bug in 2.02 possibly also in 2.10 --Gxine

Please post any bugs you have found
jus407

bug in 2.02 possibly also in 2.10 --Gxine

#1 Post by jus407 »

ok to the best of my knowledge this hasnt been said by anyone else so here i go, when i mount a ntfs hard drive and try playing music (by simply clicking the mp3 file to play) it loads Gxine but as soon as it loads it exits, and i was just wondering if this is also happening in 2.10 as it sounds like a problem that might migrate over to the next version.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#2 Post by BarryK »

Try running Gxine from a terminal window.

Right-click in your ntfs folder, choose "Xterm here". Type:
# gxine <name of mp3 file>
...then let us know what error messages you get.

I don't know about 2.10alpha, don't have access to an ntfs partition right now.

jus407

#3 Post by jus407 »

ERROR MESSAGE

xine engine failed to start.

No input plugin found.
Maybe the file does not exist, has wrong permissions or
URL syntax error.

i realized i forgot to mention i am running a live cd (not multi) and i tried listening to a the exact same song before loading ALSA sound manager and it played (or gxine did not close and it showed it as playing although i could not hear it yet as the sound card wasnt installed) and then loaded sound card and the error poped up while tring to play same exact song

Béèm

#4 Post by Béèm »

I wanted to know if I had that problem as well, so I opened a mp3 file residing on a ntfs windows XP partition and it just played fine.

But when I click on the file in konquor, gxine is briefly openend and realplayer (installed as well) is taking over!!
Puppy Linux 2.02 SMkey, KDE354mini, wine0.9.20, devx-qt-renamed.
Puppy Linux 2.10r1 SMkey, JWM, devx_qt_renamed_210, KDE355mini

jus407

#5 Post by jus407 »

hmmm... seems that when i boot from live cd (not multi session) when i try to play a song .mp3 without installing the sound card it works just fine (by simply clicking it), yet when i install the sound card and open gxine FIRST then play song by file>open>SONGNAME it plays just fine, yet when i open ROX and locate the file on NTFS and click it to open it opens up gxine then immediatly closes it, here is the error message from the console window
as you can see i opened the file (with sound card not installed it played fine, installed sound card and opened file while gxine closed and it wouldnt play then opened up gxine without a song playing and it played it just fine.

PS running puppy 2.02 no backbone, CE, or other version