How to use Canon MP287 and 237 in Precise?

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
orangrimbo

How to use Canon MP287 and 237 in Precise?

#1 Post by orangrimbo »

Morning All....

Can sameone help me to find driver canon 287 and 237 for Puppy Precise?

OR

can someone tell me How to Convert that driver? because my school use both that printer.

thankyou for All

starhawk

#2 Post by starhawk »

There is no Canon printer that is named like that. They have a series of printer called Pixma, another that has numbers starting with i (for example, i9900 or i860), and yet another that is a multifunction printer series that has numbers starting with MP (eg MP830), etc. No Canon printer has just numbers. The really old ones were "Bubble Jet" printers (BJ-100, BJ-610, etc).

We need the full model number(s) of the printer(s) in question.

Also, WHICH Precise Puppy, as there are a few...?

Also, I know it doesn't sound all that necessary, but what computer make and model, specifications if you have them, and is it school property or your own system...?

The more detail you give us, the more we can help you.

perdido

Re: How to use Canon MP287 and 237 in Precise?

#3 Post by perdido »

orangrimbo wrote:Morning All....

Can sameone help me to find driver canon 287 and 237 for Puppy Precise?

OR

can someone tell me How to Convert that driver? because my school use both that printer.

thankyou for All
The forum has instructions for installing the MP237 & MP287 printer drivers at this link http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 6081a9e716

The first post tells where to download and how to install the drivers.

orangrimbo

#4 Post by orangrimbo »

Starthawk n perpido: thankyou very much...its very helpful. Yes....its for my school. Thnkyou again

starhawk

#5 Post by starhawk »

I hope you are using a CD or USB install of Puppy... if your computer is owned by your school, a hard drive install is "not cool, dude" at best and could be considered vandalism or some other criminal something, at absolute worst.

DON'T DO THAT.

...and if you did... you should expect, at the very least, a sizable bill from them for what they'll consider repairs to damaged equipment.

Good luck.