Problem re-creating multi-session CD on laptop

Discuss anything specific to using Puppy on a multi-session disk
ashj

Problem re-creating multi-session CD on laptop

#1 Post by ashj »

Hi,
I'm facing problem while using a new blank CD-R as multi-session CD after the old one got full. According to various topics, I just need to remove my old CD and put in a blank new CD-R and then while saving the session, puppy should save everything alongwith the OS on the new CD-R.
This actually happens and puppy suggests to save to this blank CD-R, but somewhere down the process, it asks me to put a blank CD-R and keep the CD tray open and press 'Enter' button to try to close the CD drive. This is ok on desktop, but on my laptop, software initiated closing of CD tray is not possible. Hence puppy fails to find a CD. In case I close the CD tray myself, puppy refuses to detect the CD-R and reboots.
What can I do to have my session on a new CD as my old one is full and I'm now unable to save new sessions :-(

Regards,
Ashley

P.S.-: I don't have access to any desktop with CD-Writer and hence please don't suggest to write a new CD-R on a desktop and then use it with my laptop.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Maybe this will work: (you can use the same iso or download the latest Puppy iso if you haven't already done so). Boot the old CD (the one that is full,) burn a multisession CD using burniso2cd, then shut down with the new CD in the drive.
Last edited by Flash on Thu 17 Aug 2006, 14:35, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69321][color=blue]Puppy Help 101 - an interactive tutorial for Lupu 5.25[/color][/url]

raffy

Good way out

#3 Post by raffy »

Nice idea, Flash - that laptop CD problem has been discussed here and future versions will hopefully provide a way out (that is, in addition to your suggested solution).
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

ashj

Flash

#4 Post by ashj »

Thanks Flash, I'll try this today and will let you know if this works.

Regards,
Ashley

[quote="Flash"]Maybe this will work: (you can use the same iso or download the latest Puppy iso if you haven't already done so) burn a multisession CD using burniso2cd. Boot the old CD (the one that is full,) switch it with the CD you just burned and shut down.[/quote]