Rationalisation of Woof-CE

News, happenings
jlst

#16 Post by jlst »

Thanks peebee for building a lxpup with the all the changes that have happened... nothing seems to be broken, that's a good sign..

Well, it's working quite well, i don't see any difference. Regarding the fdrv issue, i'll test that in a moment

jlst

#17 Post by jlst »

peebee how about building a tahr lxpup?

jlst

#18 Post by jlst »

Ok, something happens when the fdrv is present, the layered filesystem is updated on every boot..

If if remove the fdrv and reboot.. I see the tray apps start twice. If i reboot again, everything's ok.

gyro

#19 Post by gyro »

jlst wrote:Ok, something happens when the fdrv is present, the layered filesystem is updated on every boot..
The problem is with "sfs_load".
It does not handle fdrv properly. At shutdown it removes the fdrv filename from PREVUNIONRECORD in BOOTCONFIG, making it different again, so next boot does "update" again.
Change "sfs_load" so that it handles the fdrv identical to the adrv, and all should be well.

Sorry, I haven't gotten around to producing a new version of "sfs_load", and am unlikely to do so in the near future.

gyro

jlst

#20 Post by jlst »

Ok, I'll add sfs_load to woofce

peebee

#21 Post by peebee »

/bin/vercmp - needed by /usr/sbin/filemnt has gone missing from rootfs-skeleton.....
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

jlst

#22 Post by jlst »

vercmp is in the slacko i built, so i wonder what happened.. i'll fix this. but i'll update filemnt first