A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
backi

#301 Post by backi »

Dear mkeslr !

Your writing did really impress me !

partsman

#302 Post by partsman »

Very well said mikeslr !! :wink:
[color=red]Anyone can build a fast processor. The trick is to build a fast system. (Seymour Cray)[/color] :wink:

saintless

Re: A message to saintless

#303 Post by saintless »

mikeslr wrote:Dear Toni,
Dear mikeslr,

Where were you when fredx181 and friends made fun of me? Or when I was insulted?
Why didn't you post your wisdom in such "productive" replies like here or there for example?
Every of my answers is a result of fredx181 provocation in some of my threads (including my last post today).
I understand it is hard for him to admit the truth but I posted his own deleted words.
Instead preaching me, why don't you tell him to turn the other chick? Or to leave me alone and not to make fun from what he and his new friends did to me?

Hi emil. Nice to see you and I'm sorry you have to read this. I also hope this will stop but it is not all my fault. It takes two to tango.

Toni

wanderer

#304 Post by wanderer »

hi saintless

i know its upsetting
but please know there are a ton of people who have great respect for you

regards

wanderer

backi

#305 Post by backi »

Hi Tony !
I know it for sure..... You are really a nice guy .
I have to totally agree with wanderer .

But you find yourself in a situation of completely misinterpreting all the things that are happening .
( Remember: Suspicious Mind )
I wish could help you out of this "one way road " you captured in yourself ......Makes me really sad .

Dont want to get sentimental but " wish you were here " again .
But you have first to let go this(self)destructive position to find out of this confusion .

There comes a picture to my minds eye ......it looks like a runaway child .
Hope there is someone more skilled than me to lead you back (home?) .

Blessings Tony

saintless

#306 Post by saintless »

Hi wanderer,

People believe lies our days and lies is all posted from my felow linux developers the last months. Even yesterday:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 522#933198
fredx181 wrote: ...and was working on his own project on Github completely different from how DD was setup before.

Pure lie and exactly the opposite:
https://github.com/MintPup/DebianDog-Wh ... d-Fixes.md
saintless wrote:14. I will try to provide a way to update previous Jwm iso with all new changes. Script changes will be available here and updated packages and initrd files will be uploaded here.
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 3ae#924995
fredx181 wrote:Note: Above repository is not compatible with older DebianDog-Jessie ISO versions.
Also: this new release is not compatible with the custom DD repositories used in previous versions such as:
http://kazzascorner.com.au/saintless/De ... /Packages/
Or:
http://www.smokey01.com/saintless/Debia ... /Packages/
What is most upsetting is the original thread credits:
saintless wrote:I like to give my Thanks to Smokey and KazzaMozz for hosting DebianDog project here, here, here,
to Debian team for keeping Debian such flexible system,
to this forum for the opportunity to work on a project different from puppy linux,
to our forum members working on DebianDog development: Fred (fredx181), Terry (sunburnt), William (mcewanw), Sergey (sklimkin),
and for the valuable advices to: jbv, sfs, catsezmoo, big_bass, emil, dancytron, anikin from our forum
and dzz from www.debianuserforums.org
And to Sickgut for his original idea that made possible DebianDog to exist.
Compared to the continued thread credits:
fredx181 wrote:Thanks very much to forum members: saintless, mcewanw, sunburnt, sklimkin, rufwoof, backi, dancytron and others.
I still feel great disappointment about what the people I trusted did to me. But they didn't do it to me only. They did the same to many others behind me and before me. They all were members of this forum once. Almost noone active here anymore unfortunately. No wonder why... My fellow linux developers continue to present some twisted ego DebianDog story version and the people believe them and this is sad.

I feel my next project will be writing the true DebianDog story. I owe this to the people behind DebianDog.

Toni

backi

#307 Post by backi »

Hi Tony !
Dear mikeslr,

Where were you when fredx181 and friends made fun of me? Or when I was insulted?
Can't see it ......nobody ever made fun of you as far as i can see .
You are in state of heavy confusion ......almost paranoiac ........please come back to your mind ....until now there is a lot of damage done..please stop it . ......turn back from this road to nowhere .

mcewanw

Please remove the 'stealing' accusation

#308 Post by mcewanw »

Dear Forum moderators,

Having chosen to 'retired' following some earlier outbursts of the first poster on this thread, I am no longer really active on this forum. However, I cannot help but be disturbed to see that the first post of this thread has very recently been modified to make an accusation of stealing against one other person and myself.

I formally request, please, that you remove these accusatory remarks from being hosted on your forum. I use my genuine name on the forum, and these accusations are libellous.

If it helps implement the removal of these accusations, I am happy for my earlier projects to vanish along with my name (mcewanw = William) from anywhere on this forum altogether.. Main thing is that I want these personal attacks to be stopped.

As far as the Debian Live spin named DebianDog is concerned (and its several family members including MintPup and XenialDog) I certainly wish that my name will be removed from any and every credit concerning that work since in these circumstances I have no further interest in being in any way associated with it. Since I don't consider the system as being a particularly unique creation anyway the true or false history of its creation is of no meaning or interest to me personally. (No disrespect towards its main developers intended there - the 'spin' has some clever implementations, which I know involved and continues to involve a lot of hard work).

Furthermore, whilst I understand that 'flame-wars' are a well-known phenomenon in open-source, I find it unacceptable that one forum member can vanish for several months and then be allowed to re-appear from time to time to purposively ignite a long dead fire. Tolerating such forum member behaviour not only allows them to disrupt the work continuing to be undertaken on a project, but also takes away the fun and enthusiasm of others who care much less (if at all) about 'who' is or was the projects 'creator'...

Thank you in advance for removing the personal attacks against me such that I can return to the peace and quiet of my self-chosen retirement from such matters.

William
github mcewanw

saintless

Re: Please remove the 'stealing' accusation

#309 Post by saintless »

Hi William,
mcewanw wrote:Dear Forum moderators,

Having chosen to 'retired' following some earlier outbursts of the first poster on this thread, I am no longer really active on this forum. However, I cannot help but be disturbed to see that the first post of this thread has very recently been modified to make an accusation of stealing against one other person and myself.
It is up to the moderators and I will accept their decision.
But they should also know you enjoyed this as long as it was not you on the first page:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy//viewt ... 7cc#859356
mcewanw wrote:How you interact with others is up to yourself but, as in the rest of life, so are the consequencies. I wouldn't myself award you the honour of being mentioned at the top of every DD-related thread though! But congratulations anyway :-)
How does it feel to be on the other side?

Toni

backi

#310 Post by backi »

Dear Tony !

I beg you please ......stop running Amok......stop ridicule yourself .

Robert123

#311 Post by Robert123 »

Saintless you should be banned. Personal advice your obviously mentally ill get some help and for goodness sake leave Fred and mcewanw alone.
Devuan Linux, Stardust 013 (4.31) updated [url]https://archive.org/details/Stardustpup013glibc2.10[/url]
s57(2018)barebone[url]https://sourceforge.net/projects/puppy-linux-minimal-builds/files/s57%282018%29barebones.iso/download[/url]

belham2

#312 Post by belham2 »

Здравейте Toni,

Разберете това: you are a rock star when it comes to taking Debian and somehow getting that distro down to as small as only you can do to make it into the "dogs". I know, I've tried getting Debian down to even half the size you do and I've failed many times now. Even following your detailed post on how to do it, I still fail. But mate, everything else that is going on right now, by everybody (all included), is superfluous.

Разбирам, изборът изглежда не

saintless

#313 Post by saintless »

Hi belham,
[quote="belham2"]

saintless

#314 Post by saintless »

According to this post the thread stays open as a community project:
mcewanw wrote:As I say, all dogs are community projects; no-one can ask for that work to be locked or deleted without agreement from the other contributors.

backi

#315 Post by backi »

Hi Toni !

It`s a pleasure to see you back in Town ! :D :D

NOT kidding........

So Let`s praise the Lord ......Halleluja....!

Regards !

Pelo

I will try ISObooter

#316 Post by Pelo »

rcrsn51 wrote:Very nice. MintPup boots easily from ISObooter.
I would like to get Puppy and Mintpup (or other 'Dog' OS) available on a same pendrive. I will try ISObooter
My first idea was grub4dos.. feed back about success soon.
About the policy of Linux OS, the development can be finished and the OS well alive, downloaded by thousands of people . Who will just need a maintenance team to help them.. 'Service après vente' in French. Not to change it, but to explain how to use it.

dancytron

Re: I will try ISObooter

#317 Post by dancytron »

Pelo wrote:
rcrsn51 wrote:Very nice. MintPup boots easily from ISObooter.
I would like to get Puppy and Mintpup (or other 'Dog' OS) available on a same pendrive. I will try ISObooter
My first idea was grub4dos.. feed back about success soon.
About the policy of Linux OS, the development can be finished and the OS well alive, downloaded by thousands of people . Who will just need a maintenance team to help them.. 'Service après vente' in French. Not to change it, but to explain how to use it.
I've done it using Grub4dos on an old 20 GB usb hard drive.

Just get one installed and working (either Puppy or a Dog OS, it doesn't matter), then you can just copy the files over into their own subdirectories and write the entries in the menu.1st file manually.

Best to always put the dog distributions in uniquely named subdirectories (i.e. use something like /DD32Main/live or /xenial64test/casper instead of just /live or /casper) to avoid it finding the wrong set of changes.

mcewanw

#318 Post by mcewanw »

I think what we need are some YouTube videos for things like this, but for Pelo this might need French subtitles (especially if I made such videos with my Scottish accent)?

William
github mcewanw

Keef

#319 Post by Keef »

Do you tend towards the Fyfe Robertson style, or perhaps a bit of Rab C Nesbitt?.

anikin

#320 Post by anikin »