Simple Screen Recorder is a Multimedia App

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
mikeslr

Simple Screen Recorder is a Multimedia App

#1 Post by mikeslr »

Hi All,

This is just a post to create a link to the discussion about Simple Screen Recorder. That discussion was started in the Desktop Section, here: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 94c#830635

mikesLr

Pelo

SSR is the best screen recorder

#2 Post by Pelo »

SSR is the best screen recorder, it's the tool we were waiting for !
Merci for this link et joyeux Noël everybody !
How To Install Simple Screen Recorder in Puppy Linux Tahr 6.0.2 is a You Tube video for english native speaking people. :)
Install is the easier. How to fill the requests needs a two minutes demo.. But my accent is awful, and my English is not pure.
Puppy Linux by pelo... and SSR :!: One minute and seven seconds.
Attachments
screencast.jpg
Succès sur Streched Debian Dogs
(71.46 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
Last edited by Pelo on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 11:18, edited 8 times in total.

rufwoof

#3 Post by rufwoof »

Tahr 6.0.5 32bit pae

Installed SSR from PPM (puppy package manager), which created a MultiMedia entry that works for me.
Attachments
ppm.jpg
(52.28 KiB) Downloaded 792 times
mm.jpg
(59.8 KiB) Downloaded 791 times

rufwoof

#4 Post by rufwoof »

In addition to SSR add

Libre Office - for its Presentation programs animation potential

OpenShot - for video editing

Blender - which adds 3D animated title ability to Openshot

and a Puppy becomes a diverse office tool.

Audacity (audio editor) is also useful as you can take a recorded soundtrack and highlight a quiet part of the soundtrack and use that as a filter, producing a output soundtrack absent of that background noise (perhaps computer background whirring noise). You can also amplify or attenuate the soundtrack so that is sounds clearer/crisper. And then import that into Openshot and combine the video (with the video tracks audio set off), and the tweaked audio track.
Attachments
libre.jpg
(59.17 KiB) Downloaded 795 times
s.jpg
(60.7 KiB) Downloaded 801 times

rufwoof

#5 Post by rufwoof »

SSR supports recording to mp4, combined video and audio

In Tahr 6.0.5 you can install ffmpeg static from PPM. Then if you run a script

#!/bin/sh
ffmpeg -i $1 -vn -acodec libmp3lame -ab 128000 $1.mp3

passing the mp4 filename as a parameter to that it will create a mp3.

Install Audacity and you'll be able to load that mp3 and tweak it as you desire. When the sound is as you like it, save that mp3.

Open Openshot and import the original mp4 recording that you made with SSR and import the mp3 sound track. Drag each down to their own tracks and for the video track set the sound as off. You may have to shift one or the other tracks left or right so that the two are synchronised.

Add in any extra's, scrolling titles perhaps, fading, maybe even 3D animated titles, and then export the video as required (perhaps to Web, youtube format)
Attachments
i.jpg
(21.76 KiB) Downloaded 777 times

rufwoof

#6 Post by rufwoof »

In Libre office Presentation (slide show) you can add a image, object, text, whatever to a slide and then use the Slide Show, Custom Animation to animate that object. In the image below I clicked on the green + to select the Motion Path tab and then select FreeForm Line. You then draw a line of the path you'd like the object to follow and set the speed etc ... and then use SlideShow, Reherse Timings menu option to preview that animation. The default is usually mouse click the slide to activate the animation, but you can set that to other choices such as one follows another ...etc.

Create a SSR of the animation and edit that in OpenShot, adding in effects such as transparent (Chroma Keys), mix with a background image (I just used one of Puppy's desktop backgrounds for this example) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4MbXu ... sp=sharing
Attachments
a.jpg
(64.21 KiB) Downloaded 776 times

Pelo

Some advanced microphone settings

#7 Post by Pelo »

Some advanced microphone settings for recording, here

Pelo

discussion goes on in chapter desktop..

#8 Post by Pelo »

discussion goes on in chapter desktop.. :evil:

norgo

SSR 0.3.6

#9 Post by norgo »

SSR version 0.3.6

Compiled under use of Slacko 6.3.0 and shared Qt 4.8.6 libs
without Pulseaudio and without Jack

Dependencies: +qt
( If you're still searching for a qt4 PET you could get it here )

Package for Slacko 6.3.0
ssr-0.3.6-i686.pet ( 1.176 k , xz compression , md5 = 1c01a5733fd2980752e7dacfb942f338 )

@Pelo
I'm afraid someday you will get a heart-attack.
Last edited by norgo on Fri 12 May 2017, 10:30, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

Sanctus Norgo , you are the providence

#10 Post by Pelo »

Sanctus Norgo , you are the providence. I like people who care to build the bridge to house users.
People having audio capture trouble, Why I can't record audio with SimpleScreenRecorder ?
For most people (users) don't forget to activate capture in retrovol. Puppies are often delivered capture not ticked. Why , i don't know..
If retrovol not listed in menu, type it in terminal. The harder is not here, the harder is to built your screencast. That is a hobby, for computer's owners..
Demo you Tube ici, commented for english speaking people. How To Install Simple Screen Recorder in Puppy Linux Tahr 6.0.2 by English Bob. Bob speaks not fast, foreigners could understand? Unforunately, as usual, he explains how to install, not how to use. Install SSR or another package is always the same process. No need to create videos for each app. But how to use it, that would be useful. Who will be the first one ?
Last edited by Pelo on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 11:12, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

Once SSR simple screen Recorder installed, How-to use it

#11 Post by Pelo »

Once SSR simple screen Recorder installed, How-to use it
I Will drag Topics SSR here, to avoid our video makers to browse the forum here and there
Attachments
ssr.jpg
provide the Two QT libs in USR LIB
(48.1 KiB) Downloaded 481 times
Last edited by Pelo on Wed 07 Sep 2016, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.

norgo

SSR 0.3.6

#12 Post by norgo »

SSR version 0.3.6

Compiled under use of Tahrpup 6.0.5
without pulseaudio and without jack support.

Package for Tahrpup 6.0.5
ssr-0.3.6-i686.pet ( 1.181 k , xz compression , md5 = 5f20ef582743f0f282d0958c7c0f68ea )

Pelo

Why try to use something else ?

#13 Post by Pelo »

Why try to use something else ? Everything works well Puli, Tahrpup 6.0.5 remasterized for security by Hungarian dev gjuhasz
Audio and video are mixed together, no trouble.
Why try to use something else ? Is SSR too easy, so easy that newbies can use it ?
Xvidcap was perfect, but SSR is really usable by non English Speaking people, everywhere in the World.
I am speaking about Puppy Linux, of course. Happy Puppy Users..
Jukebox for you videos : Griffith or Alexandra (from Ubuntu PPM)
TO be able to chose on the scree what is usefull to be recorded makes videos much small in size, and the quality is much better.
Screencat the text on a book or screencast the room where is the book :
What is your need..? :) Fullscreen tools you even don't see the letters.
Xvidcap was perfect, and will be perfect through ages..
pAVrecord was included in most puppies. Not bad, really good quality with x264 encoding, but much more difficult to use than SSR see discussion pAVrecord here

Trouble with FFmpeg, don't look for 14 o' clock at twelve, burn a Precise Puppy, and all things will go well.. You should have one, if you are a long time Puppy user.

mcewanw

Re: Why try to use something else ?

#14 Post by mcewanw »

Pelo wrote:
pAVrecord was included in most puppies. Not bad, really good quality with x264 encoding, but much more difficult to use than SSR
This comment old history. pAVrecord is an old program that was never designed specifically for screencasts - the comparison with SSR is a waste of time.

Pelo is living in the past and imagines SSR is the end of all screencast developments. The new generation screencast app, weX, on the whole provides more functionality than SSR and is just as easy (and probably easier to use). Of course, it relies on modern ffmpeg, not the ancient depreciated versions from the days of Puppy Precise, but of course soon all modern OS will have up-to-date ffmpeg (SSR in fact itself relies on new ffmpeg libs).

Stop talking about pAVrecord, which is several years ancient, and keep up with modern Puppy app development with modern ffmpeg - then you can usefully make comparisons with other screencast software like SSR. Main trouble seems to be that some Puppy 'passengers' haven't a clue how to install up to date ffmpeg! (like alone weX properly) :-) Even with the provided defaults, once installed, weX works out of the box for noobs and non-noobs alike - and start/stop recording with simple tiny gui, and include an embedded webcam image if you wish, and interface the final result directly with many other Puppy(or DebianDog)-provided apps such as ffconvert, mhwaveedit, weav, gnome-mplayer, vlc, video2audio-extract etc...

But main thing is I've fed up hearing these ancient reports. Let me repeat, pAVrecord is an ancient and for the most part depreciated program now that has been superseded with the much more functional and flexible weX (which doesn't depend on Qt libs either):

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107905

Tomorrow, thank goodness, is 14 September, the previously announced and planned date for my long break from Puppy forum activity and development work! I was going to withdraw weX but Fred of DebianDog has recently shown some interest in it, so I'll leave it for now. Truth is, I realise now that I shouldn't have bothered developing weX, weav, or scrox (for public use anyway) cos Monsieur Pelo Puppy Passenger is satisfied to continually compare the ancient pAVrecord with the big Qt-based apps, which apparently fulfill all future needs and demands. Oh well... Bonjour et Au Revoir. Ha det Bra! :-)
github mcewanw

Pelo

PAVrecord is still the default tool for screencast (Slackos)

#15 Post by Pelo »

PAVrecord is still the default tool for screencast on most Puppies. And some of us only wants to use what is in the menu. Slacko downloaders are more than 200.000. How many of them would be able to use something else, even if they register the forum to learn how to do, if ever they speak English ? WE must explain how to use pAVrecord, untill a new too is added in the menU.
Testing new applications please me, that is not to be discussed. But we are very few.
Learn how to use what Puppy Linux provides, was my rule. There a still a lot of apps i don't know how to use. pAVrecord is just understood, because i register my settings.
SSR is a pur 'bonheur' for us, pur bohneur means 'real pleasure'. Pls let us use and re-use it, :)
I tried wex (AV and X11 recorder that can replace Precord, pAVrecord and SSR), but i failed in my first tries, Puli 383 had Too old Mpeg.. But i shall try again, because devs need us to confirm where the application works or does not work. In Puppy Linux of course. I would be stupid between Debian devs, with my poor Linux knowledge. .so i try wex only with Puppy Linux, the OS done for Old computers and poor RAM.
:shock: Please feed back here your opinion about SSR; That is the Place (Mulimedia, better than 'Desktop' section)
Slacko devs, please replace pAVrecord with SSR, which suits perfectly last Slackos serie 6. Merci Norgo !
Last edited by Pelo on Tue 13 Sep 2016, 08:55, edited 8 times in total.

mcewanw

#16 Post by mcewanw »

Ok, fair enough.
github mcewanw

Pelo

Slacko version By Norgo being installed

#17 Post by Pelo »

Slacko version By Norgo being installed in my X-slim Slacko (Mistfire one)
Ein funktionsreicher Bildschirm Rekorder der X11 und OpenGL unterstützt
German ok. Norgo, americanos latinos perhaps would need Spanish (ES) included in the pet, won't they ? :)
French ? They don't screencast anything.. All tutorials are written by hand, sometimes written with a typing machine. In fact french will learn how useful is tutorial screencast, with audio comments.
SSR should get things easier.

[Desktop Entry]

Type=Application
Name=SimpleScreenRecorder
Comment=A feature-rich screen recorder that supports X11 and OpenGL
Comment[de]=Ein funktionsreicher Bildschirm Rekorder der X11 und OpenGL unterstützt
Comment[fr]=Un captureur d'écran complet qui supporte X11 et OpenGL
Icon=simplescreenrecorder.png
Exec=simplescreenrecorder --logfile
Terminal=false
Categories=X-Multimedia-audiovideo

Mcewanw, wex tested successfully with one of my Puppy Slacko 5.3.3. Click the Blue.
Last edited by Pelo on Fri 16 Jun 2017, 14:33, edited 1 time in total.

norgo

SSR 0.3.6

#18 Post by norgo »

SSR version 0.3.6

compiled under use of Slacko 700 Beta and shared Qt 5.6.1 libs.
ssr-0.3.6-qt5-i686.pet

tested in Slacko 700 Beta and LxPup-Sc 17.03.2

Pelo

Merci Norgo.. je vas l'essayer

#19 Post by Pelo »

Merci Norgo.. je vas l'essayer. Being tested soon for a tutorial in French about last Slacko versions

Dorothée

#20 Post by Dorothée »

Salut Pelo,

Simple Screen Recorder c'est top, sauf que je n'ai jamais réussi à enregistrer le son. Tu as une idée?

Merci.

(un peu plus tard) Entretemps j'ai lu plusieurs posts sur le sujet, je vais peut-être m'en sortir

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=106992 et http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=95431

mais merci quand même.