Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 30 Aug 2015, 06:03
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Printers
Brother Drivers for Linux Distributions
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
labbe5

PostPosted: Fri 14 Aug 2015, 12:54    Post subject:  Brother Drivers for Linux Distributions
Subject description: Brother_Maker of affordable and high quality printers

http://support.brother.com/g/s/id/linux/en/index.html?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj5910dw_all&redirect=on

Brother, as well as HP, are marketing printing solutions for Linux users. It is worth having a look at their website before making any printer purchase.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj5910dw_all&faqid=faq00002850_000

Google Cloud Print™ is a service provided by Google that allows you to print to a printer registered to your Google account using a network-compatible device, such as a mobile phone or computer, without installing the printer driver on the device.

Via Google Chrome browser, for example.

I never had success printing or scanning with Puppy, because of a lack of drivers. But having the right combination of hardware and drivers should help.

Printer drivers download here (deb) :
http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=gb&lang=en&prod=dcp115c_eu_as&os=128
rcrsn51

PostPosted: Fri 14 Aug 2015, 15:43    Post subject: Re: Brother Drivers for Linux Distributions
Subject description: Brother_Maker of affordable and high quality printers

labbe5 wrote:
I never had success printing or scanning with Puppy, because of a lack of drivers.

?????????????

Did you bother to read How to Install your Printer in Puppy? It links you to a section devoted to Brother printers (since 2009).

It has detailed instructions for installing a DCP-115C. The essential steps are:

1. Download the DEBs for the MFC-210C.
2. Install the csh-6.16.0.pet
3. Install debbi
4. Run it
p310don

PostPosted: Fri 14 Aug 2015, 17:35    Post subject:  

Quote:
I never had success printing or scanning with Puppy, because of a lack of drivers.

That's really unlucky. i had a lot of trouble at first with printing in Puppy, and Linux in general, simply because I didn't know what I'm doing. However, now I realise how easy it is, and furthermore, I had to do an install on a windows machine recently, so much bloat and crap makes it take forever vs a Puppy printer install done in minutes and uses a few MB of space.
rcrsn51

PostPosted: Fri 14 Aug 2015, 18:06    Post subject:  

p310don wrote:
That's really unlucky.

No it's not. I just stated that there is a driver and installation method for the DCP-115C.

If someone has problems installing a printer in Ubuntu, where should they look for help? In an Arch forum?

If someone has trouble installing a printer in Puppy, where is the sensible place to look? Through random googling on the Internet?
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Printers
Jump to: