Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 28 Sep 2016, 09:47
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Webtorrent Desktop for Linux
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
labbe5

PostPosted: Thu 07 Apr 2016, 13:36    Post subject:  Webtorrent Desktop for Linux
Subject description: beta

https://github.com/feross/webtorrent-desktop/releases

Binaries for Ubuntu Puppy 64-bit capable only.

Once installed, run it once from a terminal (if you’ve installed the .deb, simply type “webtorrent-desktop” in a terminal), and the application should automatically create a .desktop file.

Node.js may be needed : https://github.com/nodesource/distributions#installation-instructions

Besides being able to stream torrents to your desktop, WebTorrent Desktop can also stream torrents to AirPlay, Chromecast, and DLNA.
april

Location: Sunning up on the Great Barrier Reef (Mostly Dead or Dying(me too))

PostPosted: Sat 09 Apr 2016, 22:18    Post subject:  

I'm in Australia .
I can get torrents though . Would this be of any use to me ?
Can I get any movies with it?
I don't have a fast internet connection but I will pedal real fast ...honest
bark_bark_bark

PostPosted: Sun 10 Apr 2016, 08:05    Post subject:  

I honestly wouldn't recommend this at all. Just use some other bittorrent client (like qbittorrent), go to kat.cr and, and download torrents for movies from there. The problem with Webtorrent is that it streams the torrent (so not good on slow connection) and the other problem is that it seems to make use of WebRTC (which is a no-no all together).
What consenting adults do in their bedroom is none of your business so if you think there is something wrong with homosexuality and your bothered by it, then you're an idiot who needs to mind their own business.

Last edited by bark_bark_bark on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 04:49; edited 1 time in total
april

PostPosted: Mon 11 Apr 2016, 04:47    Post subject:  

bark_bark_bark wrote:
f you think there is something wrong with homosexuality, then you're a blind sheep.

well I think the last thing I would be is a blind sheep

However a union between two same sex people produces nothing and in the long term is totally disruptive to society and humankind. It is an act of selfishness on the part of both and they try to push it on others to justify it in their own minds .

A total perversion . In past times if a man out hunting tried this they would be killed immediately .
That punishment still seems appropriate and will shortly return and catch up with these perverts .

I'm a racist too ....but don't get me started on that.

Oh.... and I use Puppy's "Transmission" and a fine bit of software it is too

Last edited by april on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 04:56; edited 2 times in total
bark_bark_bark

PostPosted: Mon 11 Apr 2016, 04:49    Post subject:  

april wrote:
bark_bark_bark wrote:
f you think there is something wrong with homosexuality, then you're a blind sheep.

well I think the last thing I would be is a blind sheep

However a union between two same sex people produces nothing and in the long term is totally disruptive to society and humankind. It is an act of selfishness on the part of both and they try to push it on others to justify it in their own minds .

A total perversion . In past times if a man out hunting tried this they would be killed immediately .
That punishment still seems appropriate and will shortly return and catch up with these perverts .

I'm a racist too ....but don't get me started on that.

What does your blind and ignorant hate of homosexuals have to do with Webtorrent? I know things get offtopic on linux forums but this is too offtopic, even for a linux forum.

What consenting adults do in their bedroom is none of your business so if you think there is something wrong with homosexuality and your bothered by it, then you're an idiot who needs to mind their own business.
april

PostPosted: Mon 11 Apr 2016, 04:54    Post subject:  

Nothing "blind and ignorant" about it . They are your choice of words .
You also choose to push it in the face of others and thats what you get back if you do so from me .

I have given it considerable thought over decades and I know it for the perversion it is and I object to having it rammed down my throat like that . Keep it to yourself and all will be well.
bark_bark_bark

PostPosted: Mon 11 Apr 2016, 04:59    Post subject:  

april wrote:
Nothing "blind and ignorant" about it . They are your choice of words .
You also choose to push it in the face of others and thats what you get back if you do so from me .

I have given it considerable thought over decades and I know it for the perversion it is and I object to having it rammed down my throat like that . Keep it to yourself and all will be well.

Actually, I'm not shoving what is the truth on to you. and no, there is noting perverted about being gay. Your homophobic comments against me are harmful to society, but it's clear now you don't seem to care about anyone besides yourself.

april

PostPosted: Mon 11 Apr 2016, 05:11    Post subject:  

Your logic is flawed too I am afraid
bark_bark_bark

PostPosted: Mon 11 Apr 2016, 05:39    Post subject:  

you just can't handle the truth, that's all.
labbe5

PostPosted: Mon 29 Aug 2016, 10:14    Post subject: downloading newest version 0.12.0-1
Subject description: 32-bit .deb available for Mintpup

https://github.com/feross/webtorrent-desktop/releases

It is an easy install for Mintpup. Don't look for it in the menu, you have to type webtorrent desktop in terminal emulator, and a window appears with some items.
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Jump to: