X-Slacko Slim 4.4r49 (unique, stable, and flexible)

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Volhout

Oops

#781 Post by Volhout »

mistfire wrote:@Volhaut.

I already notice that firewall tray problem but it rarely happen. I want to fix that issue on that tray but it was a binary compiled. Im fluent in bash scripting but not in C thing. Can you help to trace that problem in firewall tray source code and fix it. Also if you have time, can you also modify the follwing source code to add a certain features

* whisker-menu read username from a file instead of hardcoding the username in whisker

* pup-volume-monitor show mounted disk image icon and available to disappear once the disk image was unmounted.

Regarding the bluetooth audio dont forget to set the audio output of the player to alsa in order to stream the sound
I would love to....if I had this skill. I am beginning to learn a bit of C in playing with the Arduino, but I am in no way capable of fixing things like this... Sorry. would love to....

Volhout

kuman11

#782 Post by kuman11 »

What's the name of the power app in this X-Slacko?

mistfire

#783 Post by mistfire »

@kuman11 what do you mean power app?

kuman11

#784 Post by kuman11 »

power management, in the tray

mistfire

#785 Post by mistfire »

@kuman11 the battery icon tray is cbatticon while the power icon is ppower

mistfire

#786 Post by mistfire »

New X-Slacko Slim iteration released

* Improved quicksetup
* Improved GUI
* Increase webkitgtk version from 1.8.9 to 1.10.2
* Increase midori browser version from 0.5.8 to 0.5.9

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=19FQQ1 ... ZLpQGhG4qB
MD5 Checksum: a34555b778651afa4dc5325e1f3c1ed9

Language Pack is now available (supports more than 20 languages depending on supported locale on each app)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1J9F0E ... 6czNwK9aAp
Last edited by mistfire on Mon 02 Apr 2018, 09:24, edited 1 time in total.

kuman11

How to change the screen resolution with no Start menu?

#787 Post by kuman11 »

How to change the screen resolution with no Start menu?

mistfire

#788 Post by mistfire »

@kuman11 if you have a file manager just goto /usr/sbin and double-click wizardwizard or just type wizardwizard in terminal a window will show then click display settings

kuman11

#789 Post by kuman11 »

I had been using the wrong res - 1024/600 for my Acer Aspire. Solved it with wizardwizard
Now it 1024/768. Things run much more smoothly.

Thanks

mistfire

#790 Post by mistfire »

Your welcome @kuman

You said that your Start Menu is missing. You can bring it back by right-clicking the Panel. Select Panels > Add New Items. Then select whisker menu

hamoudoudou

X-slacko

#791 Post by hamoudoudou »

X-Slacko Slim 4.4r12 (unique, stable, and flexible) on download from Google Drive, so fast !
Attachments
Chloe.jpg
Chloe will be tried first. Zest is a home-maid Pupplet (Zesty apps and PPM with Bionic Upup as locomotive)
(52.73 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
Last edited by hamoudoudou on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 03:46, edited 1 time in total.

mistfire

#792 Post by mistfire »

@hamoudoudou Im glad to hear it from you. By the way how is the web browsing experience in midori browser?

hamoudoudou

What would be wrong with your Midori ?

#793 Post by hamoudoudou »

What would be wrong with your Midori ? please let me some time to find where to install it. My pendrives are full. One Puppy has to be erased to let place to X-Slim Slacko.. I want to keep revision with Parole working well. I am used to feed back to builder how a Puppy works. It will soon come for yours... Chloe found in ally's shop, xfce precise so pretty, i am with it.. I am not fond of XFCE, but your version was prooving than Slim means that most puppies are too fat with useless stuff and libs and that last versions of Midori are a browser able to do quite as well as Firefox.
I will feed-back until next week
I am so pleased by Chloe..

Nota Bene . X-slim Slacko is linked on my Google Drive. People coming here can see it and test it. Mistfire Productions are sponsored by me. That would not be any Puppy. Casting is very selective.

mistfire

#794 Post by mistfire »

@hamoudoudou as stated on my last release I updated the midori as well as webkitgtk+ to higher version with minimal dependencies.

I try to browse with static pages and it works fine but I can't test it on real internet pages with massive ajax such as facebook and youtube due to very limited bandwidth. I was only renting to a internet cafe in order to upload the X-Slacko Slim 4.4 releases.

mistfire

#795 Post by mistfire »

I'm hit by a sudden luck. I got a free facebook access on my prepaid account so I tested my midori browser and webkitgtk that I compiled on facebook full webpage. Although my broadband connection is slow. I was abled to access my full facebook account unlike previous midori and webkitgtk that only facebook mobile can be accessed. I hope that I can test on youtube and play videos.

I wonder if the midori works quickly, responsive, and nicely on dsl or optical fiber connection?

hamoudoudou

access Facebook

#796 Post by hamoudoudou »

i thought that some Puppy Builders prevent their users to access Facebook on purpose.. I was wrong.. Only 60 years old are permitted.
Survey : Ubuntu users are around 30 years old, Puppy are seniors.
Midori 5.9 : yes i saw that.
Mistfire What is Your name on Facebook , ... Puppy Linux Users one ?
Attachments
Audio Mixer.jpg
users, set audio
(51.22 KiB) Downloaded 979 times
Last edited by hamoudoudou on Mon 09 Apr 2018, 04:40, edited 2 times in total.

hamoudoudou

loading is new,, sfs pouring listed.

#797 Post by hamoudoudou »

loading is new,, sfs pouring listed.. connection ethernet works , wifi no tested.. Midori is your question, tries coming.
You Tube and Facebook first access no trouble. Midori is considered as Chrome, and should be updated, tell us the machine.
Attachments
Dailymotion.jpg
Addons available
(56.94 KiB) Downloaded 898 times
Last edited by hamoudoudou on Mon 09 Apr 2018, 05:07, edited 4 times in total.

hamoudoudou

Poland and hungary XVkbd

#798 Post by hamoudoudou »

virtual keyboard . Poland and hungary have Puppy linux team and;; a virtual keyboard Xvkbd 3.7. If nobody asking for, don't worry.. it is just to know that they exist, with couloured versions.

mistfire

#799 Post by mistfire »

@hamoudoudou Im sorry my facebook account is not yet ready to tell at this moment.

Good to know on youtube and facebook. Does it play youtube videos on midori? Also I noticed that webkitgtk 1.10.2 full screen mode was disabled. I wonder if youtube on midori go full screen play. I compiled webkitgtk 1.11.5 full screen feature is back but it crashed on free facebook page which has no javascripts at all.

The dialog that you saw,was ircp tray it was IrDa applet for receiving files via Infrared

I wonder why the script starts even there is no irda found on your computer?

hamoudoudou

infrared ???

#800 Post by hamoudoudou »

infrared :( well , in the future perhaps. You are wondering wy this GUI appears, frightening users, are you ?
Better to delete that.. Slim would deal with infrared and bluetooth when nobody get this working with any Puppy Linux, even big ones ?
PTape : Slim is exploring even tapes. I can check that.. For fun or nervous breakdown.. I got succes with transfer songs from old tapes with my Puppy Linux and Precord. Then i stop it. It is better to download again songs, from your preferred on line site as Music-bazaar,
Fullscreen You Tube with Midori : Seems unavailable.
Last edited by hamoudoudou on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.