Photoscape under Wine

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
Mike Walsh

#16 Post by Mike Walsh »

Mike...!!
mikeslr wrote:Your question jogged me out of complacency. I knew that if an attachment has a download button, clicking it would download the attachment. I also know that I could take a snapshot of a graphic and edit it into a usable icon. I also knew that on other Webpages, graphics could be clicked and downloaded. I don't know if I ever realized that right-clicking a graphic attachment on the Forum produced a drop-down menu with a Save Image Option. :oops:
How many years have you been using these things? That's the way I've been amassing my large collection of icons off the web for ages... :D

Mike. :wink:

Pelo

Just to inform PhotoFiltre runs under Wine

#17 Post by Pelo »

I will test Photoscape nextweek. Just to inform PhotoFiltre runs under Wine (for Linuxians having trash Windows, or broken it)
Editing holidays pictures under Wine is not the best..
Photoscape does not download, i shall see to-morrow and feedback.
"Après tout, pourquoi pas ??? - version 3.4
"Photoscape" fonctionne bien & il est simple.
Ceci dit, il ne peut pas être comparé à XnView ou mieux (à mon avis) à FastStone Image Viewer ou autres pro
." told me a friend of mine. from Clubic. he succeeds in dowloading version 3.7 FR id est French.. Faststone was my choice until now, can be used with wine too. Managing pictire undr wine with Faststone is acceptable.
Puppy Linux is better than Windows in graphics, in my opinion.
Here we go !

photoscape_3-7_fr_41582.exe: 21 M
Version 3.7 (2014.09.11)
* Added 'Black & White' and 'Bandicoot' filters (Editor > Home)
* Added a 'Smart Blur' brush (Editor > Tools > Effect Brush)
* Brush sizes increase from 3 to 4 and become bigger.
* Added 29 more film effects so totally 35 film effects now. (Editor > Home)
* Improved the 'Film Effect' UI
"something wrong happened !" Ah :evil: they speak in english about google drive.. :?:
Last edited by Pelo on Wed 09 Mar 2016, 12:08, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

i turn around) with the pet provided by Mikeslr.

#18 Post by Pelo »

Je change mon fusil d'épaule, i change my rifle of shoulder ( i turn around) with the pet provided by Mikeslr.
I must translate the topic because things don't go...
On a sunday morning, i will certainly miss the mass.
damned, it crashes ! Wouldn't it be because my window is 'seven' ? I don't think so.
Remember, Faststone does it. But i would have like to see Photoscape running. I will try it with Windows Seven after the Sunday mass.
Attachments
faststone.jpg
Wine opens Faststone
(60.74 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Last edited by Pelo on Fri 22 Apr 2016, 19:15, edited 3 times in total.

Pelo

link my puppy to the Installed Photoscape

#19 Post by Pelo »

Photoscape launched under my Windows 'Seven' satisfy me a lot, at first try. A lot of new stuff in this brave Photoscape. Merci .
Under Winne : i shall try now to link my puppy to the Installed Photoscape.
je suis optimiste.
music2go.iso: 219 M Puppy ISO in my jukebox this Sunday afternoon (Wine in the Menu ) failed to launch my version of Photoscape.

Mike Walsh

#20 Post by Mike Walsh »

How are you actually trying to do this in Puppy, Pelo? Which version of WINE are you using?

I only ask because all my Pups are currently running version2013's Wine 1.7.51 at the moment.....and all my PhotoScapes are working perfectly.

The only fly in the ointment is that in some of my Pups, you can't change text colour if you're adding text to a photo. It stays stubbornly on green...

But in ETP's 'Chromebook' Pup, and X-Slacko 2.3.2, it will change text colour. In fact, in those two everything works.....even better than it does under Windows (and it was written for Windows!)

As long as you set up wine correctly, by running 'winecfg' in /usr/sbin (not /usr/bin), then PhotoScape should install with just a click. (At least, it does for me.....)

Don't try and do it with 'Winetricks'; you'll fail miserably. I know; I've tried it..! Doesn't seem to work that way, unfortunately.

I have no idea how this works with Portable-WINE. I think the other Mike will know more about that than I would; I believe he uses Portable-WINE, judging by his first post on page 1.

BTW, my signature was done entirely in PhotoScape (after I'd installed the TrSahDungeon TTfont into .wine/drive_c/Windows/Fonts, and done a re-boot to get it to show up...)

PhotoScape should come up looking like the shot below.

Mike. :wink:
Attachments
PhotoScape in Slacko 570.png
PhotoScape in full-screen mode, Slacko 570, running under WINE 1.7.51
(104.74 KiB) Downloaded 194 times

Pelo

i was trying a Puppy special music (Music2go)

#21 Post by Pelo »

Dear mike Walsh, in fact i was trying a Puppy special music (Music2go) and as Wine was included i browsed the forum..
I will try with a different Puppy and with a different WINE.
Nevertheles Photoscape please me a lot, really. It runs in my windows Seven very well. I keep it.

Currently in fact I check out my audio tapes collection.
I will come back with photoscape under Wine

Pelo

Photoscape on my desktop with Legopen

#22 Post by Pelo »

Photoscape on my desktop with Legopen, the hungarian Puppy and wine version 1.3.13 Lucid
Editor is powerful. I must practice
Wine and Photoscape marry together, :)
Try Tintii !
Attachments
rouge.jpg
Young soccer players, 17 years old, still have pink legs
(67.11 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Last edited by Pelo on Sun 18 Sep 2016, 19:22, edited 3 times in total.

Mike Walsh

#23 Post by Mike Walsh »

Pelo wrote:Photoscape on my desktop with Legopen, the hungarian Puppy and wine version 1.3.13 Lucid
Editor is powerful. I must practice
Wine and Photoscape marry together, :)
Nice one! Glad you like it.

Mike. :D :wink:

Pelo

Photoscape and Photofiltre for editing

#24 Post by Pelo »

Mike, i have a dozen of nice pictures to work with. These pictures are published in my village (town) news paper by a very talentuous photograph. It's a kind of Carnival (Corso exactly).
It's time for Puppy Linux to enter the show...
This message don't request any action of our repair team..
Just we are using our applications, between colleagues, from an artistic point of view and how easy to use
In fact, i take advantage of these pictures to pay a visit at graphics menu of some puppies, now Dpup Exprimo.
fotowall, tintii, photoscape Mtpaint of course, fotoxx, all these ones are laying on my desk.
MyPaint is available in Van Pup, information for our David Hamilton's Team

News :
imgur photo uploader from menu dpup exprimo : failed to load here.. Don't worry. It was the first try..
Never seen that application before.
Attachments
photoScape.jpg
Gui for editing
(72.99 KiB) Downloaded 125 times

Pelo

hungarian Puppy 5.7.1 : garbled colors

#25 Post by Pelo »

Wine to be updated in Hungarian Puppy 5.7.1 because of garbled colors topic