Bionic Dev Puppy Linux [Alpha]

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
mr-kumar-abhishek

Bionic Dev Puppy Linux [Alpha]

#1 Post by mr-kumar-abhishek »

Hello,

So I have made a remastered version of bionicpup32. This remastered version basically focused for users who are into software development.

This the website's link giving you the features of this puppy linux.

http://bionic-dev.web1337.net/

It includes:

1) QT 5.2 (A c++ application framework)
2) Java SDK 8
3) Mono .NET Framework
4) all the packages of devx
5) support of all indigenous language font of all countries
6) Torch scientific framework for machine learning

Here is the download link of the ISO file.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ldiw5rcwn ... 1.iso/file

Code: Select all

md5sum bionic-dev-puppy-linux-uefi-alpha-0.1.iso
d6f1738cd2754328789ba7fe95f15bab  bionic-dev-puppy-linux-uefi-alpha-0.1.iso
Updates

1) Fix of vim issue
2) Has Torch scientific framework for machine learning
3) qmake now runs as qmake-qt5
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old: (doesn't have torch)
http://bionic-dev.web1337.net/bionic-de ... -alpha.iso

# md5sum bionic-dev-puppy-linux-uefi-alpha.iso
6396978e2653a4307a271ea2e001471b  bionic-dev-puppy-linux-uefi-alpha.iso
Known Issues:

1) qmake of qt 5.2 C++ application framework doesn't work (apparently its lost)

2) vim is named as vim.basic so a user who wants to use vim will have type vim.basic instead of vim

---------------------------------------------------

I am coming after a long hiatus from puppy linux community and have forgotten many things. :( So I would be grateful if any developers could test drive it and give me more suggestions on improving it.

This is not focused on making the smallest operating system but a puppy linux centered around for developers' use.
Last edited by mr-kumar-abhishek on Thu 03 Oct 2019, 14:37, edited 4 times in total.

mr-kumar-abhishek

Discovered some issues with QT and vim packages

#2 Post by mr-kumar-abhishek »

So... I have discovered some issues with QT and vim packages. vim is saved as vim.basic in bin directory and qmake is no where to be found.

Alpha version 0.1 will uploaded soon with vim fixed and extra package of torch scientific computing framework for machine learning.

mr-kumar-abhishek

Included Alpha version 0.1

#3 Post by mr-kumar-abhishek »

Have included another download link of newer version of bionic dev ( Alpha 0.1 )

OscarTalks

#4 Post by OscarTalks »

Are you using the Ubuntu Bionic packages of Qt5?
If so, they split things up and for qmake you will need the package named qt5-qmake
There is a package named qt5-qmake-bin as well. I think both are needed. Look for the real qmake executable and make sure it is in PATH via symlink or wrapper script.
Oscar in England

rockedge

#5 Post by rockedge »

I will test it out and put the OS through some hoops. I need to train some weights for Darknet-YOLO and some other machine learning python programs.
I will add PERL, PYTHON 2 and 3 plus a LHMP server (Hiawatha,mariaDB,PHP7.3+) and
Node.js for some of the work I need to do

mr-kumar-abhishek

#6 Post by mr-kumar-abhishek »

OscarTalks wrote:Are you using the Ubuntu Bionic packages of Qt5?
If so, they split things up and for qmake you will need the package named qt5-qmake
There is a package named qt5-qmake-bin as well. I think both are needed. Look for the real qmake executable and make sure it is in PATH via symlink or wrapper script.
In the updated version qmake runs as qmake-qt5.
rockedge wrote:I will test it out and put the OS through some hoops. I need to train some weights for Darknet-YOLO and some other machine learning python programs.
I will add PERL, PYTHON 2 and 3 plus a LHMP server (Hiawatha,mariaDB,PHP7.3+) and
Node.js for some of the work I need to do
I would also venture in pytorch (the new torch machine learning ) setup if you need it and also LHMP.

ally

#7 Post by ally »

I've been unable to download from either links

:)

mr-kumar-abhishek

Solution.

#8 Post by mr-kumar-abhishek »

ally wrote:I've been unable to download from either links

:)
Please clarify and elaborate what errors you are getting during the download, the download links are direct links to ISO file, since these are big files you might want to

# wget http://bionic-dev.web1337.net/bionic-dev-puppy-linux-uefi-alpha-0.1.iso
In your linux system or simply use a browser for windows system. Right click on the link and click on "save as option on your windows system.

wiak

#9 Post by wiak »

Download links working ok here, but takes a good number of seconds before download address resolved and download begins. But download seems to proceed fine after that.

EDIT: I didn't wait for download to complete. From later reports seems there are timeout/delay issues - not surprising considering early delay. I guess wget -c would eventually get it, but there is a 'trick' on Linux I once used in Philippines to get round such timeout issues - alas I've searched/googled for that method since (it worked on huge noisy delay or poor bandwidth hotel wifi connection but alas I cannot remember how I did it - some /proc network variable I expect - certainly some tcp/ip related config anyway.

wiak
Last edited by wiak on Thu 03 Oct 2019, 10:50, edited 2 times in total.

mavrothal

#10 Post by mavrothal »

Over here, browser download "finishes" after 9.6MB to an unusable image while both wget and curl fail with 403/Forbidden
== [url=http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]Here is how to solve your[/url] [url=https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html]Linux problems fast[/url] ==

mr-kumar-abhishek

#11 Post by mr-kumar-abhishek »

mavrothal wrote:Over here, browser download "finishes" after 9.6MB to an unusable image while both wget and curl fail with 403/Forbidden
Okay uploading in mirrors. Do you know any good file sharing websites for large files? preferably free?

mr-kumar-abhishek

New download link from media fire

#12 Post by mr-kumar-abhishek »

Okay so I have updated the downloaded link of the newer version of puppy it works happy testing and developing ~