Simple Screen Recorder for Dpup 3.5.2.11

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
Smithy

Simple Screen Recorder for Dpup 3.5.2.11

#1 Post by Smithy »

It was quite tricky to get this functioning for older Pups around Wheezy, Precise and that era but it seems to produce ok.
I couldn't find one, so I had to make one!

Experimental at the moment, to see if it does all the formats, and there are a lot of different video formats in it.

http://www.smokey01.com/Smithy/
Attachments
Screen Recorder.jpg
(98.41 KiB) Downloaded 328 times

april

#2 Post by april »

I had a go at this as it will be handy for me.

All installed and seemed to work well on Puppy Precise 5.7.1

Until I came to the recording . The preview seemed to operate fine all the time and i tried MKV and MP4 but in both cases the file seemed to get the first frame and then freeze . Heres a couple of screenshots at that time
Attachments
SSR problem2.png
(220.83 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
SSR problem.png
(222.74 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
SSR problem.jpg
(102.45 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
SSR problem2.jpg
(134.77 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
Last edited by april on Thu 14 Jul 2016, 01:29, edited 1 time in total.

Smithy

#3 Post by Smithy »

7.51? Thought Precise only went up to 5.4 or so.
Best to do a dependencies check April, works good on a standard puppy debian wheezy.
Maybe Precise needs a few more libs added or possibly it is out of the goldilocks zone for this pet.

april

#4 Post by april »

Transposition error 5.7 1
So what is that goldilocks thing supposed to mean?

It does not show in the PPM so how do I do a dependency check?

I see you have made a pet package but didn't give the download address for that so I had to go to what seems to be your repository to d/l it .http://www.smokey01.com/Smithy/You should make your links clickable - Just highlight them and hit the URL button

It is on Github https://github.com/MaartenBaert/ssr
He also has a main page http://www.maartenbaert.be/simplescreen ... /#download

I found the dependencies but don't know how to check them ?
If I have to compile it then your pet is not of any use is it.
Build dependencies

If you have a 64-bit system, you have to install some 32-bit libraries as well. These are required to compile the 32-bit SSR-GLInject library (which is needed to record 32-bit OpenGL applications).

You will need the following packages to compile SimpleScreenRecorder: (--My notes)

GCC (>= 4.6) and make
pkg-config
Qt 4 -- Precise is pretty flush with QT4 libs it seems
ffmpeg or libav (libavformat, libavcodec, libavutil, libswscale) -- think this is covered by ffconvert libraries
ALSA library
PulseAudio library (optional, disable with --without-pulseaudio)
JACK library (optional, disable with --without-jack)
libGL (32 and 64 bit) --not seen in Precise
libGLU (32 and 64 bit) --not seen in Precise
libX11 (32 and 64 bit)--not seen in Precise
libXfixes (32 and 64 bit)--not seen in Precise
libXext--not seen in Precise
libXi--not seen in Precise
Smithy wrote:It was quite tricky to get this functioning for older Pups around Wheezy, Precise and that era but it seems to produce ok.
I couldn't find one, so I had to make one!
Were you kidding when you said this? Can I get your help to make it work in Precise then now ?

Smithy

#5 Post by Smithy »

I will have a look at Precise 5.7.1 (non retro?) and get back to you.

Ok April,
I used a fresh standard Precise 5.7.1, with built in Mplayer 1.0.8
used the multiple sound card wizard to correctly pick up my usb sound card.
Installed the SSR pet.
Recorded an MKV video with OGG Vorbis 128 sound. OK
Recorded an MP4 video with OGG Vorbis 128 sound. OK

I suggest you load your Precise with pfix=ram no save files loading, then try it.
Also make sure your sound card is correct or untick sound in SSR.
I noticed that when default sound was selected the app complained about audio sample rate mismatch. That is on an external sound card though.

If you are happy to use the Simple Screen Recorder with MKV or MP4 format it should work.

If you want to dig deep into other formats, then it looks like
libx264.so.132 libopus.so.0 libfdk-aac.so.0 libaacplus.so.2 libcrystalhd.so.3
libx264.so.132 libopus.so.0 libfdk-aac.so.0 libaacplus.so.2 libcrystalhd.so.3
will be needed. Possibly more to cover those gazzillion video formats within the app.

april

#6 Post by april »

Alright Thanks Smithy I will do as you suggest but I didn't get any audio messages so I assume that should be right .I'll try the pfix=ram and also OGG Vorbis 128 sound and see what I get. Same MPlayer as mine.

Damn I started fresh with pfix=ram and installed the pet but the result was the same . It shows FPS in at 30 or so and FPS out at zero . As soon as I hit save button it freezes exactly the same as I was getting before .Played with the sound card but I think it has this right. Its something in the streaming of data into the file . Its not recording it at all . Hitting save has nothing to save . Preview shows what I am doing perfectly.

That's a shame because I don't have the time to track it down and it is a well written ,user friendly program and I particularly like the tool notes that pop up. Its user friendly and if you can get it to run I recommend it as better than those I have seen so far .

I think I will try getting the source and compiling it myself when time permits and see if I get it going that way . The appetite is whetted.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention
I also notice Precise has one built in called "Pavrecord" which I tried but the picture looked a little grainy . It has a box beside X11 which does not display properly but crossing the box records direct from the screen. Didn't know it could handle the screen .

Pelo

Bookmarked, Just spectator.

#7 Post by Pelo »

Bookmarked, Just spectator.
Test With pupjibaro wheezy. activate capture in retrovol to record audio !

Smithy

#8 Post by Smithy »

Glad it works in Pupjibaro Pelo.
It was your "resurrection of old topics" that caught my attention to this nifty little app. :wink:
I'm not too bothered about doing tutorials or whatnot, but it is a very quick way of capturing insane ramblings and ogg vorbis is quite an impressive codec to my ears.

Pelo

:evil: old topic are still newer than Puppy wikis!

#9 Post by Pelo »

:evil: old topic are still newer than Puppy wikis!

Pelo

Puli Puppy, just released july 2016 (tahrpup 6.0.5)

#10 Post by Pelo »

Simple-Screen-Recorder-Dpup-3.5.2.11.pet: 11 M
Works better than you could imagine, even in Puli Puppy, just released july 2016 (tahrpup 6.0.5)
I will use SSR for a video about European Puppies in Montpellier France (forum about free software)
Attachments
puli240.png
Puli, highly secured Puppy.
(8.49 KiB) Downloaded 215 times

Pelo

April, sometimes gnome-mplayer is guilty, not SSR.

#11 Post by Pelo »

April, sometimes gnome-mplayer is guilty, not SSR. try to read your video with another media player or with a different version of Gnome-mplayer.
I had this trouble too. And i failed to find the correct settings in Gnome-MP. But the video was Working In youtube.

Pelo

I c I can han help you about SSR , but explainig in french.

#12 Post by Pelo »

April, i was very glad you paid us a visit on our french froum. I can help you about SSR , but explainig in french. Jump There and ask your questions. In French of course, or just try. If not possible, I will use my English, not so easy.