Pupjibaro jessie Beta.

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
musher0

#46 Post by musher0 »

Allô, pelo.

Another try with gnome-player tonight: same problem as yesterday, it cannot play a movie
on DVD, but it did play a folder full of songs in ogg format. (Yesterday it couldn't; this is
a true mystery.)

vlc is too big (76 Mb's). So I installed gxine from the PPM (14 Mb's apparently). Works
ok (see attached pic). You'll also need to add a little library (attached) and a proper
*.desktop file (attached as well). Gxine is not perfect, IMO, I don't really like it, personally,
-- I prefer my own mplayer scripts!!! -- but gxine played everything I threw at it.

Please note: Gxine was fussy though, insisting to play anything on disc from my external
DVD drive (a USB drive). It's probably just a quirk, since I did not fully configure it for this
test, I only configured the esssentials.

As a precaution, rename gnome-mplayer to gnome-player.bou (or whatever extension) to
deactivate it and put its desktop file somewhere harmless.

I hope this gxine will satisfy your needs on the pupjibaro-jessie.

BFN.
Attachments
gxine_joue_tout.jpg
Even mediaeval music!
(46.56 KiB) Downloaded 684 times
gxine.desktop.zip
(1.31 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
libgudev-230-alt1.i586.pet
(11.41 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

Pelo

Gxine is the default mediaplayer in Puppies 4. Gxine will do

#47 Post by Pelo »

Gxine is the default mediaplayer in Puppies 4. Gxine will do the job.
If your are fond of Debian, install Dpup exprimo, all is available for the most full featured menu.Or Dpup487
Debian would destroy these recent puppies pretending to run Debian applications, they run nothing at all.
I will check again Pupjibaro wheezy. No such huge bugs, if i remember.
I am seriously coming back to Precise Puppies.

musher0

#48 Post by musher0 »

Hello all.

As of 15 minutes ago, the PPM on pupjibaro-jessie is out of whack, I can't update the
repos and I can't un-install any apps either. Any clues? TIA.

I had to go shopping at the debian-jessie repo directly, e.g.
https://packages.debian.org/jessie/i386 ... 3/download

Plus another snafu: SFR'.s UExtract cannot be run from right-click, only from terminal.
Bad karma on the jibaro today...

BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

Pelo

i will soon release a Puppy Messy for argentinos y catalans

#49 Post by Pelo »

i will soon release a Puppy Messy (for argentinos y catalans.) Musher will be the Captain :) I am creating icons for eleven sports. Hockey will be included.
Messy for the glory of all the Lionels in the world :!:
Melchior will be the Puppy Winter Games for all the Christian's
:D it's a joke, i am unable to do that !
Attachments
YaRock.jpg
Latin Jessie can play french songs. Pupjibaro sabe bailar el paso-doble con YaRock
(51.82 KiB) Downloaded 506 times
Last edited by Pelo on Sun 05 Jun 2016, 08:50, edited 4 times in total.

musher0

#50 Post by musher0 »

Hi pelo.

Did I ever tell you that my dad named me "Christian" so I couldn't found another
religion? Answer: It would still be "Christian-ity" :lol: (Not that I would ever want to!!!)

Have fun!
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

Pelo

For DVDs, use And old Puppy with GXINE included.

#51 Post by Pelo »

For DVDs, use An old Puppy with GXINE included. French can use Toutou 4.3.1 if they don't speak english, spanish and Linux :)
If Puppy had been unable to play DVDs, our forum would have been submerged by passengers complaints.
Before World cup and Olympic Games, people like to watch again how their national teams won some medals
Newest Puppies are loosing... the know-how,
Jessie gnome-mplayer unable to play a DVD, trash it ! Or abandon it..
I will try to make Gnome-mplayer do its job, like it was doing when Precise was the top for our development teams.
Last edited by Pelo on Thu 09 Jun 2016, 03:43, edited 3 times in total.

musher0

#52 Post by musher0 »

Hello all.

For urxvt to work -- "period"; otherwise it doesn't work -- in this pupjibaro jessie, you need
to sym-link /lib/libcrypt-2.19.so to /lib/libcrypt.so.1.

Also, please be aware that the urxvt in this pupjibaro jessie has not been compiled to
accept the -pixmap parameter. If you have a script that uses this urxvt -pixmap parameter,
that urxvt line in the script won't run.

BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

Pelo

Don Quixote de La Mancha y Sancho panza

#53 Post by Pelo »

Musher0 y Pelo = Don Quixote de La Mancha y Sancho panza
ne pueden leer el DVD,
We shall repair Gnome-Mplayer, Musher ! and get aficionados de la Puppy Jessie back again en el forum ! That is true that reading only bugs and how to install does not enjoy our latinos dancers.
I keep my DVD de Football beside me, soon i will feed back if Gnome-Mplayer is ready for olympic games in Rio De Janeiro.
Each winner will be offered a Puppy Jessie pendrive with his golden medal (her).
Brazilian Puppy team will help (topic posted on Facebook Puppy Brazil)
I hope Josep2424 will be in Rio for that !
Attachments
Brazil.jpg
They enjoy Pupjibaro Jessie
(35.52 KiB) Downloaded 477 times

musher0

#54 Post by musher0 »

That's strange. Facebook doesn't offer a "I hate" button.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

Pelo

Don quixote ! You are fighting windmills !

#55 Post by Pelo »

Don quixote ! You are fighting windmills ! for gnome-mpayer, using an old version will give you time to search a solution. Puppy like our champions was doing much more when it was young, with less fat and libraries. Version 1.0.5 should repair your jessie. Wait and see.
Last edited by Pelo on Tue 07 Jun 2016, 19:26, edited 2 times in total.

musher0

#56 Post by musher0 »

Hello all.

The "vorbis-tools" in pupjibaro jessie are incomplete, they lack ogg123, plus an
entry in /usr/lib/mime/packages.

I tried recompiling this package from source, and it seems that it's because the libao
and the libcurl libraries in pupjibaro jessie are not considered high enough in the
original Woof-CE compilation to compile the ogg123 executable.

The interest of having the complete ogg123 package -- and similarly the complete
mpg123 package -- in a small distro such as Puppy is that these two audio players
can play audio in 1/7 (one seventh) or less of the RAM that mplayer takes to play
ogg or mp3 files.

Mplayer is a great program, but it's designed primarily to play videos. If you ask it
to play an audio file, it will gladly do so, but it will load in RAM 2 times +/- 23 Mb's
- its entire video executable - regardless that it's going to play only an audio file.

Please re-install the vorbis-tools package from the ready-made vorbis-tools-1.4 deb
file at this debian jessie depot: https://packages.debian.org/jessie/vorbis-tools

Thanks.
Last edited by musher0 on Tue 07 Jun 2016, 03:11, edited 1 time in total.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

musher0

Re: Don quixote ! You are fighting windmills !

#57 Post by musher0 »

Pelo wrote:Don quixote ! You are fighting windmills ! for gnome-mpayer, using an old version will give you time to search a solution. Puppy like our champions was doing much more when it was young, with less fat and libraries. Version 1.0.5 should repair your jessie. Wait and see.
Oh why don't you just shut up! :twisted:
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

Pelo

How to play DVD with Gnome-Mplayer

#58 Post by Pelo »

"Another try with gnome-player tonight: same problem as yesterday, it cannot play a movie
on DVD, but it did play a folder full of songs in ogg format. (Yesterday it couldn't; this is
a true mystery.) "
That is the main problem.. Was existing in Slacko 5.6, 5.7.
Puppies releases still continue having the Bug. My solution is older version.
Mister electronico answers some usarios how to check Gnome-Mplayer.
DVDs players are not so many...
Music players are perhaps fifty, or more.
Vicmz and Mister electronico here (aqui, ici, par là)

[root][10:22 AM][~]
└─[pup_jessie][$] gnome-mplayer
gnome-mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libgmtk.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
┌─[root][10:22 AM][~]
└─[pup_jessie][$]

┌─[root][10:30 AM][~]
gnome-mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libgmlib.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
┌─[root][10:30 AM][~]
gnome-mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libnotify.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
┌─[root][10:32 AM][~]

(gnome-mplayer:25787): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: g_object_set_valist: object class 'GtkSettings' has no property named 'gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme'
GMLIB-Message: after init: position=0.000 length=0.000 start_time=0.000 run_time=0.000 volume=0.00 player=dead media=unknown uri=
gnome-mplayer: symbol lookup error: gnome-mplayer: undefined symbol: gmtk_media_player_get_state
┌─[root][10:33 AM][~]
└─[pup_jessie][$]
Attachments
JessieDVD.jpg
(37.72 KiB) Downloaded 383 times

Pelo

I have compiled Gnome-mplayer 1.0.8 in Precise Puppy

#59 Post by Pelo »

"Gnome-mplayer 1.0.8
I have compiled Gnome-mplayer 1.0.8 in Precise Puppy. I also tried to set it up so that it will play DVD videos "out of the box". It also disables the screensaver while a video is playing. " Barry Kauler
Perdu ! Failed ! Mplayer seems to be the cause (ogle DVD fails Too)
DVD is OK, Gnome-Mplayer provided by Slacko XFCE Jejy69 (5.3.3)) does it without trouble.
Attachments
DVD.jpg
June 2016, coupe Europe Football. July, DVDs will be released
(65.88 KiB) Downloaded 432 times

musher0

#60 Post by musher0 »

Thanks for your suggestion, pelo.

However this problem, this bug, should be seen as a God-send.

It forced me to create mplayer, ogg123 and mpg123 scripts! :twisted:
(edit) (Please see here and here.) (end of edit)

And to discover the most recent version of gXine along the way! :twisted:
(edit) (Please see 1st post at the top of this page.) (end of edit)

As for you, it sent you rounding up ... 50, you say ?... audio players, some of
(edit)
which were unknown to me, and some of which are really outstanding. :D
In particular, this playmusic-dt that you dug up God knows where! But wow!

(end of edit)

Also on the positive side, along the way were discovered and reported to the
pupjibaro-jessie management two other bugs that the Woof-CE robot had not caught.

Before, we were gnome-mplayer's hostages. Now we are free. Now we can make
faces to this pretentious gnome-mplayer and completely ignore it if we wish.

We can now dance all around gnome-mplayer and tell it: "You have bugs, but we
don't!" Isn't that a wonderful and happy feeling ?! :P

BFN.
Last edited by musher0 on Wed 08 Jun 2016, 01:44, edited 2 times in total.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

Pelo

Configurar interface de red

#61 Post by Pelo »

Abrir la Red Wifi Wlan 1 inalambrica
El boot es includido dentro de la video (introduccion con virtualbox Windows 7)
Attachments
DHCP.jpg
Mi tutorial You Tube
(52.01 KiB) Downloaded 403 times
Last edited by Pelo on Sat 29 Oct 2016, 01:57, edited 9 times in total.

musher0

#62 Post by musher0 »

FYI and FWIW: I just edited my post at the bottom of the last page.
Last edited by musher0 on Wed 08 Jun 2016, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

musher0

#63 Post by musher0 »

@jose:
You forgot to issue this command:

Code: Select all

cd ~
ln -s /usr/share/X11/rgb.txt .rgb.txt
The < gcolor2 > utility is not complete without it.

Best regards.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

musher0

#64 Post by musher0 »

@jose and all Woof-CE developers:

Since gawk is already in the main sfs, why is it also in the devx?
The 625 Kb's it occupies (plus its plugins) could be used for something else
-- or simply gained.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

musher0

#65 Post by musher0 »

Santiago? -- or is it Caracas, or Buenos Aires? We have a problem:
(Modeled on the expression "Houston? We have a problem!")

the geany in the pupjibaro produces lots of errors even if I call it with

Code: Select all

geany &>/dev/null
:
(geany:10292): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files
(geany:10292): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkImage:stock is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
(geany:10292): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkImageMenuItem:use-stock is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
(geany:10292): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkImageMenuItem:image is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
(geany:10292): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkSettings:gtk-menu-images is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
(geany:10292): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkSettings:gtk-button-images is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
(geany:10292): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkAlignment:left-padding is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
(geany:10292): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkAlignment:right-padding is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
(geany:10292): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkAlignment:xscale is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
(geany:10292): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkAlignment:yscale is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
(geany:10292): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkAlignment:bottom-padding is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
(geany:10292): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkMisc:ypad is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
(geany:10292): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkTreeView:rules-hint is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
(geany:10292): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkAlignment:xalign is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
(geany:10292): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkColorButton:color is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
(geany:10292): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkEntry:secondary-icon-stock is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
(geany:10292): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkImageMenuItem:accel-group is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
(geany:10292): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkCellRendererText:foreground-gdk is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
((Starting at line 72 of my xerrs.log)

Also, the "about" in the help panel says it's geany version 1.28, whereas the
debian jessie depot offers geany version 1.24 and the geany people themselves
are only at version 1.27.

Also, hitting the F5 key in this geany does nothing. It should be starting the bash
to test the script you're writing.

Qué pasa? Jo no comprendo.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~