Can't boot HD from floppy (repeat)

Booting, installing, newbie
Trev

#16 Post by Trev »

Hi Danleff
Thanks again for all your help and suggestions.
I still have not solved the problem but at least I have tried a lot.
You said there was a jumper on my board to disable auto IRQ I am not sure on this. The manual I have is for the 1996 edition of the board and mine is the 1995 model which has subtle differences and I have been unable to find a copy of the 1995 one.
I am hoping that there may be a way to set the IRQ via the Autoexec.bat file so I am hoping that someone out there may read this and have the answer.
Otherwise I will think I will have to give up on this board.
I do appreciate the time you have taken to help me Many thanks
Trev

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#17 Post by Flash »

Before you give up completely, have you tried pakt's WAKEPUP floppy? (In the ANNOUNCEMENTS category of the forum.)

Trev

#18 Post by Trev »

Hi
I tried the Wakepup floppy but it did not work
Thanks again
Trev

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#19 Post by Flash »

Thanks for letting us know.

pakt

#20 Post by pakt »

Trev wrote:I am hoping that there may be a way to set the IRQ via the Autoexec.bat file so I am hoping that someone out there may read this and have the answer.
Trev, you might try using LINLD.COM on a floppy to boot your PC. LINLD.COM is a better TINY.EXE that allows the use of a separate file for parameters (I'm considering using it to improve my WAKEPUP boot disk...).

Lobster has put some info in a Wiki where he describes its use (see the last entry on that page). He's using it to boot Puppy from Windows, but I had no problem using it to boot Puppy from a floppy.

The interesting part is that he has a line in the parameter file to set an interrupt for a troublesome mouse. Perhaps you can use a parameter to set the IRQ this way?

Good luck :)

BTW, I had problems getting LINLD.COM using Lobster's link. I found it here. ;)