Quirky werewolf

Please post any bugs you have found
Moji

Quirky werewolf

#1 Post by Moji »

Hi all,
I have installed fbxkb 0.4 autostart. In Tahrpup I could use it without any problem to switch between different languages but in Quirky I can not. It seems that it doesn't work in Quirky Werewolf. No flag appears in the tray despite all what I try. Does anybody have any idea what I can do? Thanks!

don570

#2 Post by don570 »

Which version of werewolf, 32 bit or 64 bit.
fbxkb needs to be compiled for correct number of bits :lol:

Jamesbond was able to compile a package for fatdog 64 bit
http://distro.ibiblio.org/fatdog/packag ... 6_64-1.txz

but I don't know if it will run in werewolf. Probably not.:cry:
Note that fatdog doesn't use pet packages.

bigpup

#3 Post by bigpup »

You can try running fbxkb from the terminal and see if it gives any info about what is wrong.

However, know this:
What Quirky is not
Unlike Puppy, Quirky is not intended for "everybody". I don't bother too much with putting out beta releases for extensive testing, for example. I may or may not be bothered to put in lots of kernel drivers and applications. I'm not really aiming to please anyone except myself -- or rather, it will be nice if many people like Quirky, but given that it is the plaything for me to try ideas, it cannot be expected to cater for everyone
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

Moji

#4 Post by Moji »

Thanks for your reply friends. don571, I'm using werewolf 64 bit. In the past I used Tahrpuppy pae and then I had no problem with it. May be it works only with 32 bit I don't know. But it was a PET package that I had installed.

Moji

#5 Post by Moji »

bigpup, I find Quirky very beautiful and solid and will stay using it. I will be regretful if I can not use fbxkb on it because I'm using different languages frequently and need to switch between them very often.

Moji

#6 Post by Moji »

don571, thank you for your help. I installed it via the link that you gave and it succeeded. Now I can do what I want. :D