Wireless printer recommendation?

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
chiefengineer

Wireless printer recommendation?

#1 Post by chiefengineer »

Have been buying all-in-ones, stopping cups, adding cups32, compiling latest Gutenprints, restarting Cups, etc. I am sick of buying and returning print-scan-copy devices.

One of my problems seems to be WPA_GUI connecting to printers with IPV6 when the printer itself only has a gateway in IPV4 mode, because I can make the drivers for them.

I see my Fatdog printer help page got terminated:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 636#628636

Anybody have anything they like that works with Cups 64-bit out of the box?

I would be grateful as I would buy it.

I apologize for not putting this in the Fatdog thread but I am still using 702.

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

chiefengineer

Thank-you so much for this

#3 Post by chiefengineer »

According to the databases I have been having incredibly bad luck choosing units. I'm not sure how LSB compliant Fatdog is because some of the drivers are being installed in places where I am having to dynamically link them to get CUPS to find them, other models are not even in the newest Gutenprint, etc.
My HP was completely unsupported.
I'm even willing to switch distros: if someone says "EpsonXYZ worked out of the box with Slacko 5.7" I would buy it and use Slacko on a separate machine...right now that direction is ending up toward Android.
Much thanks, again.

chiefengineer

Solved for printing issue

#4 Post by chiefengineer »

So after an HP Deskjet, Canon Pixma, and a number of others, the Epson XP-430 works in Fatdog 702 with the following file that does not appear in GSlapt:

epson-escpr-1.6.4-x86_64-1.txz

I see Epson scanner files in GSlapt but will test at a future date. As a note, while choosing the ppd in CUPS dropdown hung but browsing for it directly worked.
Since this is in the 710 repository it is possible it breaks something but I haven't discovered what so far.

I'm happy, and post this result for posterity.

PS: it was $59 USD at Best Buy...has its own screen, etc.