Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 11:16
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
Need a Screen Recorder for Slacko 64 (SOLVED)
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
pp4mnklinux

PostPosted: Wed 09 Dec 2015, 06:57    Post subject:  Need a Screen Recorder for Slacko 64 (SOLVED)  

Hello everybody
Till now I was using puPPy Tahr linux 6.0.2 and as a screen recorder Simple Screen Recorder.

Now I changed to a Slacko Puppie derivative (achrome light 64) and I need a screen recorder.

I search with PPM, but I cant find anyone....

Can you help me with any suggestion, please??

THANKS A LOT
(Ill change now my signature...thanky)

https://pp4mnkpuppyblog.wordpress.com/

(feel free to contribute)

Last edited by pp4mnklinux on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 05:27; edited 1 time in total
mikeslr

PostPosted: Wed 09 Dec 2015, 23:48    Post subject: Additional Apps for Slacko 64  

Hi pp4mnklinux,

For what its worth, and to advise other viewing this post, my experience has been that any application built fro Slacko64, FatDog64-6xx, LightHouse64 and JustLight House has a good chance of working in any others on that list. All are woofed Pups using Slacko binaries.

There also seems to be a fair degree of compatibility between them and applications built for Quirky/April64 --which woofed T2 Built Kit created binaries-- and FatDog64-70x which woofed Linux-from-Scratch created binaries.

I try to keep track of Multimedia Applications. A real problem is the lack of a central location which serves as the repo (or repos) for the various applications, e.g. ibiblio. Consequently, the threads of any relevant Pup has to be searched, links to applications found and bookmarked.

The following is the link to FatDog700 repo on which you'll find xvidcap. http://distro.ibiblio.org/fatdog/packages/700/. There's an earlier version here: http://distro.ibiblio.org/fatdog/pets/600/. Xvidcap is the ony 64-bit screen recorder I'm aware of.

I believe these have the same failing as the 32-bit xvidcap: they records the desktop, but not sound. The work-around was to also run a sound recorder. Sorry, I don't know of a 64-bit one off-hand. mhWaveEdit has been recommended for 32-bit systems.

An alternative may be to load Slacko64's 32-bit compatibility SFS, and then run Simple Screen Recorder. This is where my knowledge of Linux structure breaks down.

Simple Screen Recorder depends on QT which would have to be the 32-bit version of QT. It is my understanding that some people have run into difficulty running applications which require Python because --while both 32 & 64 bit python libraries can be installed-- the 64 bit operating system would attempt to use the 64-bit libraries. IIRC, some kind of wrapper including an Export command had to be used-- whatever that means. In grammar school we were taught to sing entire songs in languages we didn't understand. So consider my last comment as such recitation by someone whose memory isn't as good as it was in grammar school.

And, of course, I don't know whether the QT applications have a similar problem.

Edit: More info on the 32bit library problem under 64bit OSes, see here and post following it: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=876597#876597

One way to find out is to experiment after backing up your SaveFile/Folder &/or running in Pupmode 13.

I'd be interested in learning the results of that experiment.

mikesLr

Last edited by mikeslr on Sun 13 Dec 2015, 12:21; edited 1 time in total
pp4mnklinux

PostPosted: Sun 13 Dec 2015, 04:49    Post subject: THANKS
Subject description: TESTED AND WORKING

Thanks a lot for your help.

It really works....

CU

https://pp4mnkpuppyblog.wordpress.com/

(feel free to contribute)
smokey01

PostPosted: Sun 13 Dec 2015, 05:39    Post subject:  

This might be worth a try. It works with ffmpeg.
http://www.smokey01.com/software/Fatdog64-600/recorder-fd64-1.0.pet

Pelo

PostPosted: Sun 27 Dec 2015, 06:22    Post subject: Not sound with Xvidcap ? surprising
Subject description: Capture settings in retrovol.

Not sound with Xvidcap ? surprising
I cannot open fatdog pet, surprising too. I'm on Virtual Machine trying a Puppy from Hungarian Puppy producers, and i would have liked to screencat their job. I hold xvidcap 1.1.7 from Puppyrus on my hard drive.
I already made a video with Slacko64 with xvidcap and i comment it in french in you tube. No need to use a special version.

Pelo

PostPosted: Sun 20 Aug 2017, 06:26    Post subject: Added info about pet available  

Added info about pet available for 64 bits Puppies in Xvidcap topic.
all my xvidcap record audio, you just need to set retrovol capture.
Idem for 64 bits. tested this morning audio is working.
I am surprised however that mikeslr had failed .. strange..

mikeslr

PostPosted: Sun 20 Aug 2017, 19:11    Post subject: Can Xvidcap capture streaming audio?  

Hi Pelo,

I should have clarified. I'm aware of instructions for setting up Xvidcap for capturing sound from a microphone. But, IIRC, the last time I wanted to capture my voice was 60+ years ago when my sister, who had a great singing voice, wanted to 'cut a record' of one of Harry Belafonte's songs. We went to a studio where for a couple of dollars they gave you a record of your efforts. Even then, I only sang backup.

So I've never experimented with Xvidcap's ability to record using a microphone.

On the other hand, from time to time there have been streaming videos whose entire content --video and sound-- I would like to have preserved. Plugins to browsers often work for that purpose. But not always. On those occasions, I'd like to be able to use Xvidcap to also capture streaming audio. But I don't know how to set that up.

mikesLr
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
Jump to: