Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 24 Jul 2016, 07:05
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Seamonkey 2.40 problem solved
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
Deacon

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jun 2016, 04:38    Post subject:  Seamonkey 2.40 problem solved
Subject description: "Default browser" choice would not work right

I noticed when I put the latest version of my favorite browser (using the latest X-Slacko), one of the strangest things happened. It would ask if I wanted to make it a default browser for various things as it always does-- but the "OK" button would lock, meaning you hadn't selected the value, and when you start up again, it would "forget" your choice.

Since I beat myself up for it repeatedly, I finally gave up and started using Firefox. Well, going back I realized that almost everything in these Mozilla systems can be fixed through their "about:config" pages, and this is no exception.

If you find yourself experiencing this problem, go to about:config and search for "Shell.checkDefaultClient". Double click to switch it to "false". Problem solved.

In case anyone else had that problem and can't live without their Seamonkey and no, I didn't submit a bug report to Mozilla since it seems the Seamonkey devs are fairly stressed out.

EDIT: AND I fixed a toilet today. I am feeling pretty know-how right about now.
april

PostPosted: Sat 18 Jun 2016, 02:02    Post subject:  

And probably a little smelly too.
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Jump to: