TCP or Bluetooth Keyboard on android for VirtualBox on PC

Virtual machines, emulation, etc.
s243a

TCP or Bluetooth Keyboard on android for VirtualBox on PC

#1 Post by s243a »

I would like to be able to use my android phone as a wireless mouse & keyboard for VirtualBox. I tried the android ap "Mouse Kit", windows 8 as the host OS & Fatdog64 as the gues os. Virtualbox was able to capture the mouse but not the keyboard. I'm not sure if there is a linux driver I can install or a change to the virtual box configuration that I can make in order to get this to work.

What I'd like to know is if anyone here has succeeded i getting their phone to work as a wireless keyboard in VirtualBox (Either via bluetooth or TCP). If so, What was your host OS, Guest OS, what android ap did you use, and what tricks to configure virtualBox did you use?

s243a

#2 Post by s243a »

I'm trying AIORemote
http://www.aioremote.net/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... noneremote

inside a virtualbox:
GuestOs: fatdog64-701
HostOS: windows8.1

I'm not able to use the keyboard or see the mouse cursor move. However, indirect effects suggest that the mouse is moving but the movement isn't captured by the virtual machine.

Strangely though, I'm able to do multi-touch zoom and scrolling with the virtual mouse pad.

In the nohup.out file, I see the following errors but do not know if they are critical or more like warnings:

Code: Select all

com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Use JsonReader.setLenient(true) to accept malformed JSON at line 1 column 25 path $
	at com.google.gson.Gson.assertFullConsumption(Gson.java:786)
	at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:776)
	at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:724)
	at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:696)
	at com.networkutilities.util.NetworkManager.handleRecievedObjectMessage(NetworkManager.java:109)
	at com.allinoneremote.threadhandlers.BluetoothPcListener.startListening(BluetoothPcListener.java:85)
	at com.allinoneremote.threadhandlers.BluetoothPcListener.run(BluetoothPcListener.java:48)
Caused by: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Use JsonReader.setLenient(true) to accept malformed JSON at line 1 column 25 path $
	at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.syntaxError(JsonReader.java:1573)
	at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.checkLenient(JsonReader.java:1423)
	at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.doPeek(JsonReader.java:546)
	at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.peek(JsonReader.java:429)
	at com.google.gson.Gson.assertFullConsumption(Gson.java:782)
I am running the latest version of java.

s243a

#3 Post by s243a »

I decided to try the windows ap instead. Once I unlocked the pro version of AIORemote, I was able to use the keyboard both inside and outside of the virtual machine. However, I have yet to get it to work if it is purely running in the virtual machine.