Puppy Package Manager (modified) v3.0

Core libraries and systems
mikeslr

#61 Post by mikeslr »

FWIW, under Xenialpup64 I opened /usr/local/petget/pkg_chooser.sh in geany. It says it's version 2.0.

Couldn't figure any other way as command line told me nothing.

rockedge

#62 Post by rockedge »

after installation on a Bionic32-v8 the PPM fails to function correctly. The PPM starts and the gui runs but the package search function does nothing and eventually a combination will work and show packages which when selected do not appear in the lower window and can not be installed

mistfire

#63 Post by mistfire »

Thanks @rockedge. I will try to figure it out the problem.

rockedge

#64 Post by rockedge »

@mistfire

Nice!! I use it and would like to include it in some remasters

greengeek

#65 Post by greengeek »

For some reason I can't access Google drive. Any other links elsewhere i could try?
cheers!

ally

#66 Post by ally »

greengeek

#67 Post by greengeek »

Thanks Ally!
Here is how the PPM3 looks for me on Slacko 5.6 derivative:

Icon missing and 3x OK buttons - unclear what they do. Also says PPM V2 rather than V3. Am i seeing the same as others see?

Will test functionality more over next few days.

One thing I liked about PPM1 was the ability to select "search all repositories". I don't see that option in PPM2 or PPM3.
Attachments
PPM3_experimental.jpg
(26.89 KiB) Downloaded 397 times

Mike Walsh

#68 Post by Mike Walsh »

GG:-

I think you'll find that the 'search all repositories' thing is enabled automatically now. In other words, it's the default behaviour, as opposed to the way it used to work.

Mike. :wink:

OscarTalks

#69 Post by OscarTalks »

All of the directories and sub-directories in the package have the SGID bit in Properties showing as checked. Not sure if this is a problem but it is not normal and installing the package will overwrite the system directories in the same way.

The version number can easily be changed, it is defined near the top of the /usr/local/petget/pkg_chooser.sh script. Edit this to show the correct version in the window.
Attachments
ppm-mod-dirs-sgid.jpg
Unusual to see the SGID bit checked like this ??
(116.04 KiB) Downloaded 361 times
ppm-mod-version.jpg
Version number edited. Icons OK in remastered Wheezy
(74.83 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
Oscar in England

s243a

#70 Post by s243a »

I think this pet is missing some files -- which I'll have to copy from x-slacko slim'. For instance I don't have the following:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/petget/configure.sh: line 209: /var/local/petget/si_category: No such file or directory
/usr/local/petget/configure.sh: line 214: /var/local/petget/bb_category: No such file or directory
/usr/local/petget/configure.sh: line 218: /var/local/petget/ui_choice: No such file or directory
/usr/local/petget/configure.sh: line 226: /var/local/petget/nt_category: No such file or directory
/usr/local/petget/configure.sh: line 232: /var/local/petget/rd_category: No such file or directory
/usr/local/petget/configure.sh: line 237: /var/local/petget/nd_category: No such file or directory 
and I'm also missing:

/usr/local/bin/ppm: line 788: /usr/sbin/indexgen.sh: No such file or directory 
I also had to copy the following file from x-slacko slim:

/usr/sbin/printcols
/woof-next/woof-code/rootfs-packages/ppm-mod-3.0_patch/usr/sbin

Note that I am doing this on a custom build system and I first didn't install the standard puppy package manager. Some comments that I have start at the following post:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 82#1030382

Edit: Anyway, I'll add these missing files to my system tomorrow and see if I can get it working :)
Find me on [url=https://www.minds.com/ns_tidder]minds[/url] and on [url=https://www.pearltrees.com/s243a/puppy-linux/id12399810]pearltrees[/url].

s243a

#71 Post by s243a »

Here is some debugging output:

+ grep -v '^$' /tmp/petget-proc/petget_installed_patterns
+ mv -f /tmp/petget-proc/petget_installed_patterns-tmp /tmp/petget-proc/petget_installed_patterns
+ fprPTN='s%$%|devuan-ascii-contrib%'
++ cut -f 1,4,5 -d '|'
++ grep --file=/tmp/petget-proc/petget_installed_patterns -v /tmp/petget-proc/petget_fltrd_repo_a-z0-9_Desktop_Anytype_Packages-devuan-ascii-contrib
++ sed -e 's%$%|devuan-ascii-contrib%'
+ FPR='|devuan-ascii-contrib'
+ '[' '|devuan-ascii-contrib' = '|devuan-ascii-contrib' ']'
+ echo -n ''
+ '[' -f /tmp/petget-proc/petget/filterpkgs.results.tmp ']'
+ IFS=
+ read -r line
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ mv -f /tmp/petget-proc/petget/filterpkgs.results.tmp /tmp/petget-proc/petget/filterpkgs.results
mv: cannot stat '/tmp/petget-proc/petget/filterpkgs.results.tmp': No such file or directory
+ /usr/local/petget/postfilterpkgs.sh
The related code (around line 158 to 180of /usr/local/petget/filterpkgs.sh):

FPR="`grep --file=/tmp/petget-proc/petget_installed_patterns -v /tmp/petget-proc/petget_fltrd_repo_${PKG_FIRST_CHAR}_${fltrCATEGORY}_${xDEFGUIFILTER}_Packages-${fltrREPO_TRIAD} | cut -f 1,4,5 -d '|' | sed -e "$fprPTN"`"
if  [ "$FPR" = "|${fltrREPO_TRIAD}" ];then
 echo -n "" > /tmp/petget-proc/petget/filterpkgs.results #nothing.
else
 echo "$FPR" > /tmp/petget-proc/petget/filterpkgs.results
fi

if [ -f /tmp/petget-proc/petget/filterpkgs.results.tmp ]; then
 rm -f /tmp/petget-proc/petget/filterpkgs.results.tmp
fi

while IFS='' read -r line || [[ -n $line ]]
	do

pkgname=`echo "$line" | cut -f 1 -d "|"`
		reponame=`echo "$line" | cut -f 4 -d "|"`

echo "$line|$pkgname#$reponame" >> /tmp/petget-proc/petget/filterpkgs.results.tmp

done < /tmp/petget-proc/petget/filterpkgs.results

mv -f /tmp/petget-proc/petget/filterpkgs.results.tmp /tmp/petget-proc/petget/filterpkgs.results

#...'pkgname|category|description|repo-triad' has been written to /tmp/petget-proc/petget/filterpkgs.results for main gui.

#120515 post-filter /tmp/petget-proc/petget/filterpkgs.results.post according to EXE,DEV,DOC,NLS checkboxes...
/usr/local/petget/postfilterpkgs.sh
Note that the following patter looks wrong:to me:

+ fprPTN='s%$%|devuan-ascii-contrib%' 
because of the -contrib at the end. I think this because this wouldn't be a general pattern and instead only refers to a specific repo.
Find me on [url=https://www.minds.com/ns_tidder]minds[/url] and on [url=https://www.pearltrees.com/s243a/puppy-linux/id12399810]pearltrees[/url].

s243a

#72 Post by s243a »

The following code doesn't seem to be being executed but I'm flagging it because the space before the extension looks wrong to me:..but perhaps this is due to something I don't know about ash.

lines 216 to 226 /usr/local/petget/0setup

xDLFILE="`basename $DLFILE .gz`" #actually it's a tarball: core.db.tar.gz, extra.db.tar.gz, community.db.tar.gz
      rm -rf sandbox0 2>/dev/null
      mkdir sandbox0
      cd sandbox0
      tar xzf "../$DLFILE"
      RETSTAT=$?
      cd ..
      if [ $RETSTAT -eq 0 ];then
       rm -f "$DLFILE"
       xxDLFILE="`basename $DLFILE .db.tar.gz`" #this will be core, extra, community  130306
I personally would use curly brackets instead of spaces like:

xxDLFILE="`basename ${DLFILE}.db.tar.gz`" #this will be core, extra, 
but this isn't even necessary becauses dots (i.e. ".") aren't part of variable names.

s243a

#73 Post by s243a »

Nothing looks wrong in the following code, I'm just trying to follow the process on how the repo file gets filtered.

Line#68 to #74 of /usr/local/petget/filterpkgs.sh

#which repo...
FIRST_DB="`ls -1 /root/.packages/repo/Packages-${DISTRO_BINARY_COMPAT}-${DISTRO_COMPAT_VERSION}* | head -n 1 | rev | cut -f 1 -d '/' | rev | cut -f 2-4 -d '-'`"
fltrREPO_TRIAD="$FIRST_DB" #ex: slackware-12.2-official
#or, a selection was made in the main gui (pkg_chooser.sh)...
[ -f /tmp/petget-proc/petget/current-repo-triad ] && fltrREPO_TRIAD="`cat /tmp/petget-proc/petget/current-repo-triad`"

REPO_FILE="`find /root/.packages -type f -name "Packages-${fltrREPO_TRIAD}*" | head -n 1`"
Note that in current-repo-triad, I have the following value, "devuan-ascii-contrib", but this will very depending on which DB one has selected. Also note that the repo files are located in /var/packages/repo. Find will find these because it searches recursively.

s243a

#74 Post by s243a »

Going down a further the code which sets the variable "FLTRD_REPO" doesn't seem to be being called. This suggests to me that either DISTRO_BINARY_COMPAT isn't being exported or DISTRO_SPECS isn't being scourced, if I call, pkg_chooser.sh directly. Here is the code that should set "FLTRD_REPO"

Line #89 to #103 of /usr/local/petget/filterpkgs.sh

#find pkgs in db starting with $PKG_FIRST_CHAR and by distro and category...
#each line: pkgname|nameonly|version|pkgrelease|category|size|path|fullfilename|dependencies|description|
#optionally on the end: compileddistro|compiledrelease|repo| (fields 11,12,13)
#filter the repo pkgs by first char and category, also extract certain fields...
#w017 filter out all 'lib' pkgs, too many for gtkdialog (ubuntu/debian only)...
#w460 filter out all 'language-' pkgs, too many (ubuntu/debian)...
if [ ! -f /tmp/petget-proc/petget_fltrd_repo_${PKG_FIRST_CHAR}_${fltrCATEGORY}_${xDEFGUIFILTER}_Packages-${fltrREPO_TRIAD} ];then
 case $DISTRO_BINARY_COMPAT in
  ubuntu|debian|devuan|raspbian)
   FLTRD_REPO="`printcols $REPO_FILE 1 2 3 5 10 6 9 | grep -v -E '^lib|^language\\-' | grep -i "^[${PKG_FIRST_CHAR}]" | grep "$categoryPATTERN" | grep -i ${EXCPARAM} -E "$guiPTN" | sed -e 's%||$%|unknown|%'`" #130330  130331 ignore case.
  ;;
  *)
   FLTRD_REPO="`printcols $REPO_FILE 1 2 3 5 10 6 9 | grep -i "^[${PKG_FIRST_CHAR}]" | grep "$categoryPATTERN" | grep -i ${EXCPARAM} -E "$guiPTN" | sed -e 's%||$%|unknown|%'`" #130330  130331 ignore case.
  ;;
 esac

wiak

#75 Post by wiak »

@s243a:

You don't seem to be getting much response from whoever wrote the code. I thought you were going to be using sc0ttman's pkg, but is this a fork of PPM by mistfire?

wiak

s243a

#76 Post by s243a »

wiak wrote:@s243a:

You don't seem to be getting much response from whoever wrote the code. I thought you were going to be using sc0ttman's pkg, but is this a fork of PPM by mistfire?

wiak
Probably in the long run I'll use sc0ttman's version but there are things about mistfire's version I like and in the short term, "for experimental purposes", I'm going to see if I can make them play nice together :)

s243a

#77 Post by s243a »

s243a wrote:Going down a further the code which sets the variable "FLTRD_REPO" doesn't seem to be being called. This suggests to me that either DISTRO_BINARY_COMPAT isn't being exported or DISTRO_SPECS isn't being scourced, if I call, pkg_chooser.sh directly. Here is the code that should set "FLTRD_REPO"

#each line: pkgname|nameonly|version|pkgrelease|category|size|path|fullfilename|dependencies|description|
#filter the repo pkgs by first char and category, also extract certain fields...
if [ ! -f /tmp/petget-proc/petget_fltrd_repo_${PKG_FIRST_CHAR}_${fltrCATEGORY}_${xDEFGUIFILTER}_Packages-${fltrREPO_TRIAD} ];then
   FLTRD_REPO="`printcols $REPO_FILE 1 2 3 5 10 6 9 | grep -v -E '^lib|^language\\-' | grep -i "^[${PKG_FIRST_CHAR}]" | grep "$categoryPATTERN" | grep -i ${EXCPARAM} -E "$guiPTN" | sed -e 's%||$%|unknown|%'`" #130330  130331 ignore case.
  ;;
  *)
   FLTRD_REPO="`printcols $REPO_FILE 1 2 3 5 10 6 9 | grep -i "^[${PKG_FIRST_CHAR}]" | grep "$categoryPATTERN" | grep -i ${EXCPARAM} -E "$guiPTN" | sed -e 's%||$%|unknown|%'`" #130330  130331 ignore case.
  ;;
 esac
I managed to find some associated output for degugging:

+ FIRST_DB=devuan-ascii-contrib
+ fltrREPO_TRIAD=devuan-ascii-contrib
+ '[' -f /tmp/petget-proc/petget/current-repo-triad ']'
+ REPO_FILE=
+ '[' System ']'
+ fltrCATEGORY=System
+ echo System
+ categoryPATTERN='|System[;|]'
+ '[' System = ALL ']'
+ '[' '!' -f /tmp/petget-proc/petget_fltrd_repo_a-z0-9_System_Anytype_Packages-devuan-ascii-contrib ']'
++ cut -f 2 -d '|' /tmp/petget-proc/petget_fltrd_repo_a-z0-9_System_Anytype_Packages-devuan-ascii-contrib
++ sed -e 's%^%|%' -e 's%$%|%'
+ shortPATTERN='||'
+ echo '||'
++ grep --file=/tmp/petget-proc/petget_shortlist_patterns
++ cat /root/.packages/layers-installed-packages /root/.packages/user-installed-packages
Note that I'm calling pkg_chooser.sh directly.

Some comments:
REPO_FILE is set in line #74 of pkgchooser.sh

REPO_FILE="`find /root/.packages -type f -name "Packages-${fltrREPO_TRIAD}*" | head -n 1`"
I think I found the bug here (not tested yet).

/root/.packages is symlinked to /var/packages. Find will not follow symlinks unless you tell it to. We can either use the realpath function to get the realpath or provide find with the command line options to follow symlinks. I'm not sure which method is the most efficient portable way to do this. I suggest using realpath.

Edit: The following works for me:

find "`realpath /root/.packages`" -name 'Packages-devuan-ascii-contrib*'
so the modified command should be something like:

REPO_FILE="$(find "`realpath /root/.packages`" -type f -name "Packages-${fltrREPO_TRIAD}"'*' | head -n 1)"

s243a

#78 Post by s243a »

s243a wrote:
s243a wrote:Going down a further the code which sets the variable "FLTRD_REPO" doesn't seem to be being called. This suggests to me that either DISTRO_BINARY_COMPAT isn't being exported or DISTRO_SPECS isn't being scourced, if I call, pkg_chooser.sh directly. Here is the code that should set "FLTRD_REPO"

;;
  *)
  ;;
 esac
I managed to find some associated output for degugging:

+ FIRST_DB=devuan-ascii-contrib
+ fltrREPO_TRIAD=devuan-ascii-contrib
+ '[' -f /tmp/petget-proc/petget/current-repo-triad ']'
+ REPO_FILE=
+ '[' System ']'
+ fltrCATEGORY=System
+ echo System
+ categoryPATTERN='|System[;|]'
+ '[' System = ALL ']'
+ '[' '!' -f /tmp/petget-proc/petget_fltrd_repo_a-z0-9_System_Anytype_Packages-devuan-ascii-contrib ']'
++ cut -f 2 -d '|' /tmp/petget-proc/petget_fltrd_repo_a-z0-9_System_Anytype_Packages-devuan-ascii-contrib
++ sed -e 's%^%|%' -e 's%$%|%'
+ shortPATTERN='||'
+ echo '||'
++ grep --file=/tmp/petget-proc/petget_shortlist_patterns
++ cat /root/.packages/layers-installed-packages /root/.packages/user-installed-packages
Note that I'm calling pkg_chooser.sh directly.

Some comments:
REPO_FILE is set in line #74 of pkgchooser.sh

I think I found the bug here (not tested yet).

/root/.packages is symlinked to /var/packages. Find will not follow symlinks unless you tell it to. We can either use the realpath function to get the realpath or provide find with the command line options to follow symlinks. I'm not sure which method is the most efficient portable way to do this. I suggest using realpath.

Edit: The following works for me:

find "`realpath /root/.packages`" -name 'Packages-devuan-ascii-contrib*'
so the modified command should be something like:

REPO_FILE="$(find "`realpath /root/.packages`" -type f -name "Packages-${fltrREPO_TRIAD}"'*' | head -n 1)"
I partially tested this. For this fix to work, one must first delete /tmp/proc-petget
** alternatively updating the package databases might work (not sure).

After doing this fix, items now display properly in mistfire's version of the ppm. I haven't tried installing anything with it yet.

Note that the puppy package manager doesn't update the list of files (filtered by catagory)
(e.g. /tmp/proc/petget_fltrd_repo_a-z0-9_Desktop_Anytype_Packages-devuan-ascii-contrib)
unless the file doesn't exist. Deleting the file if it is empty might be a sensible thing to do.

Also a lot of processing work is stored in the tmp folder .I'm not sure if any of this is saved in the save file. Doing so (if not done already) might make the package manager a bit faster on initial load.

s243a

#79 Post by s243a »

The following command shows that there are a few more places that I should make this fix:

# grep -rn . -e 'find' | grep -F '/root/.packages'
./usr/sbin/puppy-get:2438: possiblePKGS=`find /root/.packages/package-files -type f -iname "$firstchar*.files"`
./usr/local/petget/0setup:695:dbfound="$(find /root/.packages -maxdepth 1 -name 'Packages-*')" 
./usr/local/petget/removepreview.sh:185: possiblePKGS=`find /root/.packages/package-files -type f -iname "$firstchar*.files"`
./usr/local/petget/filterpkgs.sh:73:REPO_FILE="`find /root/.packages -type f -name "Packages-${fltrREPO_TRIAD}*" | head -n 1`"
./usr/bin/rebuild-pkg-dir:54:	if [ "$(find /root/.packages -maxdepth 1 -name '*.files')" != "" ]; then
./usr/bin/rebuild-pkg-dir:60:	if [ "$(find /root/.packages -maxdepth 1 -name '*.files')" != "" ]; then
./usr/bin/rebuild-pkg-dir:72:	if [ "$(find /root/.packages -maxdepth 1 -name 'Packages-*')" != "" ]; then
./usr/bin/rebuild-pkg-dir:78:	if [ "$(find /root/.packages -maxdepth 1 -name 'Packages-*')" != "" ]; then
./usr/bin/rebuild-pkg-dir:102:	if [ "$(find /root/.packages -maxdepth 1 -name '*.remove')" != "" ]; then
./usr/bin/rebuild-pkg-dir:108:	if [ "$(find /root/.packages -maxdepth 1 -name '*.remove')" != "" ]; then
Edit:

I made these changes on github in commit 9e2ecf148350e9c53012668b8c69a7b584ee04a8 (not tested yet). Unfortunately, github doesn't show my changes very well because I added the entire file that I'm patching and therefore there is no previous file to compare to.

s243a

#80 Post by s243a »

I'm not sure if the following is being done by ppm v3.0 or sc0tmann's pkg but some process seems to be moving all my files out of the /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/ folder.

/ # pkg -i -f ppm-mod-3.0.pet
ash: -f: unknown operand
Install package ppm-mod-3.0:  
cat: /root/.packages/ppm-mod-3.0.files: No such file or directory
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/X11' and '/usr/lib/X11' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/avahi' and '/usr/lib/avahi' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/awk' and '/usr/lib/awk' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dbus-1.0' and '/usr/lib/dbus-1.0' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dconf' and '/usr/lib/dconf' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/engines-1.1' and '/usr/lib/engines-1.1' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/file' and '/usr/lib/file' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gawk' and '/usr/lib/gawk' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gcc' and '/usr/lib/gcc' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gconv' and '/usr/lib/gconv' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0' and '/usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gettext' and '/usr/lib/gettext' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gio' and '/usr/lib/gio' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/glib-2.0' and '/usr/lib/glib-2.0' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/glib-networking' and '/usr/lib/glib-networking' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gtk-2.0' and '/usr/lib/gtk-2.0' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gtk-3.0' and '/usr/lib/gtk-3.0' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gtkdialog' and '/usr/lib/gtkdialog' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/i386-linux-gnu' and '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/imlib2' and '/usr/lib/imlib2' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/jwm' and '/usr/lib/jwm' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/krb5' and '/usr/lib/krb5' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgtk-3-0' and '/usr/lib/libgtk-3-0' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgtk2.0-0' and '/usr/lib/libgtk2.0-0' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libvte9' and '/usr/lib/libvte9' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/locale' and '/usr/lib/locale' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mc' and '/usr/lib/mc' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mime' and '/usr/lib/mime' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/openssl-1.0.2' and '/usr/lib/openssl-1.0.2' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl' and '/usr/lib/perl' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl-base' and '/usr/lib/perl-base' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl5' and '/usr/lib/perl5' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkgconfig' and '/usr/lib/pkgconfig' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pm-utils' and '/usr/lib/pm-utils' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/python2.7' and '/usr/lib/python2.7' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/python3' and '/usr/lib/python3' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/sasl2' and '/usr/lib/sasl2' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/ssl' and '/usr/lib/ssl' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/systemd' and '/usr/lib/systemd' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/tar' and '/usr/lib/tar' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/tmpfiles.d' and '/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/urxvt' and '/usr/lib/urxvt' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/xorg' and '/usr/lib/xorg' are the same file
cp: '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/xtables' and '/usr/lib/xtables' are the same file
cat: /root/.packages/ppm-mod-3.0.files: No such file or directory
Error: ppm-mod-3.0 may not have installed correctly.
the first time this happened the move wasn't complete and so I symlinked each folder that was moved to the new location with the following function:
/woof-next/woof-code/rootfs-packages/fix_symlinks/usr/bin/fix_symlinks

This time the whole i386-linux-gnu folder seems to be replaced with a symlink. I know this is standard puppy to do this but maybe there is a reason that Debian/Devaun creates the i386-linux-gnu folder (e.g. to separate architectures on multi architecture systems).

I don't see anything in the pinstall.sh script that would cause this move of directories but perhaps I'm missing something.