Skype Not registering with menu on 2.02 with UltraICEWM

Please post any bugs you have found
ecomoney

Skype Not registering with menu on 2.02 with UltraICEWM

#1 Post by ecomoney »

Hi all, Ive bitten the bullet and gone with 2.02. Just installed Skype (my pet hate) and it hasnt appeared on the menus. It is usually under "internet" but hasnt appeared. Worked fine under 1.09CE. Have restarted X and rebooted. Am running MU's excellent IceWM and ROX 2.4.1 if that is any different.

WORKAROUND:-

Drag usr/local/bin/skpe to the desktop to start from there to create an icon. While your there drag gtkfind and turma to the desktop cos theyre missing from the UltraICEWM menus too. Icons for the shortcusts can be found in usr/local/lib/X11/pixmaps. Right click your new shortcut and select "Set Icon..". Drag the icon file onto the window.
Puppy Linux's [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=296352#296352]Mission[/url]

Sorry, my server is down atm!

MU

#2 Post by MU »

Skype might not add an entry to the dotpups-meu, if it was not built with my Dotpupwizard.

The entry in "internet" would be created by a file
/usr/share/applications/skype.desktop

Most old dotpups don't have such a file, for Puppy 109 it might have been created manually.

You could create it yourself:

Code: Select all

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Skype
Icon=/usr/share/icons/skype.xpm
Comment=Skype
Exec=skype
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=Network;Telephony
GenericName=skype
You also will need a "skype.xpm" in /usr/share/icons

Mark

ecomoney

#3 Post by ecomoney »

Sorry, forgot to mention that I loaded this with PupGet, which is what made me curious. Have just done some more testing and loaded The Gimp with pupget. An entry appeared under "Graphics" (with no icon) but it started mtPaint! I restarted icewm(ultra) and the icon appeared but it still started mtPaint!

Has anyone else tested pupget under 2.02 or 2.02CE?

NOTE:- Ive changed to 2.02CE with openoffice since I did the first test.
Puppy Linux's [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=296352#296352]Mission[/url]

Sorry, my server is down atm!