord -> pdf :D
FireFox -> pdf :D

Cheers :)/
MHHP
[color=green]Celeron 2.8 GHz, 1 GB, i82845, many ptns, modes 12, 13
Dual Xeon 3.2 GHz, 1 GB, nvidia quadro nvs 285[/color]
Slackos & 214X, ... and Q6xx
[color=darkred]Nämen, vaf....[/color] [color=green]ln -s /dev/null MHHP[/color]

abushcrafter

Re: Distrowatch

#3505 Post by abushcrafter »

MinHundHettePerro wrote::o :shock: :D :mrgreen: :)/
MHHP
:D :lol:

davesurrey

#3506 Post by davesurrey »

MHHP:
Should it ever come to this, I would be most grateful if you'd volunteer to to edit my ten-minute sw-english "release draft" (including the spelling-mistakes I already see) .
I'd be happy to help although I think you've done a great job already.

ttuuxxx and friends:
I'll stick around this thread for a while but sadly I do agree with what you wrote ttuuxxx.

Happy Easter everyone
Dave

MinHundHettePerro

#3507 Post by MinHundHettePerro »

To fix the non-working click-mounting of .2fs and .3fs files:

Move /root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/MIME-types/filemnt to /usr/sbin/filemnt and make a symlink /root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/MIME-types/filemnt -> /usr/sbin/filemnt (that way the recent fixes for click-mounting .sfs and iso9660 won't have to be rolled back).

hth :)/
MHHP

01micko

#3508 Post by 01micko »

Dave,

You and I didn't see eye to eye early on, but it was kind of trivial. (It was some crap in one of those 'political' threads). I'm glad we left that at that.

I would like to thank you for testing stuff I've done and even prompting some stuff I've done.. Pcountdown? :) . Was your idea, I only implemented it, and it forced a flood of other count down timers for Puppy Linux!

I have tried both CrunchBang and Slitaz. They aren't bad distros. However they are not Puppy. I find that Puppy is the perfect balance between light and full featured, especially on old kit.

I could be wrong, but I've a feeling you'll be back. If I am wrong, then all the best to you and of course your recovering girlfriend. Else if I'm not then still best wishes!

Cheers mate and have a happy Easter.

Mick
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

don922

#3509 Post by don922 »

ttuuxxx wrote:can you take a screenshot or two and please they look fine on my pc.
So I can have a better idea.
also they are different. Remaster Puppy 2 is automatic and better for beginners and Rebuild your iso is for the more advanced user who like the hands on approach, basically you edit your sfs file first and rebuild it using /root/SfS-converter and then use Rebuild your iso, to make the iso.
ttuuxxx
Sorry that these png's aren't open but, I don't know how to open them in a forum posting.
[color=green][i]Don -- Thailand[/i][/color]
[url=http://www.puppylinux.com][img]http://tinypic.com/4e0tojl.jpg[/img][/url]

MinHundHettePerro

#3510 Post by MinHundHettePerro »

Are we down to polishing with the finest grit paper now? :lol: :lol: :lol:
/MHHP

don922

#3511 Post by don922 »

Is MinHundHettePerro an alias for alienjeff?

I hate to admit it but, I didn't understand your cryptic message.................went right over my head.

Neither your comment about abrasive paper nor the picture made any sense to me.

sinc

#3512 Post by sinc »

He's asking if he should be so "picky" as to point out the mtpaint icon is not there. its a generic bin icon.
Last edited by sinc on Sun 04 Apr 2010, 13:36, edited 1 time in total.

don922

#3513 Post by don922 »

sinc wrote:He's asking if should be so "picky" as to point out the mtpaint icon is not there. its a generic bin icon.
This, too, makes no sense.

Additionally, it is not the English language, "He's asking if should be so "picky"". What in the world does that mean?

MinHundHettePerro

#3514 Post by MinHundHettePerro »

don922 wrote:Is MinHundHettePerro an alias for alienjeff?
Oh, such flattery, you make me blush :oops: :oops: :oops:
don922 wrote:I hate to admit it but, I didn't understand your cryptic message.................went right over my head.

Neither your comment about abrasive paper nor the picture made any sense to me.
I'm sorry, don922, if the undertones in my post evaded perception, perhaps it's due to me not being a native English-speaker :oops: :oops: :oops: . For the sake of preserving this thread as light-spirited and comradely as it has been all along, I will decipher my crypticisms:

I felt a tad bit reluctant to point out such a minor glitch as a missing icon, making the rox right-click option defaultpaint use the fall-back generic icon.
Furthermore, my post was not in any way a comment on yours, where you, rightfully, point out another GUI glitch for your combination of screen resolution/system font size.

My deepest felt apologies if my post could, mistakenly, be interpreted as, even in the slightest way, spiteful :oops: :oops: :oops: .

I love the world and all its inhabitants (see my signature).

Yours Sincerely :oops: :oops: :)/
MHHP

sinc

#3515 Post by sinc »

don922 wrote:
sinc wrote:He's asking if should be so "picky" as to point out the mtpaint icon is not there. its a generic bin icon.
This, too, makes no sense.

Additionally, it is not the English language, "He's asking if should be so "picky"". What in the world does that mean?
I left out a word while quickly typing a response. He's asking if HE should be so picky as to point out the missing icon. I forgot the "he". I would say I will try to be more careful while typing, but... I won't. I'm sure I will still type in a hurry with tons of typos.

davesurrey

#3516 Post by davesurrey »

01micko
Hi Mate,
Well if we ever had any disagreement then I am sure it was just a difference of opinion, which we all can have from time to time, and never anything personal. Even on the net it's possible to know who the good guys are and who they aren't. You have always been in the first camp IMO and a positive contributor and influence here. Thanks for that and I wish you well.
Take care
Dave

Now on with 214X.............

MinHundHettePerro

#3517 Post by MinHundHettePerro »

don922 wrote:Sorry that these png's aren't open but, I don't know how to open them in a forum posting.
I believe the maximum allowed width in pixels, for an image to get embedded into a forum post, instead of attached, is 600 pxl.

HTH :)/
MHHP

davesurrey

#3518 Post by davesurrey »

MHHP
Go for it, I say. Find all the small stuff as well as all the big stuff you have in the past. Plus all the fixes you have contributed. I'm sure ttuuxx appreciates it all. He can add or not what he wants but I'm sure he wants 214X to be the best and feedback can only help
Cheers
Dave

MinHundHettePerro

#3519 Post by MinHundHettePerro »

@davesurrey

Of course, I will continue my never-ending glitch hunting, it's a favourite pastime of mine :) :).

(A lot of tongue-in-cheek for MinHundHettePerro, since the style of a Bold and Inane Grumpy Old Troll already is taken by my alter ego AJ :P.)

Cheers :)
MHHP

ttuuxxx

#3520 Post by ttuuxxx »

I've been adding those icons to the rt click functions. the dir2tar.gz is giving me a bit of a issue, but the others will be easy.
Coolpup reminded me that a newer opensll 1.0 is out for the 4.32 build, so I compiled it on 2.14X.
below is the 3 files, the doc's are just the man files but they could come in handy.
ttuuxxx