Multi-Copy/Paste v3.0

Miscellaneous tools
Smithy

#41 Post by Smithy »

Hi nic, noted on your tips, I've worn out a couple of mice with flaming Rox, I remember seeing the Multi-Copy/Paste yonks ago, but was a bit too thick to "get it" at the time!

SFR

#42 Post by SFR »

Smithy wrote:It would be good if one could just highlight the files required, select copy or cut, whizz over to another drive or folder and paste right inside there, but like you said, one has to highlight the folder before it will paste into it.
nic007 wrote:one can copy to the root of a drive, which of course can be done.
Yeah, basically, if you can select it, you can copy (to) it.
ROX-Filer can perform an action only on selected item(s), so there's nothing one can do about it, besides modifying the ROX itself.
Smithy wrote:can I rename the dialogue names to cut, copy and paste
This three-liner should do it:

Code: Select all

sed -i 's/${MULTI}-//g' /usr/local/apps/MultiCopyPaste/multicopypaste{,-config}
sed -i 's/${INV}\*-\*/${INV}\*/' /usr/local/apps/MultiCopyPaste//multicopypaste-config
multicopypaste-config
Haven't tested it much, but seemed to work ok.

Greetings!
[color=red][size=75][O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource[/size][/color]
[b][color=green]Omnia mea mecum porto.[/color][/b]

nic007

#43 Post by nic007 »

Strange how things pan out. I've been using this application for a long time and because of the supposed / limitation never thought of trying to copy to the running system's / or a drive's root (parent directory). Just thought it was impossible. That was before Smithy's post and I had a "closer" look. I figured out within 2 minutes that the so-called "limitations" were not limitations afterall.