How to use Samsung SCX-4623F with 32 bit Tahrpup? (Solved)

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
rcrsn51

#16 Post by rcrsn51 »

I have checked this several times with clean installs of Tahr64 and the file is absolutely, positively there. So I don't know what is going wrong with your setup.

Relztrah

#17 Post by Relztrah »

Well, I may not have done this correctly, but I found the rastertospl file using pFind and copied it into /usr/lib/cups/filter/ and now the printer is working!

rcrsn51

#18 Post by rcrsn51 »

That's good news, but where did you find the file? It doesn't sound like you actually installed the PET.

Relztrah

#19 Post by Relztrah »

rcrsn51 wrote:That's good news, but where did you find the file? It doesn't sound like you actually installed the PET.
That's entirely possible since I am somewhat of a Puppy Linux newbie and still learning the mechanics. The file was in several locations, but I copied it from /downloads/samsung_print_scan_64bit-uld.1.0.29/opt/smfp-common/printer/bin.

Thank you once again for your patience and helpfulness.

rcrsn51

#20 Post by rcrsn51 »

A PET is an executable installer package. If you LEFT-click on it, the files inside get automatically copied to their correct locations.

It sounds like you somehow downloaded and manually unpacked the package into your /downloads folder but never installed it.

Unfortunately, some web browsers or ISPs get confused by the PET format and turn the package into something else that doesn't work properly. Maybe that's what happened to you.

Does the file that you downloaded have the word "PET" on its icon? Does it have the full name "samsung_print_scan_64bit-uld.1.0.29.pet"?