Puppy drops wireless connection

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of networking hardware.
Atle

Puppy drops wireless connection

#1 Post by Atle »

I do not know how many puppy variants I have tried throughout the years.

And this has been tested on i do not know how many PC's, but the god damn problem reoccurs and its the same every time, no matter what network, no matter what hardware and its that the connection drops.

Like yesterday i installed Slacko64. And it was all fine yesterday. But today the connection drop and drops and I am the only one having this problem.

I dont say i use Linux as i feel this i ridiculous. Its like a disgrace to the concept as i am sure i had no similiar problem with any of the other distroes but with Puppy this thing just comes back again and again.

Just as i write this its been on and off like 5 times and its a very serious problem and incredible annoying.

I am not sure what to do as I can not believe i am the only one having this problem nearly always with puppy...

Then on the other side as i do not change root password when testing and go out as root with woofwoof i guess i am a idiot:-)

The only puppy that i know for sure does not do this is the Fatdog.

Apart from that, everything that is or have been official puppy has never failed to fail on this without there being a logical reason to it.

The only thing that is here today is Skype. That was not present yesterday. So i shall try to delete bloody skype and see if that is the cause.

Skype is gone and so is the sound thing one needs and the problem is there right as it was...

I hope there is a reson for this?

moeppyfan

Re: Puppy and Wlan? Something is REALLY wrong

#2 Post by moeppyfan »

Atle wrote:I can not believe i am the only one having this problem nearly always with puppy...
Hello Atle,

The member starhawk says he has the same wifi problem (using frisbee) here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=886845#886845

The posts go on for the next 2 pages or so. Enjoy :)

Atle

#3 Post by Atle »

Thanks.. i am really getting paranoid here as this goes straight into my nerve system as a bug that want let go...

ill read the posts:-)

8Geee

#4 Post by 8Geee »

I'll have to agree with Frisbee bugs. I tossed it also, and use Network Wizard, tho its a step-by-step process. Frisbee seems to want to rule the world... without an off switch.

I have access to both ethernet and wifi, and SNS/Frisbee doesn't play nice if both are even connected. Part of this is due to WiFi "on" at boot-up, regardless if an ethernet connection is present. Frankly, I got tired of using SNS for ethernet and Frisbee for WiFi and having to change default setting for which one was available. Network Wizard is easy, just pick the one you want to use, no hassles./MHO
Linux user #498913 "Some people need to reimagine their thinking."
"Zuckerberg: a large city inhabited by mentally challenged people."

starhawk

#5 Post by starhawk »

Chiming in...

Dougal's doesn't work with my network, Frisbee and SNS both have this issue. Assuming that it's not a lower-level problem even than that. Something kicks the network out of whack every so often... seems like the primary precipitator is a weak signal. Happens in my Out house some 40-50ft from the router, but not in the office, 20-30ft from the router. Wireless 'n' / WPA network here.

As I said in another place... been raggin' on about this for at least a year now I'd say. Nobody seems to simultaneously know enough and care enough to fix it.

You'd think this the sort of thing 01micko or 666philb (etc) could kick out the door in a weekend or so of dedicated effort -- particularly since it seems to be a bug in every single Pup at least after the 4xx series... possibly including those although I've not used 'em enough to know for sure.

Oh well :(

If you dev folks out there change yer minds, ya know where to find me... I'll be here, and I'll be happy to test if I can.