Woof Alpha 3 dPup (Debian)

News, happenings
elraven

woof alpha 3 dpup

#61 Post by elraven »

I've been trying dpup , loading it into ram, using a save file. The issue i have ( i hate asking by the way) is this. It finds my sound card and loads a driver for just fine. It plays just fine too , but.... When i log out and shut down it saves or says it is saving. When i boot back up later i find i have to go through the whole process of configuring sound , tweaking the mixer and such , each and every time. I guess i hate asking this because i don't like bothering people . There has been alot of good developement with dpup ,as well as with others. This problem has me to such a state that i'm starting to blame it on evil tree gnomes . I'm even eyeing the owl that lives in a near by tree . :shock: Any way i hope someone can help me figure this out.

best regards
elraven

BarryK
Puppy Master

#62 Post by BarryK »

If I recall rightly, the settings are saved in /etc/asound.state, which is read at startup. A starting point would be to see if that file is getting updated when changes are made. I think it gets updated in the /etc/rc.d/rc.shutdown script at shutdown, so you should have the new settings at next bootup.
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

elraven

woof alpha 3 dpup

#63 Post by elraven »

thanks for the tip barry. :D i took a look and everything seems to be there but .... i'm having one of those can't find a tree cause the forest is in the way times. i'm going to give myself some breathing room and let dpup sit awhile ,maybe i'll have a brain storm something after a break.
thanks and regards
elraven

elraven

woof alpha 3 dpup

#64 Post by elraven »

Well , i'm at a complete loss . Having looked at asound.state , pupstate, and the shutdown files. It seems sound conf isn't reaching the shutdown and save parts . Alas , i even tried the new upup 461 ,and it is doing the same thing. right now ,i'm in 4.2 no bling and it runs just fine ,sound and all . It would seem i've lost favor with the computer spirits or something.
best regards
elraven

elraven

woof alpha 3 dpup

#65 Post by elraven »

Woo hoo ! yeah baby !
Hi Barry ,guys :D
my sound problem is solved ! The trouble was in the /etc/rc.d / rc.shutdown file. The asound.state file wasn't mentioned there. To solve it , i added the asound.state file to the variables loaded part of the shutdown file (at the top) . I then saved it and rebooted . I couldn't have done it without your help Barry . Thank you , thank you , thank you !!!!
Woo hoo ,yeah baby !
Elraven 8)