ArtfulPup (& Upup-Bionic-Beaver-RC)

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
peebee

#581 Post by peebee »

proebler wrote:ydrv_LxPupSc_18.03.sfs, renamed to ydrv_ubbpup_18.03.sf has allowed me to successfully get the display up when booting Upup_BB_18.03 (delta +3 and delta +6) on a Pentium P4 system.
regards
proebler
Hi

Afraid that some of the libraries - specifically libXfont have moved on (to libXfont2) in UBBPup and so the xorg-1.11.4 ydrv will not work with UBBPup (it still works with LxPupSc).
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

mavrothal

Re: UBB-Pup- 18.03+9

#582 Post by mavrothal »

peebee wrote:
Could you test this ydrv.sfs which has the ArchLinux32 busybox-1.28 which does include fdisk....
Here is busybox 1.28.2 built from source in UBB +9 using the slacko petbuilt config file and the ubb devx. Swap partition loads ok with this. May want to give it a try (md5: fe2ad232b851ba8fd565d6a4cecc28f2 busybox.gz).
I should point out however that the original ubb busybox 1.25 has no problem loading my swap.

BTW libisl19 is needed for busybox to compile in UBB
== [url=http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]Here is how to solve your[/url] [url=https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html]Linux problems fast[/url] ==

davids45

Futuristic BionicPup?

#583 Post by davids45 »

G'day peebee,

I have just noticed that my latest BionicPup (+9) keeps starting up with the time set 11 hours into the future. I am in Sydney and it's still Daylight Saving time here (for another week) but that's only a hour from Australian Eastern Standard time. Which is +11 hours from GMT if that's not just a coincidence.

The Pup is a manual frugal Bionic+9 with a lot of pets installed (~25), the pets being composed of links back to the program files stored on my data partition (as per recent screenshots). I made a remaster of this Bionic+9 which also starts 11 hours ahead.

I missed checking if the original not-petted Bionic Pup also has timing out :oops: .

I have used these pets in other Pups which seem to keep to the correct computer time. But it could still be something I'm adding that is causing this time-shift, so again, is it just me?

David S.

peebee

Re: Futuristic BionicPup?

#584 Post by peebee »

davids45 wrote:latest BionicPup (+9) keeps starting up with the time set 11 hours into the future.
is it just me?

David S.
Seems to be a woof-ce "temporary feature" which has "gone away" in my latest build....
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

peebee

#585 Post by peebee »

+10 delta

iso md5 = 125a5e7efd47f503b7c65618d50a64f1 Upup_Bionic_Beaver-18.03+10.iso

Various fixes from woof-ce
Both busybox-1.28 (thanks @Mav) and full fdisk for @ETP to test
Some more upstream updates

:( :? Sadly the glib "noise" has returned and I've absolutely no idea why as the build process is identical!!! Help please! :?:

ETP

Re: UBB-Pup- 18.03+10

#586 Post by ETP »

Hi peebee,

I was in the process of testing ArchLinux32 busybox-1.28 when I saw that you had released the +10 delta.
Currently running that with a fresh manual frugal to a 3 partition fat16/fat32/f2fs USB2 stick.

There is no problem with swap partition detection and thanks go to @mav for his custom busybox-1.28
I am not seeing any glib errors in the logs or at the command prompt when launching leafpad or
hardinfo. I did spot a broken leafpad symlink in the "SendTo folder" which I re-created.That was not
however causing any problems. Strange that you are seeing glib "noise". You may want to try running
without the devx if you have that loaded.
Attachments
Screenshot.png
(20.28 KiB) Downloaded 512 times
Screenshot(1).png
(107 KiB) Downloaded 515 times
Regards ETP
[url=http://tinyurl.com/pxzq8o9][img]https://s17.postimg.cc/tl19y14y7/You_Tube_signature80px.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://tinyurl.com/kennels2/]Kennels[/url]

rockedge

#587 Post by rockedge »

maybe the 3rd time is the charm......@peebee.....

which devx should I be using for Bionic Delta 10 ???????? Have I offended anyone here for asking or why is my question which devx to use ignored?

belham2

#588 Post by belham2 »

rockedge wrote:maybe the 3rd time is the charm......@peebee.....

which devx should I be using for Bionic Delta 10 ???????? Have I offended anyone here for asking or why is my question which devx to use ignored?
Hey rock,

I'm pretty sure it is still this (for both 9 & 10):

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 589#986589

Hope things have been going good for you and your family. :wink:

rockedge

#589 Post by rockedge »

Thank you belham2!! very cool... I searched for it and couldn't find it without your help. :D

rockedge

#590 Post by rockedge »

I am using Upup_Bionic_Beaver-18.03+10.iso frugal install I am unable to load devx_ubbpup_18.03.sfs... I am getting an error ->

Code: Select all

fatal failed to append /initrd/pup_ro4

other .sfs's will load on the fly and run.

peebee

#591 Post by peebee »

rockedge wrote:I am using Upup_Bionic_Beaver-18.03+10.iso frugal install I am unable to load devx_ubbpup_18.03.sfs... I am getting an error ->

Code: Select all

fatal failed to append /initrd/pup_ro4

other .sfs's will load on the fly and run.
All fine here - downloaded and installed no problem...

Bad download? Did you check the md5 checksum as shown above?

rockedge

#592 Post by rockedge »

that is encouraging news and I tested the download and the checksum is okay
I have seen this error time to time on other setups as well but I am not sure how to fix it.

I will see how a delta 9 version goes on this machine and if I can load the devx. could be something simple I am just missing!

Dell Inspiron E1505 dual core 4gigs RAM
the problem could be something simple I am just missing.

Marv

#593 Post by Marv »

+9 updated to +10 on the frugal Grub4Dos install to the i5 laptop (intel i915 video) using the delta. md5sums ok, basically running well. In a pristine boot I get no glib noise at all, in my savefile update I have the full noise again. Normally I'd just start a fresh savefile but I'm kind of spinning my wheels til either ubuntu or myself sorts the failure to recognize the video card as DRI2 capable (every other pup and kernel combo does) hence falling back to software 3D rendering. Searching finds LOTS of questions wrt this and answers that are all over the field. I've worked as many leads as I am able and have gotten rid of all of the error messages but the fundamental 'card0 not capable' one. It's clearly not pup, 'probably' glibc/driver interaction but beyond me for now. Other than that all is well.

Thanks,
Pups currently in kennel :D Older LxPupSc and X-slacko-4.4 for my users; LxPupSc, LxPupSc64 and upupEF for me. All good pups indeed, and all running savefiles for look'n'feel only. Browsers, etc. solely from SFS.

rockedge

#594 Post by rockedge »

I double checked the checksum again...it is wrong...Does Not Match...

I used the link provided and downloaded it 2x
is there a different download source?

Semme

#595 Post by Semme »

Grab it wid'dis baby..
Attachments
wget_gui.jpg
(46.65 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Billtoo

ArtfulPup (& Upup-Bionic-Beaver-Alpha)

#596 Post by Billtoo »

@peebee

I did a frugal install to a usb-3.0 SSD.

After loading the kernel source and devx then exiting to the prompt to
run the NVIDIA-Linux-x86-390.42.run it gives an error saying that it
"can't determine the origin of the kernel source sfs" and exits so the
proprietary driver can't be compiled.

Thanks.

EDIT: The error said "version" of the kernel source sfs not origin.
Attachments
sfsloaded.jpg
(37.79 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
Last edited by Billtoo on Wed 28 Mar 2018, 00:32, edited 1 time in total.

Moat

#597 Post by Moat »

rockedge wrote:I double checked the checksum again...it is wrong...
Me too, downloaded via FF 52.6.0 on Windows7 (sorry Semme :oops: :lol: ) - MD5sum = aa282ce982de7742d48bb80ec8cbba24

Data point, FWIW...

Bob

Semme

#598 Post by Semme »

No worries Bob. In my experience, Mozilla based browsers are the worst when it comes to clean dwnlds.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Terry H

#599 Post by Terry H »

Just downloaded the devx and got correct md5sum as posted by peebee. Download done using Light 48.0 from UBB-Pup.

rockedge

#600 Post by rockedge »

I like Terry, used Light and downloaded the devx and I get the correct checksum and it loads on the fly into BionicPup Delta 10