JWMDesk-2.5

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
radky

Re: JWMDesk subroutines not available to users of other WMs

#61 Post by radky »

rek769 wrote:The first thing I do with a new version of Puppy is to install Fluxbox and Tint2 panel in favor of JWM... I am curious if anyone knows how to access the sub applications (background, gtk theme, icon theme, icon layout, icon manager, mouse cursor, screen font) directly.
Hi rek769,

In older Pups the JWM configuration options were available as individual apps in the /usr/local/jwmconfig2 directory.

For example, you could extract the jwmconfig2 directory (and contents) from the legacy Precise Puppy.

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 861#715861
[color=blue][b][url=http://www.smokey01.com/radky/PupMates.html]PupMates[/url][/b][/color]

rek769

#62 Post by rek769 »

radky wrote:
rek769 wrote:The first thing I do with a new version of Puppy is to install Fluxbox and Tint2 panel in favor of JWM... I am curious if anyone knows how to access the sub applications (background, gtk theme, icon theme, icon layout, icon manager, mouse cursor, screen font) directly.
Hi rek769,
In older Pups the JWM configuration options were available as individual apps in the /usr/local/jwmconfig2 directory.
For example, you could extract the jwmconfig2 directory (and contents) from the legacy Precise Puppy.
Thanks for the quick reply Radky,
I'm looking inside that directory and not seeing any thing that allows one to call up the background, gtk theme, icon theme, icon layout, icon manager, mouse cursor, or screen font applications directly.

There is, in that directory, jwmConfigMgr which will run and does have subroutines for GTK Theme, and Desktop Background, but none of the others seem to be accessible.

What I'd really like to know is how to launch each of the applications (that I posted about originally) from a terminal.

For example, from a terminal one can call up:

GTK Theme setter with: gtk_chtheme_wrapper
Desktop icon switcher with: icon_switcher

but I've had no luck finding the others...

radky

#63 Post by radky »

rek769 wrote:... I'm not seeing any thing that allows one to call up the background, gtk theme, icon theme, icon layout, icon manager, mouse cursor, or screen font applications directly..
Hi rek769,

The Desktop tab of PupControl provides easy access to those applications, plus much more.

If PupControl is not included in your current Puppy, you can find it at the following link:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 157#467157

---

If you prefer terminal-based commands in standard JWM-based Pups, try the following:

GTK theme: gtk_chtheme_wrapper
Icon theme: icon_switcher
Icon layout: /usr/local/desksetup/desksetup.sh (not available in all Pups)
Icon manager: "eventmanager desktop"
Background: wallpaper (or wallpaper2 in some Pups)
Cursor: pcur
Screen font: set-xftdpi
[color=blue][b][url=http://www.smokey01.com/radky/PupMates.html]PupMates[/url][/b][/color]

rek769

#64 Post by rek769 »

radky wrote: If you prefer terminal-based commands in standard JWM-based Pups, try the following:

GTK theme: gtk_chtheme_wrapper
Icon theme: icon_switcher
Icon layout: /usr/local/desksetup/desksetup.sh (not available in all Pups)
Icon manager: "eventmanager desktop"
Background: wallpaper (or wallpaper2 in some Pups)
Cursor: pcur
Screen font: set-xftdpi

Excellent. Thanks radky for those terminal commands...very handy to have in the fluxbox menu.

kuman11

Adding a 2nd Monitor in Slacko 5.7.2 CE

#65 Post by kuman11 »

It seems there's no a particular APP for that in this Slacko ...

mikeslr

Re: Adding a 2nd Monitor in Slacko 5.7.2 CE

#66 Post by mikeslr »

kuman11 wrote:It seems there's no a particular APP for that in this Slacko ...
Hi kuman11,

Remember that Slacko 5.7.2CE was packaged with Windows refugees in mind [use of terminal not expected] and to reduce the clutter of listings on the Start-Menu. All the configurations radky mentioned are available from the JWMDesk GUI: Menu>Desktop>JWMDesk Manager.

If using a different Window Manager, all the terminal commands mentioned will bring up GUIs for changing settings, except "wallpaper2" as this Puppy uses the "wallpaper" alternative.

kuman11

radky

#67 Post by kuman11 »

radky do u know how can u add a 2nd monitor in Slacko 5.7.2 CE?

radky

#68 Post by radky »

JWMDesk-2.5
- Optionally display numerical coordinates of the selected desktop window. Go to Window tab -> Move and Resize options -> Coordinates (thanks tallboy)
- Adjust svg format of JWM button icons for compatibility with librsvg >= 2.44 in recent Pups (thanks 01micko)

- JWM_themes_update-2.1
- Critical Update: Adjust compatibility with recent changes in Woof-CE -- do not use symlinked /tmp directory during pet installation (thanks gyrog and wdlkmpx)

L18L

JWMDesk

#69 Post by L18L »

While translating Barry's EasyPup stumbled upon following

File not found

The site configured at this address does not contain the requested file.

If this is your site, make sure that the filename case matches the URL.
For root URLs (like http://example.com/) you must provide an index.html file.

Read the full documentation for more information about using GitHub Pages.
GitHub Status — @githubstatus
launched from Help of jwmdesk 2.4 in EasyOS.
Hope this helps to keep your highly appreciated software in top quality.

Regards
Lutz

lvds

wishlist

#70 Post by lvds »

Hi Roger and everyone,

I wrote a wishlist in another thread (the wishlist for next puppy release thread) when I finally
understood it would be best to write it in the right thread instead. So I wrote a second
wishlist with all my thoughts inside, olds and new ones :-) I hope you can take care of it as I have always
been an enthousiast of JWMdesk and puppy_setup. I also noted something about puppy_setup,
though I don't know if you are the author. All of these ideas could make for a lighter menu, in
case someone is willing to hide the dupes, as it may be frightening for newbies to see all
of these tools in a heavy menu. That's something i have often been told by newbies.
Many thank for your hard work ! :-)

*** *** *** JWMdesk *** *** ***

JWMdesk -> Background -> I would like to set the background to one color and nothing else.

JWMdesk -> Menu -> it would be great to have some fields where the user could select the colors
for the menu ! ...and "apply" button Smile

jwmdesk -> screen saver -> I would like to set the screen saver password there in the SSC windows
the lock button, at top right of the screen, asks (twice for confirmation) for a password at first run
and then lock the screen, but it seems to me it would be best if it could launch the screen saver and
then ask the user a password when you try to use the desktop again - just like any other Linux Smile

The JWMdesk control panel, and the puppy setup control panels are great, but why do we have
the same tools in the menu bottom left of the screen ? It seems to me that the menu could be lighter
and it is much better to have the tools inside the control panels Smile

JWMdesk -> Tray -> I miss ability to de-activate virtual desktops widgets.

JWMdesk -> Tray -> I miss a tool to select my own colors for cpugraph.

JWMdesk -> Tray -> The LOCKstate tool is missing here, as activating the caps-lock tray
indicator starts a widget in the tray.

JWMdesk -> Menu -> Menu manager: I noticed two problems about Claws_mail and mtPaint,
when trying to add or hide them to the menu, which I had to solve by editing manually their
respective .desktop files.

JWMdesk -> Options -> I think the UrxvtControl could be in here. And there is a problem I will
try to explain now: When I open a terminal with a click on terminal icon in the panel, it is all
good, BUT opening a terminal with the "Urxvt Terminal Emulator" found in Menu -> Utility
open a terminal looking "weird" (not as the first one).

JWMdesk -> Options -> I think the FlashPlayer preferences tool could be in here.

*** *** *** PUPPY SETUP *** *** ***

Puppy_Setup -> Graphics/screen -> I think the pupX (set properties of X) could be in the Xorg Video Wizard too.

Puppy_Setup -> Graphics/screen -> I think the RedshiftGUI could be in the Xorg Video Wizard too.

Puppy_Setup -> Graphics/screen -> I think the Display Settings tool (found in system menu) could be in the Xorg Video Wizard too.

Puppy_Setup, I think it is missing a button where we could group all system information tools
(hardinfo, pup-sysinfo, IPinfo ...)

Puppy_Setup, I think it is also missing a button for pSchedule and one other for
Puppy_Event_Manager, and one other for CPU_Frequency_tool

lvds

wishlist 2

#71 Post by lvds »

I forgot these ones too:

Puppy_Setup -> Internet -> Connection tab : it would be great to have a button so we can edit
/etc/resolv.conf.head and /etc/resolv.conf.tail

and also a button to add openDNS automagically:
add 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222 into /etc/resolv.conf.head
that is something among the firsts things I usually do. :-)

*** IP Info - Network information -> DNS ->
Maybe not related to puppy_setup, but it would be great to have a button in IP_Info
so we can edit /etc/resolv.conf.head and /etc/resolv.conf.tail

Puppy_Setup -> Internet -> Connection tab : It seems to me that the puppy_advert_blocker
is missing in the tools column.

And inside the puppy_advert_blocker, please add StevenBlack Hosts file found here which
I found to replace all others so far but your mileage may vary

https://www.google.com/url?client=inter ... in2fIK0CzE

Many thanks,
Laurent