Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 19 Oct 2017, 14:26
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Cutting edge
VR Puppy ?possible?
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
scsijon

PostPosted: Mon 15 Aug 2016, 01:55    Post subject:  VR Puppy ?possible?  

I wonder if....

Using a VR (gaming) headset as your video out / 7.1 sound out / microphone in.
Using a wireless wrist/arm keypad/touchpad for your keypad and 'mouse' functions. Take a bit of training but....
Using a sbc like the beagleboard to do the processing in a waste belt canister with a decent laptop battery system for power.
Using a Memory Stick/Card or two for your storage media.

Definately possible as far as hardware is concerned, but is puppy software ready for the idea.
learnhow2code

PostPosted: Mon 15 Aug 2016, 06:57    Post subject: Re: VR Puppy ?possible?  

scsijon wrote:
Definately possible as far as hardware is concerned, but is puppy software ready for the idea.

if you get a hardware setup going with an sbc that puppy is compatible with, i figure puppy can handle the rest.

sometimes the main thing in the way of such a distro is finding all the drivers required.

theoretically theres no reason you couldnt take such a setup and add the necessary distribution/drivers to woof-ce, then use that to build a puppy for it. which sbcs are known to work with puppy?
scsijon

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug 2016, 00:06    Post subject: Re: VR Puppy ?possible?  

learnhow2code wrote:
if you get a hardware setup going with an sbc that puppy is compatible with, i figure puppy can handle the rest.

sometimes the main thing in the way of such a distro is finding all the drivers required.

theoretically theres no reason you couldnt take such a setup and add the necessary distribution/drivers to woof-ce, then use that to build a puppy for it. which sbcs are known to work with puppy?

The Pi comes first to mind of course, but I was wondering if BarryK's Maru puppy (see his blog) would not be a better candidate as everything other than the 'video' would (maybe) be able to live in the phone part.

And having a look at VR prices, there is a few decent ones out there at around $100 now so a 'play' is I think due soon (when I can sort out my QT5libgui5.7 building problem)!

Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Cutting edge
Jump to: