How to make an sfs of Vivaldi with working Netflix

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
Wognath

How to make an sfs of Vivaldi with working Netflix

#1 Post by Wognath »

I was asked via pm to give the steps for making an sfs of vivaldi with Netflix working. Just two libs have to be added: widevine, swiped from chrome, and libffmpeg from Arch repo.

:arrow: If you have a recent 32-bit puppy, you can get a ready-made sfs from OscarTalks here.

I have tested the sfs made by the following procedure in Fatdog, Tahr64 and Slacko64.

Get the latest vivaldi-stable deb from vivaldi.net
Unpack it and move etc, opt and usr into a temporary directory (say temp1)

Get google-chrome and unpack it into temp2. Copy temp2/opt/google/chrome/libwidevinecdm.so into temp1/opt/vivaldi/ (replacing the link of the same name).

If you don't already have flash or wish to update, you can cp temp2/opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash/* to a convenient directory. See the script temp1/opt/vivaldi/vivaldi, lines 85-100 for a list of where vivaldi looks for it.

download vivaldi-ffmpeg-codecs-##.tar.xz from http://repo.herecura.eu/herecura/x86_64
Unpack it into temp3. Copy temp3/opt/vivaldi/libffmpeg.so to temp1/opt/vivaldi/lib/ (replacing smaller libffmpeg.so already present)
(Thanks to OscarTalks and vivaldi forum member Steffie for this part)

Modify vivaldi-stable.desktop line 108 or so to
Exec=run-as-spot "/usr/bin/vivaldi-stable" "%U"

Finally, mksquashfs temp1/ vivaldi.sfs

Vivaldi doesn't want to run as root (although OscarTalks knows how to modify it to so so), so to start from command line:
# run-as-spot vivaldi-stable

Note: Slacko and Tahr refused to load an sfs made in Fatdog because of permissions ??? After unsquash then resquash, it was ok.

rockedge

#2 Post by rockedge »

using the latest stable Vivaldi > vivaldi-stable_1.0.435.42-1_i386.deb
installed via clicking on it.
To run as root make a script and drag to the desktop.

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
/opt/vivaldi/vivaldi --user-data-dir=/.config/vivaldi
will launch it.

To fix the permissions when executed from within root's directory

Code: Select all

chmod 775 -R .pki
I have found that the vivaldi-snapshot_1.1.443.3-1_i386.deb from https://vivaldi.net/en-US/teamblog/104- ... ab-options
will run as root right after install.