Ashley Madison data breach

For discussions about security.
rokytnji

#31 Post by rokytnji »

Meh, relationships vary from couple to couple as I spend my time on earth.

If both enter the relationship on being true.
Then being untrue by one in the relationship is being tool.
It gives the other the right to chastise short of physical violence.

If they are swingers. Who cares? I don't. Just don't sidle up to my relationship and try to drag us into your druthers.

Sucks that other people think that they have the ticket to proper moral behavior. Folks have been known to die over that.

Hope no one was given a dirt nap or their lives ruined over the data breach.
No matter what uptight/closed minded, homophobic old fart thinks about that.

The creeps are the ones who breached the site. Not the members participating.
None of my business on
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions ... 175551926/

Ted Dog

#32 Post by Ted Dog »

wow a chief of the local fusion ( regional law enforcement co-op) killed himself over this data breach less than 10 miles from my Ranch. Did not know about it until today
Small place most likey bump into him sometime over the decade or so since moving here.
:shock:

nubc

#33 Post by nubc »

Would it surprise anybody here to learn that most of the female profiles were fake profiles? Fantasy playground for married men.

bark_bark_bark

#34 Post by bark_bark_bark »

nubc wrote:Would it surprise anybody here to learn that most of the female profiles were fake profiles? Fantasy playground for married men.
See, I don't really believe that this is the case.

solo

#35 Post by solo »

Here's an insightful article about the Ashley Madison fembots:

http://gizmodo.com/how-ashley-madison-h ... 1728410265

So yeah. It was a scam.

James186282

#36 Post by James186282 »

Just my two cents worth.

My friends. If you've never been cheated on you probably can't understand how awful it can be. Think curled up on the floor totally loosing it level pain or calling the suicide hotline level messed up. Oh and don't forget the waiting to get the results of your stds (VD/AIDs HIV) tests. Thats a real laugh riot. So I'm suggesting that anger at the people who created Ashley Madison and the users of this system is probably not very well understood by people without this problem. Like Cancer - To my worst enemy I hope this doesn't happen to you.

The suggestion that the politics of one group being the prime users of cheating sites is... really quite sad. I really don't see any reason to redirect the issue to the sickening world of politics. *Personally I think left and right are equally against the best interests of the average joe or jane. I think the numbers of married people who want to streamline their ability to fuck random people with the new enhanced world of technology is the issue. What does it some down to? Is this just Hackers fucking with people to amuse themselves? Sadly most of us have government agencies (left and right) that seem to have made this into an art. Is this someone who was cheated on turn on the light and watch the cockroaches run? I for one say GOOD!

I was going to end this with "Brought to you by the makers of Antidepressants" but thats not really true or a joke.

If anyone finds their significant other on the Ashley Madison list I hope you will check out http://www.dearpeggy.com/index.html
and http://beyondaffairsnetwork.com/ and no matter how much it sucks PLEASE don't hurt yourself or anyone else because no one is worth it.
Science is what we understand well enough to explain to a computer.
Art is everything else we do.
[i]Donald Knuth [/i]