Best way to copy over data to new hdd?

Using applications, configuring, problems
bigpup

#31 Post by bigpup »

Wonder if just making two partitions, each no larger than 2TB, would still give you MBR :idea:

I would want several partitions on that large a drive, just to make partition and file system checking faster.

I have a 1TB drive and put 10 partitions on it.
Error checks are quick, when the process does not have to look at 1TB of data, only what is on the specific partition it is checking.
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

nubc

#32 Post by nubc »

Too late now, I just spent 10 hours copying data to the new drive containing a single partition. I briefly considered what you are suggesting and decided to tackle the size limitation head-on. Usually, when I set up after a reboot, before I restore multiple windows of FF, I always manually mount the data partitions first, creating at least two instances of each partition in case I have to move data within the partition with ROX. In practice I open a total of 5 instances of data partitions, each instance with its own customary purpose, all of which occupy the left half of the task bar. The task bar fills up completely when I restore 4 or 5 windows of FF. Four is the practical limit of running FF windows, but I get lazy and carry a 5th window at my peril (likely crash). If I added more partitions as you suggested, the task bar would get too crowded for this habitual practice.