Puppy, no usb2?

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
An3Azz

Puppy, no usb2?

#1 Post by An3Azz »

Hi everybody.

I have a pcmica usb2 card (Zonet 2200) It has Via chipset, and Puppy 1.09CE, when I connect my drive to the card I only get usb1 transfer speed. Anyone got some ideas why?

Tried solutions described here http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.php?t=3342

It only causes my drive to stop responding, when I run the modprobe command MUT hangs and I cant mount the drive.

fluxit

#2 Post by fluxit »

You might want to try one of the 2.x versions of Puppy to see you get a more satisfactory result. The usb support in the 2.6> kernels is better in some ways than that which is present in 2.4.x kernels.

An3Azz

#3 Post by An3Azz »

fluxit wrote:You might want to try one of the 2.x versions of Puppy to see you get a more satisfactory result. The usb support in the 2.6> kernels is better in some ways than that which is present in 2.4.x kernels.
Yes I would but, I can't get it to install, so therefore I'm stuck with 1.09. When I try to install 2.02 it does'nt let me choose the partition to install to even. Something is very wrong, tried it yesterday and ended up sittin 6 hours and trying to install 2.02 to harddrive, but no sucess, 1.09 installed without any problems. So I need to get usb2 working in 1.09, but how :D

Béèm

#4 Post by Béèm »

An3Azz,
Why don't you try the livecd first to see how things are working, before doing a HD install.
That's how I started to evaluate Puppy 2 before deciding to do a HD install and by creating a Pup_save file I am still running the LiveCD without loosing personal info.
Puppy Linux 2.02 SMkey, KDE354mini, wine0.9.20, devx-qt-renamed.
Puppy Linux 2.10r1 SMkey, JWM, devx_qt_renamed_210, KDE355mini