Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 28 Jun 2017, 12:02
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Announcements
woof-CE needs you
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 63 of 66 [985 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 Next
Author Message
mavrothal


Joined: 24 Aug 2009
Posts: 2856

PostPosted: Thu 25 May 2017, 04:18    Post subject:  

Lassar wrote:

Now the tahr64-6.0.5 live cd, running the ./3builddistro script, almost gets to the end, before it hits a critical error.

Code:
Cannot open '../woof-output-xenialpup64-7.0.8.4-uefi/xenialpup64-7.0.8.4-uefi.iso'


https://paste.ee/p/LyQFx


It would appear that you do not have grubx64.efi in your sandbox3/rootfs-complete (hint-> "Can't find Grub2" in the output - did you includ it?)
As a result support/uefi_cd.sh fails to build the ISO image and then there is nothing to burn.
3builddistro may need a test that uefi_cd.sh exited without errors before proceeding further, though.
You may want to raise an issue in woof-CE about it.

_________________
Kids all over the world go around with an XO laptop. They deserve one puppy (or many) too Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
01micko


Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Posts: 8651
Location: qld

PostPosted: Thu 25 May 2017, 06:48    Post subject:  

mavrothal wrote:
Lassar wrote:

Now the tahr64-6.0.5 live cd, running the ./3builddistro script, almost gets to the end, before it hits a critical error.

Code:
Cannot open '../woof-output-xenialpup64-7.0.8.4-uefi/xenialpup64-7.0.8.4-uefi.iso'


https://paste.ee/p/LyQFx


It would appear that you do not have grubx64.efi in your sandbox3/rootfs-complete (hint-> "Can't find Grub2" in the output - did you includ it?)
As a result support/uefi_cd.sh fails to build the ISO image and then there is nothing to burn.
3builddistro may need a test that uefi_cd.sh exited without errors before proceeding further, though.
You may want to raise an issue in woof-CE about it.


I'm pretty sure we've killed this one stone cold dead.. 23ec192, efd0a66, 2ed6bf1.. Laughing

_________________
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
mavrothal


Joined: 24 Aug 2009
Posts: 2856

PostPosted: Thu 25 May 2017, 12:07    Post subject:  

01micko wrote:

I'm pretty sure we've killed this one stone cold dead
Laughing


At the end woof-CE will be so foolproof, even <name in your mind> will be able to build a puppy Laughing
The downside is that no one will be releasing any puppy then... Surprised
Very Happy

_________________
Kids all over the world go around with an XO laptop. They deserve one puppy (or many) too Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
belham2

Joined: 15 Aug 2016
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Thu 25 May 2017, 12:56    Post subject:  

mavrothal wrote:
01micko wrote:

I'm pretty sure we've killed this one stone cold dead
Laughing


At the end woof-CE will be so foolproof, even <name in your mind> will be able to build a puppy Laughing
The downside is that no one will be releasing any puppy then... Surprised
Very Happy



Cant you guys leave a few things broken and messed up on purpose in woof, to deter the fly-by-night build attempters? It ain't no fun when there's nothing to fix going through easy 3 or 4 steps and suddenly a fully working ISO/OS is staring ya in the face. When there's nothing to fix, when no reason to try & flex some grey matter, it's like the magic is gone and one's feeling of participating in that 'puppy-mysterious-building' magic or experience is eqaully gone... God I hate progress sometimes Laughing Oh well, guess not. Heading up to ask my android-robot in the kitchen what I'm eating tonight and what time I'm being tucked in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Sailor Enceladus

Joined: 22 Feb 2016
Posts: 1164

PostPosted: Thu 25 May 2017, 13:49    Post subject:  

belham2 wrote:
Cant you guys leave a few things broken and messed up on purpose in woof, to deter the fly-by-night build attempters? It ain't no fun when there's nothing to fix going through easy 3 or 4 steps and suddenly a fully working ISO/OS is staring ya in the face. When there's nothing to fix, when no reason to try & flex some grey matter, it's like the magic is gone and one's feeling of participating in that 'puppy-mysterious-building' magic or experience is eqaully gone... God I hate progress sometimes Laughing Oh well, guess not. Heading up to ask my android-robot in the kitchen what I'm eating tonight and what time I'm being tucked in.

Your post reminds me of this thread Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
belham2

Joined: 15 Aug 2016
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Mon 29 May 2017, 13:31    Post subject:  

Today I just did a build of dpup-stretch 700a1 to see if anything has changed with it, and man-o-man, was surprised, because it is just "dead in the water". Not one thing has changed since I last did a dpup-stretch release ~2-3 months ago. I guess it has been abandoned by Tuuxxx, and no one else picked it up.

Maybe it's for the best, as things were going quite quickly before, and ended up driving Musher and a few others away to do their own thing. Still, I thought some work would have been done on it since then, but nothing has been touched (though I believe Musher and his French compatriots group continued onward). But for the woof-CE build as it now stands, even the /usr/bin EXEC---SYN nightmare is just as it was before.

Oh well, maybe some day when stretch from Debian itself comes online as the "stable" version, then this dpup-stretch version can be picked back up by someone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Robert123

Joined: 20 May 2016
Posts: 293
Location: Pacific

PostPosted: Mon 29 May 2017, 14:32    Post subject:  

belham2 wrote:
Today I just did a build of dpup-stretch 700a1 to see if anything has changed with it, and man-o-man, was surprised, because it is just "dead in the water". Not one thing has changed since I last did a dpup-stretch release ~2-3 months ago. I guess it has been abandoned by Tuuxxx, and no one else picked it up.

Maybe it's for the best, as things were going quite quickly before, and ended up driving Musher and a few others away to do their own thing. Still, I thought some work would have been done on it since then, but nothing has been touched (though I believe Musher and his French compatriots group continued onward). But for the woof-CE build as it now stands, even the /usr/bin EXEC---SYN nightmare is just as it was before.

Oh well, maybe some day when stretch from Debian itself comes online as the "stable" version, then this dpup-stretch version can be picked back up by someone.



Billtoo did a nice version here: http://smokey01.com/Bill2/stretch-7.0.0a1.iso

_________________
Runs Stardust 013, AnitaOS 431 version - AnitaOS for retro hardware based on 4.31 but heavily updated:http://sourceforge.net/projects/anitaos/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Sailor Enceladus

Joined: 22 Feb 2016
Posts: 1164

PostPosted: Mon 29 May 2017, 16:01    Post subject:  

Robert123 wrote:
belham2 wrote:
Today I just did a build of dpup-stretch 700a1 to see if anything has changed with it, and man-o-man, was surprised, because it is just "dead in the water". Not one thing has changed since I last did a dpup-stretch release ~2-3 months ago. I guess it has been abandoned by Tuuxxx, and no one else picked it up.

Maybe it's for the best, as things were going quite quickly before, and ended up driving Musher and a few others away to do their own thing. Still, I thought some work would have been done on it since then, but nothing has been touched (though I believe Musher and his French compatriots group continued onward). But for the woof-CE build as it now stands, even the /usr/bin EXEC---SYN nightmare is just as it was before.

Oh well, maybe some day when stretch from Debian itself comes online as the "stable" version, then this dpup-stretch version can be picked back up by someone.



Billtoo did a nice version here: http://smokey01.com/Bill2/stretch-7.0.0a1.iso

And belham2 did one here http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=110012 ... Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Moat


Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 679
Location: Mid-mitten, USA

PostPosted: Mon 29 May 2017, 16:49    Post subject:  

Yeah, seemed the dpup-stretch development was really going gangbusters, and suddenly *poof*... crickets. A real shame! A great deal of potential there, towards a next (hopefully?) official Pup release.

I soo very wish I had the chops/time/energy, as I'd be geeked to pick it up and run with it... Sad

Puppy needs it, Puppy deserves it!

Bob
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
belham2

Joined: 15 Aug 2016
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Mon 29 May 2017, 17:15    Post subject:  

Sailor Enceladus wrote:

And belham2 did one here http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=110012 ... Smile



...Haha, Sailor Enceladus! I cannot and could not do any of that stuff without ttuuxxx, musher, you, phil, micko, jilst, peebee....and all the other gurus here on murga. As Bono sang long ago on The Fly: "...Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief. All kill their inspiration and sing about the grief...." Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
musher0


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 10339
Location: Gatineau (Qc), Canada

PostPosted: Mon 29 May 2017, 21:30    Post subject:  

There you go, belham2: Laughing
Quote:
"C'en est fait, je n'en puis plus, je me meurs, je suis mort,
je suis enterré."
Transl. : "The deed is done, I can't stand it anymore, I am dying, I am dead,
I am buried."

(Molière, excerpt from L'Avare [The Miser],
monologue "Au voleur !" ["I've been robbed!"])

_________________
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
« Un insensé sur le trône n'est qu'un singe sur le haut d'un toit. » / "A madman
on the throne is just a monkey on top of a roof." (Bernard de Clervaux)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Sailor Enceladus

Joined: 22 Feb 2016
Posts: 1164

PostPosted: Tue 30 May 2017, 22:35    Post subject:  

I tried a new Slacko 32-bit build in woof-CE today, and was very happy to see that clicking on rar files now works and extracts them AND right-clicking on things lets me open them with gnome-mplayer! Sweeeeet. Best version ever. 01micko rocks! Very Happy
Last edited by Sailor Enceladus on Sun 04 Jun 2017, 20:41; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
musher0


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 10339
Location: Gatineau (Qc), Canada

PostPosted: Wed 31 May 2017, 00:59    Post subject:  

Moat wrote:
Yeah, seemed the dpup-stretch development was really going gangbusters, and suddenly *poof*... crickets. A real shame! A great deal of potential there, towards a next (hopefully?) official Pup release.

I soo very wish I had the chops/time/energy, as I'd be geeked to pick it up and run with it... Sad

Puppy needs it, Puppy deserves it!

Bob

Hi Moat and all.

Some prefer to work in the shadows to avoid controversy.
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=109904

It's labeled as "French" but it's actually a bilingual French-English version.
If the LANG variable for your system is en_??, everything will show up in
English.

There are three iso's available of it, with each its own kernel.

I thank Billtoo who allowed me to use some of his DPup builds and augras
for setting up the pydio repository.

One reason for working in the shadows is that I wish to offer alternative
WM's, aewm for ex., in Puppy.

Another reason is that the Woof-CE, whatever the "Puppy breed", is
mostly offering the "same old, same old" choice of apps, which IMO are
not always the best suited for an international environment.

Improving the Woof-CE only improves the Woof-CE, meaning: the making
of one and only one type of Puppy, whereas Puppy is capable of and
should be encouraging all sorts of explorations.

Not just making a better straight-jacket, which IMO is what's happening
with the Woof-CE process. Or making a better robot, since the Woof-CE
can be viewed as a robot, come to think of it. A helpful robot, no doubt,
but still a robot. And a human can only go so far with a robot.

Nobody at the Woof-CE level seems to have paid any attention to
josejp2424's pupjibaro's Jessie abandoning the PPM, and to reports that
the PPM is not working as expected when the Puppy is running as a
French system.

Enough said. Remastering still has its virtues -- and pkgs.org!

BFN.

_________________
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
« Un insensé sur le trône n'est qu'un singe sur le haut d'un toit. » / "A madman
on the throne is just a monkey on top of a roof." (Bernard de Clervaux)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Billtoo


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 3121
Location: Ontario Canada

PostPosted: Wed 31 May 2017, 01:42    Post subject:  

Sailor Enceladus wrote:
I tried a new Slacko 32-bit build in woof-CE today,


I did a 32bit 6.9.9.5 build on Sunday, added a bunch of stuff from PPM + a few pets and slackbuilds, then did a remaster that weighs in at 796 mb Smile

This one is working pretty well too.
Screenshot.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   66.22 KB
 Viewed   152 Time(s)

Screenshot.jpg

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Lassar

Joined: 08 Jul 2014
Posts: 135

PostPosted: Wed 31 May 2017, 11:49    Post subject: failed to load ldlinux.c32  

Someone's been busy fixing woof-ce.

Now in xenialpup, woof-ce goes all the way to the end & creates a iso.

On the first burned cd, it boots up good.

On a remaster of this cd, I get error "failed to load ldlinux.c32"

Looks like a problem with remasterpup2.

Is there any other remaster scripts, that will remaster the cd?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 63 of 66 [985 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Announcements
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0809s ][ Queries: 14 (0.0121s) ][ GZIP on ]