Wicd Wireless network : XenialDog ... and Puppy Shiba Inu !

Pelo

Wicd Wireless network : XenialDog ... and Puppy Shiba Inu !

#1 Post by Pelo »

Wicd Wireless network .
I am an aficionado of Puppy Linux, and would'nt change. Frisbee generally does the job, but in my opinion, Puppy has to keep a classic tool beside Frisbee.
I am paying a visit to XenialDog, Linux distro said not to be a Puppy. Some people fail to connect with Frisbee, and install Wicd.
My Frisbee in XenialDog operate fine, but i add Wicd to secure. Wicd is easy o use.
I never succeeded in installing Wicd on a Real Puppy. Last topic titled Wicd was for Lucid 5.2.8. So i create this new one for feed-back from our Puppy Forum aficionados.
Josejp2424 provides his Siba Inu (Slacko) with WICD included. That was worth a try.
Attachments
wlp3s0.jpg
kernel 4.4.0-21-generic
(65.06 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
Last edited by Pelo on Wed 19 Apr 2017, 10:18, edited 5 times in total.

Pelo

I will try with xenialpup to check if A Puppy could use Wicd

#2 Post by Pelo »

I will try with xenialpup, to check if A Puppy could use Wicd as XenialDog. I should be possible..
Soon with Pupjibaro (Josep2424)
Last edited by Pelo on Tue 03 Jan 2017, 08:07, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

My Puppies fail to connect.

#3 Post by Pelo »

Wicd with XenialDog save me, on january 01st, 2017. My Puppies fail to connect SFRWIFIFON.
Last edited by Pelo on Sun 28 May 2017, 07:07, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

Topic to wake up our devs,

#4 Post by Pelo »

Topic to wake up our devs, linked to the wall sockets, careless of laptops users, wanting to be unchained, with their puppies, and chidren
When Puppy users have bought antennas to get better wireless connection, they need The Os running with the correct driver for this antenna. Puppy Linux, the best and Sppeedy Linux OS has some compiled by rcrsn51, allowing to take your laptop with you in your car, and spend a nice sunny afternoon.
How can we do with xenialDog, any idea ?
Attachments
ordinateur-portable.jpg
Freedom is coming to all Puppy Linux users, step by step.
(53.48 KiB) Downloaded 341 times

Pelo

dongle Wifi RT2870

#5 Post by Pelo »

dongle Wifi RT2870 driver provided in Forum Puppy Linux,
section francophone, compilers for Puppy users : Médor and rcrsn51
I will try WICD searching wireless in shiba Inu, Puppy Linux from america del sur (JoseJp2424). But via my antenna.. XenialDog wants people to compile themselves. Puppy Linux has few compilers, but they share their work with our thousands of passengers. GNU spirit :!: Merci (Congratulations)

Pelo

WICD will work only if ..

#6 Post by Pelo »

shiba Inu, de josep2424 with screenshots.
Launch WICD in you terminal, don't close, let run :!:
Then launch WICD via the menu, no more errors, your wireless point of connexion appear
Attachments
domingos.jpg
WICD no es mejor, es diferente.
(50.08 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
wicd.jpg
Tested with Shiba Inu, created in America, South America.
(61.1 KiB) Downloaded 297 times

hamoudoudou

Wicd as replacement of Frisbee on DDog Stretch

#7 Post by hamoudoudou »

Wicd as replacement of Frisbee on DDog Stretch from Synaptic Package manager
Attachments
wicd.jpg
files
(21.41 KiB) Downloaded 223 times

hamoudoudou

SFRWIFIFON

#8 Post by hamoudoudou »

SFRWIFIFON is a shared Public network in France.. It works like a public phone.. If you stay with it unused, it will disconnect, to allow people really needing it to use it.
Attachments
SFRWIFIFON.jpg
XenialDog 32 bits
(91.38 KiB) Downloaded 127 times