Wifi-Connect 2017B beta (Deprecated)

Atle

#31 Post by Atle »

EDUWIFI...

What is that? Sounds like something neat :-)

stemsee

#32 Post by stemsee »

EDUWIFI is the name of my script for connecting to a university wifi 'eduroam'. I removed that discreet script because wifi-connect does the same job better!

stemsee

#33 Post by stemsee »

@Pelo hotspot does not work yet!

8Geee

#34 Post by 8Geee »

Pelo... what do you tink of Network Wizard, it was absent from your post. I find it very useful, and I don't really need SNS or Frisbee.

Stemsee... keep up the good work. Though I don't use anything you build (limited resourses with a netbook), these builds, pets, etc look fine for folks with a modern computer.
Linux user #498913 "Some people need to reimagine their thinking."
"Zuckerberg: a large city inhabited by mentally challenged people."

stemsee

#35 Post by stemsee »

8Geee wrote:Stemsee... I don't use anything you build.
Network Wizard is standard in most pups, I think. It has been for a long time. I hope that everyone who dislikes my efforts to the point of criticising them without trying them first, using only lame excuses based upon their lack of funds to not download an 80kb wrapper, does not announce it here by redirecting attention to an established and well used alternative! In fact wifi-connect is the alternative!

If there is another connection tool that can connect your pc to an AP in fewer clicks, I will take it in preference over my own!? Even better 8Geee, how about YOU write one for us, combining all the best features, and packing it as you see fit to your fine standards?

kind regards
Stemsee

Atle

#36 Post by Atle »

Please just continue the great efforts to move towards new ideas and thinking.

What you do is very smart with combining Wlanmaker and Shareinternet.

Thats a killa if you ask me...

corvus

#37 Post by corvus »

Back to the point and go forward with testing, tried the last version, the browser icon now appears. Default start not working:

Code: Select all

# ./defaultwifi
/root/.wifivarsdef: line 2: be: command not found
awk: cmd. line:1: {print $2
awk: cmd. line:1:          ^ unexpected newline or end of string
Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try 'grep --help' for more information.
killall: wpa_supplicant: no process killed
killall: dhcpcd: no process killed
./defaultwifi: line 103: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
./defaultwifi: line 105: syntax error: unexpected end of file
# EXIT="Exit on timeout"
if I restart X the tray icon disappears and the wifi disconnects. I would suggest to move the wifiprofi entry in Puppys menu because to get access to an saved profile you must first run wifi-connect but I believe once a profile is saved a user would like to start it directly rather than having to start first WiFi-connection.
stemsee wrote:
corvus wrote: P.S.: How do I write something after the image ?
Do you mean in the tray menu?

Like this

MENU="Text!command!image.png|text!command!image.png|"
That is the format. Using variables in any position is ok too.
No stemsee, my question is off topic, I meant how to write something after the image attached to the post on the forum.

My regards and thanks for your work and efforts on this Forum.
[b]We are waves of the same sea, leaves of the same tree, flowers of the same garden.[/b]

Atle

#38 Post by Atle »

@Stemsee

As for hotspot, what is great there is the built in webserver to serve or exchange files.

There are plenty of nice services that can run over Wlanmaker and ShareInternet.

And those are already built in mostly or can be found as pets. I think think of things that are like communication, such as chat and videochat. Games... I would like to challenge anyone anywhere in chess for instans. Files up and down. Sharing your videos and music.

Want to check my digital DVD backup directory? ;-)

What is most desperately missing is what i believe is DNSmasque.

The ability to make your "hotspot" redirect clients to a url.

I prey :-)

EDIT
After some googling I at least know what i ask for. Its called a "captive portal"...

https://personaltelco.net/wiki/CaptivePortal

stemsee

#39 Post by stemsee »

@corvus

Argh! I must have worked on a copy script in another location! Thanks!

I believe it is corrected now!

What do you think of the idea that wifiprofi only offers for selection profiles that have an Access Point available? Or leave it as it is to show all saved configs?
Last edited by stemsee on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 07:39, edited 2 times in total.

stemsee

#40 Post by stemsee »

@Atle
that one is obsolete. I found this
https://github.com/LogicalBricks/wicap-php

Atle

#41 Post by Atle »

Wow... That looks like a great start... I think maybe even I might be able to figure that one out. Or at least try :-)

I even found a "Puppy", that is not really a puppy, but still somewhat called that...

http://www.authpuppy.org/

stemsee

#42 Post by stemsee »

Well, Atle, that is for Windows!

corvus

#43 Post by corvus »

stemsee wrote:@corvus
What do you think of the idea that wifiprofi only offers for selection profiles that have an Access Point available? Or leave it as it is to show all saved configs?
I think the best choice is to offer the selection of only the profiles that have an available Access Point, provided the selection is dynamically updated with a scanning routine before the selection otherwise it is better to leave it as it is.
[b]We are waves of the same sea, leaves of the same tree, flowers of the same garden.[/b]

corvus

#44 Post by corvus »

Tried the corrected version, works well but choosing the network to connect to I have selected, saved and setted as default the wrong Access Point when I realised the error I repeated the selections with the right one but after reboot wifi-connect does not connect automatically. I have to start wifiprofi and choose the right one to connect but I get two icons in the tray and on reboot the problem persist. How can I delete the wrong Access Point ?

stemsee

#45 Post by stemsee »

So, run 'wifi-connect' and select AP, check 'default' box and 'save' box enter ok.

If that doesn't work then

rm -f /root/.wifivars
rm -f /root/.wifivars2
rm -f /root/.wifivarsdef
rm -f /root/Startup/defaultwifi

stemsee

#46 Post by stemsee »

More info improvements.

I didn't do the limited profiles function because in the case where you want to join an invisible AP ... But i may add it as an option.
Attachments
desktopinfo.png
(7.25 KiB) Downloaded 332 times
desktopinfo2.png
(21.38 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
desktopinfo3.png
(33.59 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
Last edited by stemsee on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 07:39, edited 1 time in total.

corvus

#47 Post by corvus »

stemsee wrote:So, run 'wifi-connect' and select AP, check 'default' box and 'save' box enter ok.
Doesn't work.
stemsee wrote:

rm -f /root/.wifivars
rm -f /root/.wifivars2
rm -f /root/.wifivarsdef
rm -f /root/Startup/defaultwifi
Deleting the files and run again wifi-connect has solved my issue now everything works as expected. :D

Thanks.

Scooby

#48 Post by Scooby »

Tried it out on alphaOS using Wifi-Connect-6.pet

got a few errors

0. I am seeing

SIOCSIFHWADDR: Device or resource busy - you may need to down the interface

mkfifo -m MODE $PIPE9
I get mkfifo: invalid mode

should be something like mkfifo -m 0600 $PIPE9

maybe you meant

MODE="0600"
mkfifo -m $MODE $PIPE9
There are two such mkfifo in script.

2. I am trying to connect to a open network with SSID ATF_OPEN
(Obs linenumbers probably wrong since I had to replce yaf-splash with Xdialog on my system)

/usr/bin/wifi-connect: line 139: ATF_OPEN||||TRUE|FALSE|FALSE|FALSE||TRUE|: command not found

from

function selectfn () {
$choose
where the $choose is what bombs

Maybe you do alot of parsing of output from commands and it is not
the same on alphaOS?

I get no connection

I like the interface though

Also after running apllication a few times already annoyed with the
"can be empty" of User-id.

stemsee

#49 Post by stemsee »

Scooby wrote: Also after running apllication a few times already annoyed with the
"can be empty" of User-id.
I echo that sentiment!!

Next iteration that field will be empty! I just didn't want some people to get confused thinking it needed to be filled!! On the other hand it doesn't matter, just left alone does not affect usage!

I will experiment and research fifo pipe formatting, I am new to it.

$choose is defined in 'buildnetworkselectorfn', Then I have simply stated the variable and that is the entire gui, a bit like 'export gtkdialog'. Actually I was surprised when it worked!

buildnetworkselectorfn () {
cat /tmp/scansr2 | tr '\n' ' ' >> /tmp/scansr3 
sed -i 's|^|choose=$(yad --window-icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/wifi.png --image "/usr/share/pixmaps/wifi.png" --columns=1 --title "$mytext16: $int" --item-separator="," --form --field="$mytext15":CBE "|' /tmp/scansr3
sed -i 's/$/" --field=$mytext20 --field=$mytext18:H --field=$mytext17:H --field=wlan0-default:CHK --field=wlan1:CHK --field="$mytext27":CHK --field="$mytext26":CHK --field="$mytext25" --field="$mytext24":CHK --button="gtk-ok:0" --button="gtk-close:1" --text "$mytext5" "$mytext21" "" "" "TRUE" "" "" "" "$mytext22" "TRUE")\n/' /tmp/scansr3
sed -i 's/, "/"/g' /tmp/scansr3
sed -i 's/, /,/g' /tmp/scansr3
sed -i 's/=""/=","/g' /tmp/scansr3
[[ /tmp/scansr ]] && . /tmp/scansr
[[ /tmp/scansr3 ]] && . /tmp/scansr3

}

selectfn () {
$choose
ret=$?

Scooby

#50 Post by Scooby »

stemsee wrote: $choose is defined in 'buildnetworkselectorfn', Then I have simply stated the variable and that is the entire gui, a bit like 'export gtkdialog'. Actually I was surprised when it worked!

buildnetworkselectorfn () {
cat /tmp/scansr2 | tr '\n' ' ' >> /tmp/scansr3 
sed -i 's|^|choose=$(yad --window-icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/wifi.png --image "/usr/share/pixmaps/wifi.png" --columns=1 --title "$mytext16: $int" --item-separator="," --form --field="$mytext15":CBE "|' /tmp/scansr3
sed -i 's/$/" --field=$mytext20 --field=$mytext18:H --field=$mytext17:H --field=wlan0-default:CHK --field=wlan1:CHK --field="$mytext27":CHK --field="$mytext26":CHK --field="$mytext25" --field="$mytext24":CHK --button="gtk-ok:0" --button="gtk-close:1" --text "$mytext5" "$mytext21" "" "" "TRUE" "" "" "" "$mytext22" "TRUE")\n/' /tmp/scansr3
sed -i 's/, "/"/g' /tmp/scansr3
sed -i 's/, /,/g' /tmp/scansr3
sed -i 's/=""/=","/g' /tmp/scansr3
[[ /tmp/scansr ]] && . /tmp/scansr
[[ /tmp/scansr3 ]] && . /tmp/scansr3

}

selectfn () {
$choose
ret=$?
I don't get it
[[ /tmp/scansr3 ]] && . /tmp/scansr3 in buildnetworkselectorfn is where you start the gui and in /tmp/scansr3 is where you assign to choose the
result of the yad dialog

from scnansr3

choose=$(yad --window ...
then in selectfn you are running that reply as if it is a command
When I tried to connect this was the case that choose="ATF_OPEN||||TRUE|FALSE|FALSE|FALSE||TRUE|"

It is not a command
?

You can verify that by going to tmp folder and do

. scansr3