WISH File Rusher 2015 file manager

Filemanagers, partitioning tools, etc.
pa_mcclamrock

WISH File Rusher 2015 file manager

#1 Post by pa_mcclamrock »

WISH File Rusher 2015 is a light, fast two-column file manager.

It requires Tcl and Tk 8.5 or greater. (I write code in Tcl for some of the same reasons I speak English: I learned how to do it a long time ago; it works; and I haven't found anything better that would be easy to learn.) For best results, download and install ActiveTcl 8.6.4 Community Edition (http://www.activestate.com/activetcl/downloads), then add your ActiveTcl /bin directory to your PATH and also s-link the "tclsh" and "wish" executables to /usr/bin.

Features, in addition to the basic two-column file management ones, include browser-like navigation buttons (Bookmarks, Home, Back, Forth, Go); easy-to-use listing of file associations with programs for opening and editing files; assortment of built-in or custom color schemes; listing of selected files in default text editor; quick backup of files in listed directories that have been added or modified since last backup date; directory size calculation, and more.

I think I checked it out fairly thoroughly for bugs, but suggestions for bugfixes (if any) or improvements are welcome.

David McClamrock
Attachments
wishrush-2015.pet.tar.gz
(46.59 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
Last edited by pa_mcclamrock on Sat 11 Jul 2015, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.
It's stupid to use inferior software for ideological reasons.
--Linus Torvalds

Keisha

problem with WISH File Rusher 2015 file manager

#2 Post by Keisha »

Installed from the pet: no workee:

Code: Select all

root# ./wishrush
Error in startup script: can't read "::cutlines": no such variable
    while executing
"set figlines "# WISH File Rusher configuration file (rushfig.tcl) \n\nset ask $::ask \nset show $::show \nset dir(left) \"$::dir(left)\" \nset dir(rig..."
    (procedure "savefig" line 4)
    invoked from within
"savefig"
    (procedure "read_dir" line 69)
    invoked from within
"read_dir left"
    (file "./wishrush" line 2689)
libtcl and libtk are both version 8.6.
“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.â€￾ --Bruce Lee

pa_mcclamrock

#3 Post by pa_mcclamrock »

Oops, looks like a worthless variable needed to be cut out of the script. (Don't know why it hasn't shown up on my computer.) I cut it out; try the revised .PET that's now attached above and see if you have any more problems.
--Linus Torvalds

Keisha

WISH File Rusher 2015 file manager testing --2

#4 Post by Keisha »

Works now. Looks nice. Not going to have much time to play with it for a week or two though. But, still, thanks for updating it :)
“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.â€￾ --Bruce Lee

pa_mcclamrock

#5 Post by pa_mcclamrock »

You're welcome! Let me know if you think it needs any improvements after you've used it for a little while.
--Linus Torvalds