XenialDog (Ubuntu 16.04 'Xenial Xerus' LTS, 32-bit)

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
fredx181

#361 Post by fredx181 »

backi wrote:Hi fred !
Do you feel like working together in the future on a E?? Dog ? mostly under your supervision then Smile , I don't mind if it's based on Ubuntu-Xenial or Debian, just to be user friendly, configured nice looking etc...
I was thinking about the same ...
Again, just future-music, I need to be careful not to put too much on my shoulders, so have to take things easy.
That`s correct..... one have to be careful not to overstretch .
Feel like a child playing in a Toyshop ......can`t decide which Toy to grab first .....

If .....,but only if.......I think there should be a separate thread ....Debian or Xenial Dogs under the main Topic just for Enlightenment (E17,Moksha,E19-20-21). Let`s keep it first as a loose Idea .Like a Mental Seed .
It`s the " Art to Start " .Don`t exactly know where to start.But there is no need to hurry .
To make it short ......I am interested .

Greetings fred !
Hi backi, :)

Ok let's do it .... make separate thread later.
I'll hear from you when you made your toy choice :) xenial or debian based (E17,Moksha,E19-20-21) :shock: 8)

Fred

fredx181

Re: antixdog

#362 Post by fredx181 »

zagreb999 wrote:hi all

we have debiandog, xenialdog,bodhidog...

why not tray now antixdog....
Hi zagreb,

You mentioned about Antix earlier, and in the meantime I've tried MX-16 and Antix.
I experimented with MX-16 to make it boot "porteus style" and it works for me (I can make and share ISO if you're interested), also I've setup a Antix minimal full install (by using netinstall).
So I'm investigating, but I really have my doubts if it's suitable for creating a *dog* from it.
I mean MX or Antix are already such modified OS's, based on Debian but having its own way of e.g. remastering, save-setup, snapshot etc... many apps similar to what's inside Debiandog.
What to include from DebianDog to not conflict with the Antix tools? Include porteus-boot option with it's save file/folder options?
Maybe you have ideas? (if so, detailled please) What you exactly expect from a Antixdog.

(btw, you could add the antix repository to /etc/apt/sources.list in DebianDog and see what you'd like to install from there)

Don't take me wrong, I think Antix is great, specially MK-16, I'd really recommend it for a complete, well organized Debian based OS (with XFCE) ).

Fred

zagreb999

ANTIXDOG

#363 Post by zagreb999 »

Thanks Fred!

My suggestions for ANTIXDOG:

1) Full LZ4 boot and compression support-latest-v.8
2) Quick remaster
3) XFCE 4.12
4) Frisbee netw. manager
5) SFS load-GUI
6)SFS-get
7) ApttoSFS for full install
8) ApttoSfs from installed packages
9) Youtube -get
10) Youtube-get v.2
11) GTK Youtube W.
12) Firefox
---------------------------------
Right Click:
1)Activate-deactivate SFS and SQUASHFS
2)Build deb
3) Convert pet to deb
4) Install deb
5)Extract deb
6)Remove permanently

backi

#364 Post by backi »

O.K fred !
I am ready to go......step by step.
My suggestion:
lets start with your latest Debian Dog .

What i have done so far :

Installed E17 via synaptic to your latest Debian Dog . (Still possible to use Openbox or Jwm Desktop (by changing .xsession-jwm or .xsession-openbox exec Entry ) .

Removed Firefox replaced it with latest Palemoon Web-Browser .
Did some Pre-configurations ready to use ( hope so ),
applied some application (Language Chooser --Frisbee for setting up wireless--Mixer Module--Temperature Gadged - Backlight Gadged ) ...and a few others to the shelf at the bottom .

For daily or initial use .. did put some Applications as Desktop Icons (double click ).
Also included a few nice Themes to give people a first Impression of how beautiful a Desktop could look .

There are no Drive Icons on Desktop (as in Jwm ). Mounting Drives must be accomplished by using Thunar .
Maybe later we can find a way to implement Places Module ( for mounting Drives and Partitions) It can be compiled ...but i dont know how to do that .

I will have a further look into your "hacked" Bodhi Linux later......which could maybe used as a good Base for a possible " Moksha Xenial Dog ".......
But not so fast ..
Let`s concentrate first on the Enlightenment Dog (E17).

I did a Remaster ready to go ...(so i hope )....will the Iso upload to Google Drive ....if everything is done......will inform you .

Have some Questions about :
How to make an Iso (bootable from Cd or Dvd ) from remastered live Folder (without change Folder )
Something else to include ? )
So it can be used as a live Cd-Dvd from which one boots -
If one like to install it ---full or frugal to Drive or Usb -----.. I did put the debdog-frugal-installer and the deb-dog-full-installer Applications to the Desktop .

Tried to use Isomaster but could not manage to make a bootable Iso from the Remaster (does not boot ).
I could place the remastered live Folder on my Google-Drive and send you the download link later .
So far so good .
See you later .

belham2

#365 Post by belham2 »

backi wrote:O.K fred !
I am ready to go......step by step.
My suggestion:
lets start with your latest Debian Dog .

What i have done so far :

Installed E17 via synaptic to your latest Debian Dog . (Still possible to use Openbox or Jwm Desktop (by changing .xsession-jwm or .xsession-openbox exec Entry ) .
Removed Firefox replaced it with latest Palemoon Web-Browser .
Did apply some application (Language Chooser --Frisbee for setting up wireless--Mixer--Temperature...and a few others to shelf at the bottom ).
For daily or initial use did put some Applications as Desktop Icons (double click ).
Also included a few nice Themes to give people a first Impression of how beautiful a Desktop could look .
There are no Drive Icons on Desktop (as in Jwm ). Mounting Drives must be accomplished by using Thunar .
Maybe later we can find a way to implement Places Module ( for mounting Drives and Partitions) It can be compiled ...but i dont know how to do that .

I will have a further look into your "hacked" Bodhi Linux later......which could maybe used as a good Base for a possible " Moksha Xenial Dog ".......
But not so fast ..
Let`s concentrate first on the Enlightenment Dog (E17).
I did a Remaster ready to go ...(so i hope )....will the Iso upload to Google Drive ....if everything is done......will inform you .

Have some Questions about :
How to make an Iso (bootable from Cd or Dvd ) from remastered live Folder (without change Folder )
Something else to include ? )
So it can be used as a live Cd-Dvd from which one boots -
If one like to install it ---full or frugal to Drive or Usb -----.. I did put the debdog-frugal-installer and the deb-dog-full-installer Applications to the Desktop .

Tried to use Isomaster but could not manage to make a bootable Iso from the Remaster (does not boot ).
I could place the remastered live Folder on my Google-Drive and send you the download link later .
So far so good .
See you later .

Backi, my dear friend......how can I tell you (judging from my maddening experience over the past few weeks with trying to help with a woof-CE dpup-stretch building)....

.....that you are on the "HIGHWAY TO HE!!"

Fred is luring you into HCBM, aka the Hotel Crazy Builders (of) Murga, where Don Henley will fill your head, as you hear: "...you can checkout at any time you like, BUT you can never leave!!...""

Tell him, Fred, lol, you are dragging him deep into the maddness, lol.....

Ok, hmmm, maddness it is. So, with that out of the way: I expect a full, proper ERROR FREE Enlightment Debian Dog build, backi, no excuses! You dream it, you see it in your mind, you live it every day, every second, every hour. Even when you're thinking of a pretty lady (or two), you will refrain, compose yourself, and think only "I live for Enlightment Debian Dog....I live for Enlightment Debian Dog.....I live for Enlightment Debian Dog..... :lol: :lol: And I do promise, after this is all over, that I will bring you pizza to the institution you're admitted to. :D . :twisted:

backi

#366 Post by backi »

Hi fred !
I want to suggest ,when starting the new Thread about Enlightenment and its "Derivates " we should let it begin with the instructions--- how to download and install it on your own--- .. from Repository and how to modifie the .session-jwm and .session-openbox exec Script.....to automatically boot it at Startup ( it is the same Procedure for Debian Dog as in Xenial Dog ).
We will provide a link with ready-to-use Iso for download also :
First just Debian Dog E17.
What do you think ?

backi

#367 Post by backi »

Hi belham ! :)
I am looking through your Mask .No Way to hide...did my Reasearch . I think your real name is Dr.Caligary .

Here a few links which reveal your true identity :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cabin ... ._Caligari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Ax1Dmbl4U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT-ky3vmGQg
https://archive.org/details/thecabinetofdrcaligari

By the Way Doctor .....which type of Drugs are you using .........but more important ......where to get them ???
Last edited by backi on Sun 05 Mar 2017, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.

backi

#368 Post by backi »

Be careful Doctor .........They are coming to take you away ...ha...ha..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxVkAhto0Ag

fredx181

#369 Post by fredx181 »

Always fun to read your crazy conversations :D :D

@backi
But not so fast ..
Yes :wink:
Should work if you load in IsoMaster the latest DD ISO (2016-10-16, assuming you made remaster from that) and replace only 01-filesystem.squashfs and save to new ISO
Only if you used upgrade-kernel (to upgrade linux-image) you should also replace the initrd and vmlinuz files with the new created.

Yes you could do that right away, instead making ISO, only remastered 01-filesystem.squashfs is OK for me to be able to test

I'll answer more later, (feeling tired today)
belham2 wrote:Tell him, Fred, lol, you are dragging him deep into the maddness, lol.....
Ssstt... now that I found a victim you're trying to spoil it :cry: :D

Fred

backi

#370 Post by backi »

Hi fred !
Looked deeper into your " hacked " Bodhi Linux . I was somehow wrong about Moksha .....
Complaining about missing a refresh Desktop possibility ......wrong ....found it in Menu>About Operating System>Reset Moksha
Was wrong also about not combining different Elements from different Themes ......still working .
Cannot figure out any Difference to E17 , maybe there is any ,,,except the Name .
Places Module is included .
Installed Palemoon via installer (not Synaptic )
Some how modified your " Hackings " to a user friendly Bodhi Xenial Dog for Beginners .
Almost ready to go .........if you would put in some missing Modules (one sfs loader is missing in PcmanFm ) it would almost be ready to use .
But without any JWM- OPENBOX Desktop .

The other alternative is to add in your Xenial Dog just the Repository where Moksha Desktop can be found and install Mokshan just to Xenial Dog .
Just modifying .xsession-openbox and .xsession-jwm to make Moksha start at Bootup .
Instructions maybe here :
http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/enlightenme ... 1404-68169
http://forums.bodhilinux.com/index.php? ... untu-1604/

fredx181

#371 Post by fredx181 »

backi wrote:Was wrong also about not combining different Elements from different Themes ......still working .
Cannot figure out any Difference to E17 , maybe there is any ,,,except the Name .
I wonder if the large choice of themes: bodhi-theme-e17-** from here are working properly with the latest Xenial-Moksha desktop
http://packages.bodhilinux.com/bodhi/pool/main/b/
If not, I think E17 might be a better choice. ??
(didn't find much choice of themes in synaptic on BodhiDog)
You probably know more about it, I didn't test much.
The other alternative is to add in your Xenial Dog just the Repository where Moksha Desktop can be found and install Mokshan just to Xenial Dog
Probably that's best and easiest to make it a true "dog" (in case you like to go for Xenial, it's your choice (from the Toy Shop :) ) )
Or E17 in DebianDog

Edit: remember, much is possible, e.g. adding all the bodhi-theme-e17-** .deb packages to the custom DD-jessie repo at github, I can do it, if required, so I would advice you to look first at what would be the ultimate setup first.... ..... ..... then second: "if it's possible".

Fred

backi

#372 Post by backi »

Hi fred !
We should keep to focus on e17 (in Deb Dog AND in Xenial Dog )........there are tons of Themes out there on different location ....myself have quite a large collection of working Themes from different sources .
I am now uploading the remastered 01.filesystem.squashfs (from Debian Dog-Jessie-Openbox_Xfce-Jwm-2016-10-16.iso ) to Dropbox ....will send you the link ....Did not manage to make a bootable Iso .
I am new to Dropbox ......just trying to find out how to use it .
see you :)
Good link you send ...did not know .
[/url]http://packages.bodhilinux.com/bodhi/pool/main/b/[url]

fredx181

#373 Post by fredx181 »

Hi backi here's another way to create an ISO (this is for DebianDog, for XenialDog it should be different)
Install xorriso and isolinux:

Code: Select all

apt-get install xorriso isolinux

extract attached isodata-skel.tar.gz in /root, so then you have /root/isodata folder
add the files:
- 01-filesystem.squashfs
- initrd.img
- jessie-i486.sgn
- initrd1.xz
- vmlinuz1
in /root/isodata/live/

In terminal:

Code: Select all

# set variables of: path to data, label and output path of new iso (or leave like this)
NEWISO=/root/isodata
LABEL=debdog
NAME=/root/My_New_Iso.iso

cd "$NEWISO"
xorriso -as mkisofs -r -J -joliet-long -l -isohybrid-mbr /usr/lib/ISOLINUX/isohdpfx.bin -partition_offset 16 -V "$LABEL" -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -o ${NAME} "$NEWISO"
And you should have a bootable (hybrid) ISO

EDIT: Attacment removed, should contain empty folders, will fix later.
EDIT2: Re-attached, fixed, now includes the empty folders

Fred
Attachments
isodata-skel.tar.gz
ISODATA Skeleton for DebianDog-Jessie (not suitable for Xenialdog)
(157.88 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
Last edited by fredx181 on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 13:04, edited 2 times in total.

backi

#374 Post by backi »

Hi fred !
Going to try later your instructions .
Here is the link to the remastered Squashsf file .
Last edited by backi on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

backi

#375 Post by backi »

Got Iso working.... will upload to Dropbox ..........will send you link ..!!

fredx181

#376 Post by fredx181 »

Hi backi, gonna try your squashfs tonight.
sorry removed the isodata attachement, it should contain empty folders which it doesn't, remember now reading that special command is required for tar including empty forders, have to dig it up and reattach later.

Fred

backi

#377 Post by backi »

removed
Last edited by backi on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 20:30, edited 2 times in total.

fredx181

#378 Post by fredx181 »

backi wrote:Hi fred !

Here is the Iso :
url deleted by request from backi
Maybe also have a look here :
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 326#946326
Thanks,will try tonight, how you managed to make bootable ISO ?
EDIT: I now see looking at the name My_New_Iso.
I assume you know you could have renamed it without consequenses (e.g. Lightened_Dog :) )

Re-attached the isodata-skel.tar.gz (fixed):
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 259#946259

Fred
Last edited by fredx181 on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.

backi

#379 Post by backi »

removed
Last edited by backi on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

backi

#380 Post by backi »

removed
Last edited by backi on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 20:32, edited 2 times in total.