Evolutionary Technology Changes occurring to affect PUPPY

Under development: PCMCIA, wireless, etc.
gcmartin

Evolutionary Technology Changes occurring to affect PUPPY

#1 Post by gcmartin »

This is something for the younger people in the forum to be aware of.
Miniature density breakthru (again by IBM) and RAM-Processor motherboards that are now coming to market.
This information comes to us as reports.

Lastly, I saw a recent report estimating the amount of data that each of us will hold in our hands in 5 years. Yes, the thing in our hands is going to control EVERYTHING you own/lease/rent. All of your data uses will be in your hand or on your body within a decade for many. The safeguards for maintaining all individual data is already afoot.

The technology mentioned above means that enormous amounts of data transactions will occur in the blink of an eye, simultaneously.

Expect RAM increases within 1 quarter, while manufacturing changes for latest transistors will begin by CES 2016.

PUPPY, a RAM based OS, is uniquely positioned for data management tasks and useful use on systems of this order. Its time we open our eyes just a little to the value of interactive touch and multimedia transactions.

In any event, our PUPs on the new platforms will be the fastest ever witnessed when running Live/Frugal!!! No matter what size PUP distro or which version one chooses ... FASTEST Ever :!:

april

#2 Post by april »

Well thats one manufacturer getting a claim to fame out . There are others who may be more ready already . Cramming transistors into smaller and smaller containers is one thing . Its battery technology improvements we desperately need like the maxwell supercaps of 3.7 Volt 500 Farad the size of torch cells that can start your car and can charge instantly if you can supply the current .

Hope I am still around in 30 years

Ted Dog

#3 Post by Ted Dog »

I say less than 3 years, all electronics are running at lower voltages now days, circuits exist for 3.5v are being scaled to 1.8v ish, Have already seen the fast drop from 12V (11.5 laptops) to 5V for fully running computers during time saving for 12V Edison batteries pkg. now can get all parts at 5V including screens. There already exists micro controllers running on super caps ( and not large one at that ) What I like is the instant recharge with whatever DC voltage you have.