woof-CE needs you

News, happenings
mavrothal

#931 Post by mavrothal »

Lassar wrote: Now the tahr64-6.0.5 live cd, running the ./3builddistro script, almost gets to the end, before it hits a critical error.

Code: Select all

Cannot open '../woof-output-xenialpup64-7.0.8.4-uefi/xenialpup64-7.0.8.4-uefi.iso'
https://paste.ee/p/LyQFx
It would appear that you do not have grubx64.efi in your sandbox3/rootfs-complete (hint-> "Can't find Grub2" in the output - did you includ it?)
As a result support/uefi_cd.sh fails to build the ISO image and then there is nothing to burn.
3builddistro may need a test that uefi_cd.sh exited without errors before proceeding further, though.
You may want to raise an issue in woof-CE about it.
== [url=http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]Here is how to solve your[/url] [url=https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html]Linux problems fast[/url] ==

01micko

#932 Post by 01micko »

mavrothal wrote:
Lassar wrote: Now the tahr64-6.0.5 live cd, running the ./3builddistro script, almost gets to the end, before it hits a critical error.

Code: Select all

Cannot open '../woof-output-xenialpup64-7.0.8.4-uefi/xenialpup64-7.0.8.4-uefi.iso'
https://paste.ee/p/LyQFx
It would appear that you do not have grubx64.efi in your sandbox3/rootfs-complete (hint-> "Can't find Grub2" in the output - did you includ it?)
As a result support/uefi_cd.sh fails to build the ISO image and then there is nothing to burn.
3builddistro may need a test that uefi_cd.sh exited without errors before proceeding further, though.
You may want to raise an issue in woof-CE about it.
I'm pretty sure we've killed this one stone cold dead.. 23ec192, efd0a66, 2ed6bf1.. :lol:
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

mavrothal

#933 Post by mavrothal »

01micko wrote: I'm pretty sure we've killed this one stone cold dead
:lol:
At the end woof-CE will be so foolproof, even <name in your mind> will be able to build a puppy :lol:
The downside is that no one will be releasing any puppy then... :o
:D
== [url=http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]Here is how to solve your[/url] [url=https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html]Linux problems fast[/url] ==

belham2

#934 Post by belham2 »

mavrothal wrote:
01micko wrote: I'm pretty sure we've killed this one stone cold dead
:lol:
At the end woof-CE will be so foolproof, even <name in your mind> will be able to build a puppy :lol:
The downside is that no one will be releasing any puppy then... :o
:D

Cant you guys leave a few things broken and messed up on purpose in woof, to deter the fly-by-night build attempters? It ain't no fun when there's nothing to fix going through easy 3 or 4 steps and suddenly a fully working ISO/OS is staring ya in the face. When there's nothing to fix, when no reason to try & flex some grey matter, it's like the magic is gone and one's feeling of participating in that 'puppy-mysterious-building' magic or experience is eqaully gone... God I hate progress sometimes :lol: Oh well, guess not. Heading up to ask my android-robot in the Out house what I'm eating tonight and what time I'm being tucked in.

Sailor Enceladus

#935 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

belham2 wrote:Cant you guys leave a few things broken and messed up on purpose in woof, to deter the fly-by-night build attempters? It ain't no fun when there's nothing to fix going through easy 3 or 4 steps and suddenly a fully working ISO/OS is staring ya in the face. When there's nothing to fix, when no reason to try & flex some grey matter, it's like the magic is gone and one's feeling of participating in that 'puppy-mysterious-building' magic or experience is eqaully gone... God I hate progress sometimes :lol: Oh well, guess not. Heading up to ask my android-robot in the Out house what I'm eating tonight and what time I'm being tucked in.
Your post reminds me of this thread :lol:

belham2

#936 Post by belham2 »

Today I just did a build of dpup-stretch 700a1 to see if anything has changed with it, and man-o-man, was surprised, because it is just "dead in the water". Not one thing has changed since I last did a dpup-stretch release ~2-3 months ago. I guess it has been abandoned by Tuuxxx, and no one else picked it up.

Maybe it's for the best, as things were going quite quickly before, and ended up driving Musher and a few others away to do their own thing. Still, I thought some work would have been done on it since then, but nothing has been touched (though I believe Musher and his French compatriots group continued onward). But for the woof-CE build as it now stands, even the /usr/bin EXEC---SYN nightmare is just as it was before.

Oh well, maybe some day when stretch from Debian itself comes online as the "stable" version, then this dpup-stretch version can be picked back up by someone.

Robert123

#937 Post by Robert123 »

belham2 wrote:Today I just did a build of dpup-stretch 700a1 to see if anything has changed with it, and man-o-man, was surprised, because it is just "dead in the water". Not one thing has changed since I last did a dpup-stretch release ~2-3 months ago. I guess it has been abandoned by Tuuxxx, and no one else picked it up.

Maybe it's for the best, as things were going quite quickly before, and ended up driving Musher and a few others away to do their own thing. Still, I thought some work would have been done on it since then, but nothing has been touched (though I believe Musher and his French compatriots group continued onward). But for the woof-CE build as it now stands, even the /usr/bin EXEC---SYN nightmare is just as it was before.

Oh well, maybe some day when stretch from Debian itself comes online as the "stable" version, then this dpup-stretch version can be picked back up by someone.

Billtoo did a nice version here: http://smokey01.com/Bill2/stretch-7.0.0a1.iso
Devuan Linux, Stardust 013 (4.31) updated [url]https://archive.org/details/Stardustpup013glibc2.10[/url]
s57(2018)barebone[url]https://sourceforge.net/projects/puppy-linux-minimal-builds/files/s57%282018%29barebones.iso/download[/url]

Sailor Enceladus

#938 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

Robert123 wrote:
belham2 wrote:Today I just did a build of dpup-stretch 700a1 to see if anything has changed with it, and man-o-man, was surprised, because it is just "dead in the water". Not one thing has changed since I last did a dpup-stretch release ~2-3 months ago. I guess it has been abandoned by Tuuxxx, and no one else picked it up.

Billtoo did a nice version here: http://smokey01.com/Bill2/stretch-7.0.0a1.iso
And belham2 did one here http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=110012 ... :)

Moat

#939 Post by Moat »

Yeah, seemed the dpup-stretch development was really going gangbusters, and suddenly *poof*... crickets. A real shame! A great deal of potential there, towards a next (hopefully?) official Pup release.

I soo very wish I had the chops/time/energy, as I'd be geeked to pick it up and run with it... :(

Puppy needs it, Puppy deserves it!

Bob

belham2

#940 Post by belham2 »

Sailor Enceladus wrote: And belham2 did one here http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=110012 ... :)

...Haha, Sailor Enceladus! I cannot and could not do any of that stuff without ttuuxxx, musher, you, phil, micko, jilst, peebee....and all the other gurus here on murga. As Bono sang long ago on The Fly: "...Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief. All kill their inspiration and sing about the grief...." :wink:

musher0

#941 Post by musher0 »

There you go, belham2: :lol:
"C'en est fait, je n'en puis plus, je me meurs, je suis mort,
je suis enterré."
Transl. : "The deed is done, I can't stand it anymore, I am dying, I am dead,
I am buried."

(Molière, excerpt from L'Avare [The Miser],
monologue "Au voleur !" ["I've been robbed!"])
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

Sailor Enceladus

#942 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

I tried a new Slacko 32-bit build in woof-CE today, and was very happy to see that clicking on rar files now works and extracts them AND right-clicking on things lets me open them with gnome-mplayer! Sweeeeet. Best version ever. 01micko rocks! :D
Last edited by Sailor Enceladus on Mon 05 Jun 2017, 00:41, edited 2 times in total.

musher0

#943 Post by musher0 »

Moat wrote:Yeah, seemed the dpup-stretch development was really going gangbusters, and suddenly *poof*... crickets. A real shame! A great deal of potential there, towards a next (hopefully?) official Pup release.

I soo very wish I had the chops/time/energy, as I'd be geeked to pick it up and run with it... :(

Puppy needs it, Puppy deserves it!

Bob
Hi Moat and all.

Some prefer to work in the shadows to avoid controversy.
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=109904

It's labeled as "French" but it's actually a bilingual French-English version.
If the LANG variable for your system is en_??, everything will show up in
English.

There are three iso's available of it, with each its own kernel.

I thank Billtoo who allowed me to use some of his DPup builds and augras
for setting up the pydio repository.

One reason for working in the shadows is that I wish to offer alternative
WM's, aewm for ex., in Puppy.

Another reason is that the Woof-CE, whatever the "Puppy breed", is
mostly offering the "same old, same old" choice of apps, which IMO are
not always the best suited for an international environment.

Improving the Woof-CE only improves the Woof-CE, meaning: the making
of one and only one type of Puppy, whereas Puppy is capable of and
should be encouraging all sorts of explorations.

Not just making a better straight-jacket, which IMO is what's happening
with the Woof-CE process. Or making a better robot, since the Woof-CE
can be viewed as a robot, come to think of it. A helpful robot, no doubt,
but still a robot. And a human can only go so far with a robot.

Nobody at the Woof-CE level seems to have paid any attention to
josejp2424's pupjibaro's Jessie abandoning the PPM, and to reports that
the PPM is not working as expected when the Puppy is running as a
French system.

Enough said. Remastering still has its virtues -- and pkgs.org!

BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

Billtoo

#944 Post by Billtoo »

Sailor Enceladus wrote:I tried a new Slacko 32-bit build in woof-CE today,
I did a 32bit 6.9.9.5 build on Sunday, added a bunch of stuff from PPM + a few pets and slackbuilds, then did a remaster that weighs in at 796 mb :)

This one is working pretty well too.
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
(66.22 KiB) Downloaded 278 times

Lassar

failed to load ldlinux.c32

#945 Post by Lassar »

Someone's been busy fixing woof-ce.

Now in xenialpup, woof-ce goes all the way to the end & creates a iso.

On the first burned cd, it boots up good.

On a remaster of this cd, I get error "failed to load ldlinux.c32"

Looks like a problem with remasterpup2.

Is there any other remaster scripts, that will remaster the cd?

Sailor Enceladus

Re: failed to load ldlinux.c32

#946 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

Lassar wrote:Is there any other remaster scripts, that will remaster the cd?
musher0 mentioned a program called Remasterx here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 034#948034

shinobar says: "Intend to replace the remasterpup2, Puppy Live CD Remastering tool."

Billtoo

woof-CE needs you

#947 Post by Billtoo »

There's been a lot of activity in woof-CE since my last build so I did a
new one this afternoon.

# inxi -b
System: Host: puppypc364 Kernel: 4.1.39-pae i686 (32 bit) Desktop: JWM 2.3.2 Distro: Slacko Puppy 6.9.9.5
Machine: Device: laptop System: Apple product: Macmini6 1 v: 1.0 serial:
Mobo: Apple model: Mac-031AEE4D24BFF0B1 v: Macmini6 1 serial:
BIOS: Apple v: MM61.88Z.0106.B03.1211161202 date: 11/16/2012
CPU: Dual core Intel Core i5-3210M (-HT-MCP-) speed/max: 1200/2501 MHz
Graphics: Card: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller
Display Server: X.org 1.18.3 driver: intel tty size: 140x41 Advanced Data: N/A for root
Network: Card-1: Broadcom Limited NetXtreme BCM57766 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe driver: tg3
Card-2: Broadcom Limited BCM4331 802.11a/b/g/n driver: bcma-pci-bridge
Drives: HDD Total Size: 1500.3GB (4.1% used)
Info: Processes: 132 Uptime: 1:46 Memory: 195.9/16112.0MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.3.8
#

I bought an adapter for my Macmini that is mini display port to vga so
with the help of lxrandr it supports 2 monitors, (a 32" tv and a 23"
lcd).

It's working well so far.

EDIT: I made a pet of Gtkhash if anyone wants it.
Attachments
gtkhash-1.1-i686.pet
(101.27 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Screenshot.jpg
(57.47 KiB) Downloaded 888 times

Sailor Enceladus

#948 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

I built another Slackware 14.2 32-bit and 64-bit iso today with woof-CE too, the fixes were too good to pass up ;)

Lassar

Need info on how to add custom pet to woof-ce

#949 Post by Lassar »

I just spent quite a bit of time, working on DISTRO_PKGS_SPECS-ubuntu-xenial.

I just read in _00build.conf file, that you can do a through dependency check.

Maybe I didn't have to do all that work!

My question is how to do get woof-ce to use kodi 17.3 pet?

This kodi pet is on my harddrive. Does it have to be on a website?

Found PKGS_HOMEPAGES in the woof-out_x86_x86_ubuntu_xenial folder.

But almost no info on this file.

Can I add a local file url to this file?

How do I get woof-ce to add the kodi pet to the packages?

peebee

Re: Need info on how to add custom pet to woof-ce

#950 Post by peebee »

Lassar wrote:How do I get woof-ce to add the kodi pet to the packages?
Hi
You need to:
1. put the kodi.pet into /local-repositories/x86/packages-pet
2. add a line for the petspec somewhere - you can either add it to an existing repo list such as Packages-puppy-slacko14.2-official or you can have your own list but then you will also need to edit DISTRO_PET_REPOS to make it aware of the new list. (in both cases if you don't have a web repo then you will get some errors in ./0setup)
3. add kodi to your DISTRO_PKGS_SPECS-***

If you want to see examples (from LxPupSc) - http://smokey01.com/peebee/slackocurrent/

Cheers
peebee

p.s. locations will change if you are 64-bit or not slackware based.....
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64