DebianDog - Jessie - Continued

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
saintless

#406 Post by saintless »

fredx181 wrote:Unfortunately I don't have the (moderator) power to block you and anikin from posting in the threads I start(ed). I'd do it if I could.
Then open your own forum Fred and start your own project based on your own ideas and your own work. Or find another project to hijack. Or move the scripts you stamped your name on elsewhere and claim there you are the sole author.
It is easy enough to remove your work from any Dog based project. All it takes is:

Code: Select all

apt-get purge yad
It will remove much more than your own work but still will be very good Dog based system. Much more closer to Debian/Ubuntu and much more stable.

Every contribution counts and deserve credit because it is always useful for someone. No matter if it is included code, idea or written how-to for something project related. Community work means free open source license and no shareholders.
You asked me to come back and again I had to do the dirty job to fix the results of your ignorance. You are welcome as usual.

Toni

saintless

#407 Post by saintless »

Hi William.
mcewanw wrote:As I thought... not a damned thing created in that above list. I'm not denying that anyone can google or ask for others to create things for inclusion. I don't really care that he created nothing, but I always found his pontifications and rude trolling intolerable and definitely very destructive. Suit yourself the friends you 'adopt'.
I will repeat again:
Every contribution counts and deserve credit because it is always useful for someone. No matter if it is included code, idea or written how-to for something project related. Community work means free open source license and no shareholders.
I guess it is indeed best we all just work on our own now.
Yes, for now at least. I have no plans to upload new iso images. They include community work and it is hard to decide alone what to remove or change. I will provide maintain package to change what I think is best for user install choice for the original Dog versions. Hopefuly they will be really self maintained after that. And this will be all from me for the community project. If you like me to leave the github organisation after that or now I will do it. I will continue to work only on my personal projects later anyway.

Toni

anikin

#408 Post by anikin »

dancytron wrote: ... That's where I am at this point too. I have no desire to participate in any way in any project that Saintless or anikin are a part of...

Devastating!
This dancer has been chasing me all over the forum recently, demanding I dance with her.
I said no! She's nipping at my heels now.
Should I yield to her demands? Or, should I continue to deny her the pleasure of a human touch?

zagreb999

compliments to dancytron

#409 Post by zagreb999 »

"Fred, As I told you by PM, I urge you to fork at least part of this project, exclude Saintless and Anikin from participating, and be done with this foolishness."

all interventions from these persons, mentioned from dancytron,
do not have any value!!!

compliments to dancytron

fredx181

#410 Post by fredx181 »

saintless wrote:I will repeat again:
Every contribution counts and deserve credit because it is always useful for someone.
Some "contrIbutions" deserve no credit and really are the opposite of being useful.
Open your eyes!
Perhaps you and I speak again, let's say, 10 years later and you will be older and -maybe- wiser, but I doubt that.

anikin

#411 Post by anikin »

Forget about contributions, they are meaningless in the current context.

Fork it guys, why don't you do it? I gave you a list of nice fork names. Just keep in mind: *The Fork Will Be A Dicey Option*. Fred can NOT use the brand name, the most valuable part of the project - *DebianDog*. Neither can he use the name XenialDog, as it was sidetracked as a subproject under the auspices of DebianDog. The whole parasitic construct of The DD Organization/Doggie Website/Hall of Fame will become absolutely irrelevant. The only available options for you are these: 1) You continue to besmirch the name of the project's creator and piss against the wind and achieve nothing. 2) You re-unite with reality, address your anger-management/hatred(stupidty) issues and crawl back under the DD Tent ... and won't achieve much either. In both scenarios, you will not have what you have already squandered - User Support.

The real significance of DebianDog is this: The future of Puppy Linux depends on it. Under the current, woof system Puppy has absolutely no future. It can only survive if it adopts The DD Model. Think about it when you are badmouthing Toni's (saintless) name. He isn't perfect, but he has already secured himself a place in the history of Linux. Fred and mcewanw are not perfect either, but history has no place for them.

Moat

#412 Post by Moat »

dancytron wrote:That's where I am at this point too. I have no desire to participate in any way in any project that Saintless or anikin are a part of.
+1 on this sentiment. Either of these arrogant malevolents would not have lasted even a week without being permanently banned on any of the numerous forums I've participated in over many years... regardless of their contribution. Ego-driven trolls of the highest order, and a disgusting thorn in the side of the community. :cry:

Bob

backi

#413 Post by backi »

Hi anikin !
I am not someone who can easily be shocked ..... Now i am .
Far out ....your vicious accusations .This is really bad style . .Your are leaving the realms of reality .
Welcome to planet anikin .
The whole parasitic construct of The DD Organization/Doggie Website/Hall of Fame will become absolutely irrelevant .etc ...
Where to find this imaginary "Hall of Fame " ......it`s just a construct of your own distorted imagination.Stop chasing phantoms....Don Quijote .

Why playing Toni`s self-proclaimed lawyer ? Did Toni ,your hero , ask for that ?
I doubt it .
Agent provocateur.... pothouse politician...you are just looking for trouble .
You will neither help Toni nor anybody else.... .Can`t you see what damage you do to Toni and the whole "project"......what`s your aim? Stop your militant mission/crusade..... mainly against fred.....stop running brainless amok .
You are not part of a solution ,you are a part of the problem .

puppytahruser

A suggestion

#414 Post by puppytahruser »

I have a suggestion. Why not saintless and fredx181 have two different dog like freddog### or saintdog#### . We the user will decide which one we use. As for contribution linux itself build from so many contributer. kernel from one,libc from other, x11 from other,so many window managment,devian,ubuntu so many contributor. So everyone contribution resulted linux and its the power of linux. So I hope my suggestion may help. We are just user who want to use various linux distribution which work perfectly for us. thanks to puppy community for providing such a beautiful puppy linux distro. :)

belham2

#415 Post by belham2 »

Again....AGAIN? Back to the same ole sh!t?

If the intent was to destroy all users/contributors interest in any sort of dog-related project, you all can consider it mission accomplished where I am concerned.

Every time I open one of these dog-related threads, I just cannot believe the behavior. Can only be summed up by this picture.

No more. Best of luck all.
Attachments
will-this-same-ole-shit-ever-end.gif
(106.35 KiB) Downloaded 439 times

backi

#416 Post by backi »

Yeah belham !
You took the words right out of my mouth (with one picture ) .
Seems the Dogs are quite perfect .
Fine !So it`s time for prime time .
Sometime there is Angel on my right shoulder and Devil on my left (struggling)

Let`s have some fun .So let`s get ready to rumble.

Stranger....if not knowing what kind of funny crew this is ...just relax and enjoy the " Linux most famous Wrestling Live Show " for free .
Here you get the biggest bang for your buck.

Welcome stranger.... to the world most famous never ending " Mad-Cow-Disease--Tourette-Syndrome-Support-Group--Goes-Retro-Event ".

Here we go , enjoy the show .

If we are looking for a name......let`s call it :

" The Distro Formerly Known As Debian Dog "

mcewanw

#417 Post by mcewanw »

Toni and Fred just have different idealogical views. Fred likes developing and publishing his openbox-style DebianDog/XenialDogs without caring too much about how it all started or who wrote what scripts or what licenses the works are made under. Toni on the other hand is a Debian purist who can't stand such lack of open-source law observance (since according to copyright laws others can't use such scripts) - the lack of the polite credit where credit is due (when it is due that is... anikin's piss talk - you got to be kidding...!!!).

Truth is that there is no law that says any work needs to be licensed (and I know you don't like that Toni, sorry - I understand the problem - no license then no right to copy and develop), no law that says any work needs to be open-source. Different with an application or program compared to a assembly of linux OS components - if you fork and expand or mod an already open-source licensed program you are legally bound to continue (the terms of) that license (unless it is a very loose license such as BSD or MIT which allows you to re-license quite often as you wish... GNU originated software is pretty tight in its licensing requirements though).

But distributions of apps and OS components is an entirely different matter - you can add scripts and any apps you like free, non-free, licensed, non-licensed - saying the distribution itself has a license is a bit of a nonsense (all that says is that anything outside of that declared license won't be accepted for distribution by that OS distribution variant). (Okay, but you can't re-distribute anything that is not licensed... without creators permission - in theory - but in this amateur forum I don't think most care much about that)

Nor does any project 'need' to be a 'community' project - on many Puppy scripts/apps, most people work alone (despite maybe taking note of reported bugs and suggestions (sometimes...). Most Puppy utility app writers work on their apps by themselves.

Personally, I have a lot of time for both the purists (Toni etc) and the non-purists (Fred, as I see it) - but the two seem to have difficulty accepting the others different mindset. And Fred hasn't seemed to recognise that others truly can't modify or use/develop his scripts (EDIT: not for further distribution anyway) if left without a license giving permission.

Nevertheless, since it is all just a hobby for most of us, best is always just to do what you want - others can like it or not like it, use it or not use it - there are so many alternatives out there it really doesn't matter if it all lives or dies - any other view is just drama (anikin).

I imagine Fred will keep developing his somewhat unlicensed impure Dogs (or whatever you want to call them hahaha) - but maybe just on some github page away from forum trolls - the same may or may not go for Toni - at least github allows some control over the waste of time trollers - but loses that convenient power for advertising/promoting the released work that Puppy forum provides.

William

EDIT: and where's the credit given to Porteus team??? Just kidding - I don't care really either - everyone copies ideas from everybody. Some call that 'research'. And who is going to take who(m) to Court over some license being broken - not in this wee forum anyway, I'm sure... But... where would we be without more professional standards and the like of Debian... that would just be chaos (like Puppy linux forum - the disease backi is not new - just read back through the years of Puppy linux forum thread madness - but occasionally someone comes along looking for fame through extreme negative behaviour - anikin isn't original either - the name alienjeff springs to mind, but he had some class in his discourse of darkness and gloom whereas anikin has none).
github mcewanw

mcewanw

#418 Post by mcewanw »

Okay, I'm moving on now too. Thanks, dancytron or whoever first said it (not quite the same as enough = enough) - best thing said on the whole thread other than the few recent posts on topic - mine haven't been.

Doubt if the thread will move on yet (or go back onto topic) - perhaps it will one day. Good thing is Toni is fixing up the old DDs for anyone wanted to work on them later. And Fred - probably away building something new, which will appear no doubt sooner or later somewhere or other I'm sure.
github mcewanw

backi

#419 Post by backi »

Again ......out of the darkness........a silent voice of reason ....

fredx181

#420 Post by fredx181 »

Belham wrote:Again....AGAIN? Back to the same ole sh!t?
Sorry belham, I feel with you!!
Thanks anyway for the gif image.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit: dIdn't add a screenshot in my post for Stretch version yet, did now:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 770#959770

backi

#421 Post by backi »

edit
Last edited by backi on Thu 06 Jul 2017, 20:56, edited 3 times in total.

saintless

#422 Post by saintless »

Hi William.
mcewanw wrote:Personally, I have a lot of time for both the purists (Toni etc) and the non-purists (Fred, as I see it) - but the two seem to have difficulty accepting the others different mindset. And Fred hasn't seemed to recognise that others truly can't modify or use/develop his scripts (EDIT: not for further distribution anyway) if left without a license giving permission.
No. We agreed about the licenses and keeping non-free inside the iso images. I did the licensing work in all repositories. I uploaded MintPup and DebianDog-Squeeze in the organisation repo and finished the fixing in both. I even defended Fred after anikin's comment about the locales module.
But you and Fred didn't accept I can speak with anikin without anger or names calling. I didn't play with you the "bad troll story song" and you both got mad. I don't know why. One day you will see it re-reading those pages.

DebianDog is in very good hands now - the gentle hands of free open source project. As it was and always should be.

Toni

mcewanw

#423 Post by mcewanw »

saintless wrote: DebianDog is in very good hands now - the gentle hands of free open source project. As it was and always should be.
Well, at least I like your new, and almost unexpected, discourse of optimism. It almost comes across as 'bright' in what has been a very dark period for DebianDog. A downhill period, which was aggravated and perhaps stirred-up out of control by one insanely jealous and pathetic dark force of destruction, despite your other comments to the contrary, and I'm not talking about Fred or yourself, and not even me!!! If you do remain active I'm pretty sure it will one day be you who changes your mind (again) about that particularly meaningless individual. Yes, I'm sure Fred agrees on at least that much, though I never discussed the matter ever with Fred, but formed my own opinion from the devilish wee monkey's (twittwo) caustic attitude (an attitude, I note, that he sometimes pretends to lose - don't be fooled by that backi...).
github mcewanw

backi

#424 Post by backi »

anikin wrote :
The real significance of DebianDog is this: The future of Puppy Linux depends on it. Under the current, woof system Puppy has absolutely no future. It can only survive if it adopts The DD Mode
D-D is "The best Thing since sliced Bread "

Despite his (anikins ) rude and provoking attitude and the fact he is writing a lot of nonsense ,this seems to be one of his more constructive statements i could agree with .....(from my amateurish point of view ) .

What`s the opinion of the "experts" ?

mcewanw

#425 Post by mcewanw »

backi, I think it would be good if I, and everyone, could try and get back onto thread topics. Nevertheless, I wouldn't wish to compare Puppy with DebianDog at all (aside from look and feel) since they are totally different. I would rather compare DD with the likes of Crunchbang, Elive, something like Trisquel Mini, and Porteus for other obvious reasons - because that comparison shows that DD/XenialDog and so are quite unique - can't find something quite like them out there.

I note that someone has created a list of 50+ best light linuxes and posted link on Puppy forum thread here:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 785#959785

Neither FatDog nor DebianDog (and the really quite different, in many ways, XenialDog, which a lot of Ubuntu fans would love) are mentioned on that list, and there is the issue I'd highlight. Also, the bickering in DebianDog no doubt would not help inclusion on any such list, despite its obvious qualities and differences to all other such light linuxes in practice...

Don't think that has anything whatsoever to do with woof-CE Puppy future per se though - BarryK's OpenEmbedded interest seems more useful for future of Puppy itself IMO. DebianDog is afterall one of many DebianLive created distros, but a kind of unusual one in being so relatively small download with Puppylike facilities (FatDog also has a great deal of similar merit IMO and it is not built on woof-CE either).

Should be posted in another thread though - not sure where.

William
github mcewanw