Rizen AMD budget Puppy Laptop idea for start up campaign

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
Ushichan

Rizen AMD budget Puppy Laptop idea for start up campaign

#1 Post by Ushichan »

Im always wondering since Puppy is so fast, reliable and easier to use than other linux distros, has anyone thought about getting sponsorship for a puppy only machine using startup or similar funding?

Im pretty tired of looking for 2nd had laptops that have bad batteries by now in order to run linux and just thought with the price of tech these days so low its probably possible to get a type of chromebook that ran only puppy and even a security puppy setup for you iphone or other mobile device that are becoming available lately to prevent data stealing by major spying and similar personal data criminal entities like Google and Apple.

PuppyPC, PuppyBook, Bones, K9 and so many names could be used for a laptop, pad or phone running just puppy, its a shame to keep wasting money on things installed with the criminal corps software like apple, google and windblows.

We puppy peeps should also support Dogecoin as a currency which has the largest community in crypto and then we are forming a larger pack by joing other Dog packs :) We dogs must stick together even have puppy pcs able to mine Dogecoin as POS or POW using hashtag power for individuals not big mining companies that waste electricity like Bitcoin.

8Geee

#2 Post by 8Geee »

It would be easier and more beneficial to ask for laptops and smartphones to be made with NO operating system installed.

This has for 20+ years been allowed with a desktop computer.

As for any block chain based "coin" I will not support an intangible. The tangible currency systems are at least partially tangible, and worth about 3% of what they were worth 100 years ago. These "coins" have a value of ZERO without demand in spite of the work used to produce them. Thats bad for generators.

Regards
8Geee
Linux user #498913 "Some people need to reimagine their thinking."
"Zuckerberg: a large city inhabited by mentally challenged people."

Ushichan

#3 Post by Ushichan »

the OS monopolies make sure there are no laptops produced with no OS so that wouldnt quite work or else other more popular linux distros would be there already I would have thought. Ubuntu did one but it was with a 2 inch screen :) - Ubuntu is too heavy as well but xenial pup is doing the right thing by linking with it.

I would like to see AMD laptops made for linux and puppy developers could get work this way for something they love. Crowd sourcing or whatever these sponsored online startup methods seem to work. Even a 8-10 inch Puppy Tuff Pad that can plug to a bigger screen at home with 16-20gb zoom possible camera and a type of skype and Line or similar app built in would be the ultimate all in one communication, data, media, film and photo device many have been waiting for instead of having to carry a laptop, phone and camera for different things.

Crypto
Im not into POW crypto esp BTC which is totally polluting and centralized mining therefore centralized, but Dogecoin is a great community and POS would make more sense much like Ethereum is doing now moving away from POW and into POS

Banksters and corps need to go down if us humans want to evolve either way and there is no other way to control our money unless we support a community that is aimed away from their claws. Ideas are welcome.
We either make little steps or eventually only robots will evolve and we will never reach any peak in evolution thanks to the parasitic elite.

bigpup

#4 Post by bigpup »

With the GPL license of Puppy.
Anyone could do it.
If they specifically did any code changes to make Puppy work better on their computer.
They would have to post the code so anyone could use it.

It would be their computer product.
So, they would have to provide the Puppy operating system technical support.

Some companies do offer computers with Ubuntu on them.
Dell does.
http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/555/cam ... -laptop_us
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

8Geee

#5 Post by 8Geee »

Well there are some Home-theater boxes and some SoC boxes still sold (industrial or home) that are NO os, but smartphones and laptops are not sold that way. Some people have gone mini-ITX DIY. Plenty of mini-ITX boards waiting for sys-ops. But one does have to figure out memory, display, HDD/SSD/none, and CD/DVD/BLU. In some cases the CPU is also installed by end-user. The great unknown here is BIOS.

Regards
8Geee
Linux user #498913 "Some people need to reimagine their thinking."
"Zuckerberg: a large city inhabited by mentally challenged people."

s243a

#6 Post by s243a »

The original poster may find the following thread interesting:

DIY Raspberry Pi laptop
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=98576