Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 30 Jul 2014, 09:37
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Cutting edge » Multi-session live-CD/DVD
Gujin bootloader and multisession Puppy?
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Sun 03 Jul 2005, 22:31    Post subject:  Gujin bootloader and multisession Puppy?  

I was reading the Gujin FAQ and saw this (about three quarters of the way down the page):
Quote:
<snip>....
* There is no autoselection of the El-torito image to boot as decribed in the specs, all sessions are treated the same (not just the last data session), and the boot address of said no-emulation is always 0x7C00 - max 2048 bytes loaded there.
* The emulated floppy/hard drive is BIOS and EBIOS with configurable bytes per sector as long as it is multiple of 512.
Note that more generally Gujin does not link a device to a way of booting, so you can use a hard disk or a partition to dump byte per byte the content of a CDROM, and boot from it. You also can have a standard hard disk image on your CDROM (with partitions) and boot from it - that is booting from the first sector treated as a MBR.
Note that Gujin correctly treat FAT partitions with 2048 bytes per sectors independantly of the number of sector per cluster.
Have a look at the target CDall (multisession) and CDallEmul in file Makefile for a test CDROM and for more comments.

# How do I boot from CDROM with a simulated floppy containing Gujin?

You should have the cdrecord and mkisofs packages installed for this task.
The version I have are: "cdrecord --version" is "Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a19" and "mkisofs -v" is "mkisofs 2.01a17".
It works without problem on my system, I have an ATAPI CDROM and detected the CD rewriter by:
cdrecord -scanbus dev=ATAPI # (and so no "hdc=cdrom" kernel command line parameter)....
<snip>
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Cutting edge » Multi-session live-CD/DVD
Jump to: