tahrpup 6.0 & 6.0.2 CE

Please post any bugs you have found
superchook

tahrpup 6.0 & 6.0.2 CE

#1 Post by superchook »

While investigating the mom macros for groff I found that although the package description for the groff_1.22.2-5 package in the Puppy Package Manager said:

[ubuntu-trusty-main](ALREADY INSTALLED) GNU troff text formatting system

it was not in fact installed. It was possible to install it by selecting the package and clicking "Do it!". If you try this after the package has been installed you get a warning dialog.
There was a similar error with perl_5.18.2 and perl-modules_5.18.2

I do not know if this is a problem with the tahr 6.0.3 distribution or the PPM or the Woof CE build system. I have found similar errors in the slacko64 6.3.0 distribution although the package names are of course different due to the different package breakdowns in Debian and Slackware.

DJ Puppio

Weirdness with Spot and Pale Moon 25.8.0(X86)

#2 Post by DJ Puppio »

Tahrpup 6.0.2 - running off flash drive, savefile on hard drive

Okay, so I installed the most recent version of Pale Moon.

This behavior pertains to the mouse....
If I click on the Desktop "Browse" icon, I get Pale Moon 25.8.0, using the aero mouse cursor theme. This is the correct version of the browser and the correct cursor theme..

Now, I have the run-as-spot script on my desktop. This runs Pale Moon for Spot if I drop the Browse icon on it. See attached pic.

It does indeed run Pale Moon. And it runs the correct version (25.8.0). But then Pale Moon ends up using the ORIGINAL cursor theme. This is incorrect. It should be using the Aero cursors.

This behavior pertains to Spot...
Not sure if the browser update messed up Spot. I can download and upload root directory files to OneDrive. These are files not in Spot's home folder. Should I be able to do that? I'm pretty sure I couldn't do this with the previous version of Pale Moon.

Note that I ticked "Run internet apps as spot" in Quick Setup. I also use the run-as-spot script.
Attachments
capture26999.png
(57.69 KiB) Downloaded 292 times

bigpup

#3 Post by bigpup »

Try setting up Spot by:
menu->System->Login and Security Manager
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

DJ Puppio

#4 Post by DJ Puppio »

Yeah, I've done that previously. Pale Moon has the check mark next to it to run apps as spot. But I can go right to OneDrive (from Hotmail) and download a document to Root.

I had actually stopped using the run-as-spot script. I only started trying to use it again when I started to suspect that spot had gained elevated privileges somehow..

OscarTalks

Re: Weirdness with Spot and Pale Moon 25.8.0(X86)

#5 Post by OscarTalks »

DJ Puppio wrote:[But then Pale Moon ends up using the ORIGINAL cursor theme. This is incorrect. It should be using the Aero cursors.
If you are running the browser as spot then the HOME directory will have been changed from /root to /root/spot

The cursor theme images need to be found in your HOME directory in a sub-directory named .icons (has a dot so is hidden)

If you want the themed cursor to appear in the browser the best way is to symlink the .icons directory from /root into /root/spot and then restart X
Oscar in England

DJ Puppio

#6 Post by DJ Puppio »

Okay. That fixed the cursor issue. Thank you very much.

I must apologize to the OP. I don't know how my report got into this small thread. I was sure I put it in the larger bug report thread...