puppy hd real install ?

Using applications, configuring, problems
freddy

puppy hd real install ?

#1 Post by freddy »

Hi there!
I use to play with puppy since ver. 1.03 (actually i am using it right now).
my doubt is this:

how can I install puppy on a hard drive, but not like the hd install within puppy,.
I'd like to make a hd intall like other distros do, I mean, forcing puppy only to put in RAM the apps I pretend to work with at the moment.

note than every time I try a hd install in puppy's menu, it installs only one or two files, each one containing the entyre puppy that goes directly to RAM. I pretend to make 2 partitions (swap and the linux one) with all its directories within.

I hope someone could help me, or at least, give a hand with this.

thanks a lot.

freddy.[/b]

Pizzasgood

#2 Post by Pizzasgood »

What you want is the Option 2 HD install. I don't know if 1.0.3 had that yet. I think it did.

FYI, the word you intended to use was 'intend', not 'pretend'. 'Pretend' means to 'make believe', such as when I pretend to be flying a fighter-jet when I'm actually riding a bicycle. ;)
Last edited by Pizzasgood on Fri 08 Sep 2006, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

raffy

#3 Post by raffy »

See the sticky in Beginner's section. Lots of available links there in hard disk installation and partitioning.
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

freddy

#4 Post by freddy »

sorry i was unable to surf the web until now...

thank you guys,
i think i have a lot to read.

see you.