Must use Matrox G400 video card at low res; no audio

Booting, installing, newbie
Alberto

Must use Matrox G400 video card at low res; no audio

#1 Post by Alberto »

Hello!
Since a few days I am using PuppyLinux1.0.3. As a beginner I am getting acquainted with it (It's nice!).
Today "Puppy Hardware Probe" gave me this message:
No info found about the device 109e. 878 (MULTIMEDIA - OTHER)! Also read Modules HOWTO
Please send a snapshot of this window to puppy@goosee.com
No info found about the device 12eb. 2 (AUDIO)! Also read Modules HOWTO
Please send a snapshot of this window to puppy@goosee.com
So I sent the snapshot requested but the delivery failed as puppy@goosee.com is a wrong email address.
So, I decided to let it know to this Forum.
This is an opportunity to me, also, to let you know that PuppyLinux1.0.3 doesn't support completely my "Matrox Millennium G400" Video Card (which is supported by Linux) as maximum resolution allowed is 800x600x24, giving, also, with that resolution a very evident cushion distortion, so, if you want to eliminate it, you have to work with 640x480x24, while I usually work with a resolution of 1024x768x32, 75 Hz refresh rate (max. allowed 1280x1024x32).
Besides, my "Aureal Vortex au 8830" Sound Card is not recognized by PuppyLinux. That sound card is not supported by Linux, but it is supported by ALSA.
So, I think there should be a way to make the two of them working fine, but my Linux knowledge is very low.
I would be grateful to you, then, if you gave me some advice to fix such problem.
With kind regards,
Alberto