A simple way to make a information point server with Wifi...

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
Atle

A simple way to make a information point server with Wifi...

#1 Post by Atle »

Hi all good folks...

Since we got the gem Wlanmaker, Puppy is ready for another "dimension"...

A information point is a standalone not internet dependent webserver where the users can log on using their devices with a web browser. So one solution covers all possible web enabled hardware.

A commercial grade solution for "info point" can be seen here:
https://www.info-point.eu/

Just as a point of reference. In our case we use a PC/Wlanmaker/Webserver.

I wish for a .pet here. I really do knowing its not Cristemas, its not my birthday nor have I been very nice this year.

So what does this pet need to do? Its simply needs to fulfill parts of what is called a "Captive Portal". But in this case all that is needed is a few lines of code/rules in DNSmasq and maybe else where.

This is as greek to me as greek(example under)
Αυτή είναι η ελληνική μου

So to just very exact here:

This pet should install a new feature to Puppy Linux Operating Systems that;

- forwards any clients that connects to the Puppy by either Eth or Wlan, to a certain IP adress where a webserver awaits them. This happens as the client opens or tries to use any url in their web browser. And its by force and its "just works".

I beg for understanding that this network business is like way out of my league, but that i have made some remasters that really could become like very handsome with THIS included in the concept, as its the "missing link"...

So i cross my fingers and hope for takers...

EDITED:

I'l settle for some assistant in making just the files in it self and where to put them manually as the pet in its self might not be wished my more than me :-)

Flash
Official Dog Handler

Re: A simple way to make a information point server with Wifi...

#2 Post by Flash »

Atle wrote:....So to just very exact here:

This pet should install a new feature to Puppy Linux Operating Systems that;

- forwards any clients that connects to the Puppy by either Eth or Wlan, to a certain IP adress where a webserver awaits them. This happens as the client opens or tries to use any url in their web browser. And its by force and its "just works"....
:shock:

Atle

#3 Post by Atle »

Well Flash... That sort of leaves no questions right? :lol:

stemsee

#4 Post by stemsee »

this can be done using fifo pipes!

Atle

#5 Post by Atle »

Will that be the most "universal" way Stemsee?

Like easy to implement in other Puppies as well?

I could not really get any understandable info on what Fifo Pipes is, but as someone with a bit experience in plumbing i got a half qualified guess... Its sort of like laying a pipe where as the datastream is forced to follow or???