Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 11 Dec 2017, 00:12
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
RU Xerus64
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 4 of 4 [53 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
slavvo67

PostPosted: Wed 19 Apr 2017, 13:55    Post subject:  

I've decided to dump Firefox. The latest sound fiasco has been enough for me to rethink this. Those with the most recent RU Xerus64 may notice that there are some sound issues. This was because of an additional install in order to get Firefox sound to work but unfortunately, it created issues elsewhere. So Firefox is once again, dead to me as it was once before.

However, RU Xerus64 has the latest Seamonkey and I am adding the latest Palemoon, which are both Firefox or at least Mozilla derivatives.

Also, the latest Iron for those that want the Chromium type browser, which is my favorite of them all.

Update should be coming this weekend.
don570

PostPosted: Thu 20 Apr 2017, 18:34    Post subject:  

I was able to install your pet packages for Red Notebook in
Easy linux. It is 64 bit too.
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=952251#952251
slavvo67

PostPosted: Sat 22 Apr 2017, 23:03    Post subject:  

Hi Don570:

I'm so glad to hear that!! BTW, I just added to my personal RU Xerus64 Unetbootin to the desktop along with Mupen64 and Flash Install. Flash Install is different from the other Flash Installer by who?? Shinobar? I didn't make it and I'm not sure who did but it works quite well and links never stop working for it.

I thought that I would be uploading the new version this weekend but not sure if I'll be getting back into WoofQ in order to remove Firefox and add Palemoon.

Anyway, thanks for the continued input.

Slavvo67
slavvo67

PostPosted: Thu 13 Jul 2017, 15:28    Post subject:  

Just a few quick notes:

Seamonkey 2.46 has been acting up on me a little so curious to see if anyone else using RU Xerus or Quirky Xerus are seeing any problems.

Been using Iron as defalult, now and still pretty happy with that....

Recently, I found the need to use GIMP, so I'm thinking of adding it to the next release. It does have quite a few dependencies, though. Still, a very good tool. Maybe I'll make an .sfs out of it.

Dropped of few of the ideas from previous posts for now. Unetbootin wasn't quite working right and I really didn't see the need to have it anyway.

DEVX Right Click Tools and maybe a few other pets......

This might be a weird idea but I decided to include in the distro some .pet packages that will require click to install. For now, I include DEVX and Right Click Tools under /file/downloads as pets. You can always just delete them but I figure it's nice to not run around looking for them as most will probably want them installed at some point.

Anyway, working on a few other items, as well. Next round should be interesting....
belham2

PostPosted: Thu 13 Jul 2017, 16:59    Post subject:  

slavvo67 wrote:
Just a few quick notes:

Seamonkey 2.46 has been acting up on me a little so curious to see if anyone else using RU Xerus or Quirky Xerus are seeing any problems.

Been using Iron as defalult, now and still pretty happy with that....

Recently, I found the need to use GIMP, so I'm thinking of adding it to the next release. It does have quite a few dependencies, though. Still, a very good tool. Maybe I'll make an .sfs out of it.

Dropped of few of the ideas from previous posts for now. Unetbootin wasn't quite working right and I really didn't see the need to have it anyway.

DEVX Right Click Tools and maybe a few other pets......

This might be a weird idea but I decided to include in the distro some .pet packages that will require click to install. For now, I include DEVX and Right Click Tools under /file/downloads as pets. You can always just delete them but I figure it's nice to not run around looking for them as most will probably want them installed at some point.

Anyway, working on a few other items, as well. Next round should be interesting....

Hi Slavvo,

Re; Seamonkey. Strange, seeing your message just now I had to respond. Now that you mention it, I've been trying Seamonkey 2.46 in some of my woof-CE builds, and for no particular rhyme and/or reason, sometimes it does weird stuff. For example, on one xenial build (testing Barry's hints at fixing the 0setup script, after the build finish and I booted into it, I have no ability with Seamonkey 2.46 to drag and drop a web address to make a new bookmark in the bookmark bar. But on other builds, like Tahrs, I don't see this. Also, I've been playing with Barry's new Quirky 8.1.94 the past few hours, and Seamonkey is version 2.48 there and it is not showing any problems (btw, Barry's new build is dam# gorgeous, and it is the most stable Quirk he's ever put out, imho....lots of little problems we identified in previous versions are all gone and/or fixed).
bigpup

PostPosted: Tue 21 Nov 2017, 12:07    Post subject:  

slavvo67 wrote:
I have recently revisited Wine after initially having no use for it. I guess there are those rare occasions where someone would need a Windows program to run in Linux.

Anyway, I got it running in RU Xerus 64 and I can probably upload the package on Wed. or Thurs. (with combined dependencies).

I think it's wine64, meaning 64 bit version. Don't recall if I got the 32 bit version running, as well but I to have aspirations to do that, too.

Keep an eye on the RU Xerus 64 thread under Puppy Derivatives if you're interested.

Best,

Slavvo67

There are already 64bit and 32bit versions of Wine.
Get them here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=88711

slavvo67

PostPosted: Wed 22 Nov 2017, 14:09    Post subject:  

Thank you, Bigpup! Problem is, which one? And are the dependencies included? I have the 64bit one complete with dependencies for RU Xerus. Looking to get the 32bit one working, as well.
slavvo67

PostPosted: Tue 28 Nov 2017, 23:26    Post subject:  

Okay, I have a 32bit version of Wine working in RUXerus64; but I'm still ironing out some of the kinks. Getting some errors so I'm working them out....
Page 4 of 4 [53 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: